Here is a public release of my NeoGeo emulator frontend compatible with GnGeoLibs for android! You'll find attached the full apk for free, but you can buy it from the market if you like my work and want to support me
Here is the market link and description : https://market.android.com/details?i...dibox.neodroid
- Download and install neodroid apk AND gngeolibs apk
- Put bios archive (neogeo.zip) inside your roms directory
- Put roms anywhere but in the same directory as your bios file (neogeo.zip)
- Compatible with mame roms format (from "www.rom-world.com" for example)
- Run at full speed on 1GHZ+ devices
- Compatibility should be the same as the GnGeo version 0.8 emulator
GnGeoLibs is based on GnGeo by Mathieu Peponas : http://gngeo.berlios.de/
GnGeoLibs, like GnGeo, is released under the GNU GPLv2 licence: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0-standalone.html and source code can be requested by pm.
GnGeoLibs use the 68k core from the generator project by James Ponder.
GnGeoLibs use Cyclone 680x0 core by fDave, Reesy & Notaz.
GnGeoLibs use DrZ80 core from Reesy & Flubba.
GnGeoLibs use YM2610 Mame core by Tatsuyuki Satoh.
NeoDroid do not contains any roms and you MUST own the original game before downloading some.
NeoGeo is a registered trademark of SNK PLAYMORE CORPORATION.
libgngeo 1.2 : Download
neodroid 2.0 : Download
- Fix force close on ICS devices
- Updated to latest gngeo sources ( rev. 6ad2a3d1bba3 )
- Fix library download problem on froyo devices
- Splitted in two package: neodroid and gngeolibs (if gngeolibs is not present when running NeoDroid, it will redirect to the market link)
- Added save/load state support (with a little bug: it seems that sometime the music is not properly restored in ram)
- Added a compatibility list with roms links search (search button)
- A sound problem should be fixed, the emulator "should" not hang anymore on the NeoGeo logo when loading multiples roms
- No restart on exit emulation anymore, exiting the emulation will bring back to the rom selection list
- Should again fix a problem with the screen aspect ratio (ex. Garou Mark of the Wolves)
- Added progress bar on roms loading
- Problem when using "home" system spotted : be sure to have the bios file "aes-bios.bin" in your neogeo.zip file (still not working very great)
- Added z80 and 68k overlock in preferences (improve neogeo framerate on games like metal slug)
- Fix child roms not working (metal slug 4 plus, Puzzle De Pon! R!)
- Emulation will now pause when in-game menu is showing
- Custom application theme
- Add screenshot preview when touching a rom icon
- fix Breakers Revenge (breakrev.zip) not added to compatibility list
- fix some wrong aspect ratio
- fix a bug preventing the use of "uni-bios.rom" bios system.
- fix "menu" button blinking when using hardware controller.
- improve controls code again, this also improve famerate.
- prevent launching of incompatible roms (based on roms names).
- TODO: save/load states in the work!
- Finally, a major problem is fixed in the new rendering code, which should prevent a crash on a large number of devices, but also improve speed. Thanks for all the reports!
- Add the possibility to enable/disable arm asm specific cores (now disabled by default for better compatibility)
- Transparency now also applied to analog stick
- On screen controller can be analog or digital (preferences screen)
- Vibrations can now be disabled (preferences screen)
- Add the possibility to assign the BACK hardware button (should fix xperia play problem)
- Roms compatibility list and screenshots almost done
- Add more information to crash report
- added bug report by mail, please use the "mail" icon to report crash (restart the application if needed)
- begin to add compatibility list to browsed roms (default color = working, yellow = problem, red = non working)
- begin to add screenshot previews icons
- new and improved on screen controls
- new effects engine (press back in game to bring the menu)
- added 3 new scale mode : original, fit screen, full screen (press back in game to bring the menu)
- improved speed up to 100% on large screen when using the new effect engine (from 30 to 60 fps on galaxy note)
- added hardware buttons mapping in preferences, should work with xperia play and more (need testing and reports)