FORUMS

Focus – An Attractive But Raw Gallery Replacement

Focus is an attractive new app built by XDA members Liam Spradlin … more

How to Root the LG G4 and Install TWRP Recovery – XDA TV

A rooting method has finally been found for the flagship LG G4. In this … more

New Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 Update Fixes Major Bugs

Senior Recognized Developer rovo89 has patched Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 to … more

Download Sony’s new AOSP-like concept for Xperia Z3

Over in our forums, Recognized Contributor Jozinek has posted a very … more

[ROM][MOVED] ICS 4.0.4 BCM RC4.1U2 GSM/CDMA <2012-07-03> (Bravo CM9 HWA)

3,473 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,924
 
By dk_zero-cool, Recognized Contributor on 21st December 2011, 01:46 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
24th February 2012, 08:27 PM |#2301  
Senior Member
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 250
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkenedPoet

I am sure this is a question with an obvious answer, but as I can't seem to find it, is there a way to possibly use the default ICS battery icon instead of the circular one?

extract the systemui.apk from system/data of the new rom
do the same from an old rom that has the battery icon you want

open the old systemui.apk extracted folder
go to drawable-hdpi
copy all the battery icons (should be 100-200 of them)

open the new systemui.apk extracted folder
paste the copied icons and replace the existing ones
rezip the new folder using 7zip with no compression

make sure the new file is .apk and not .zip
replace the systemui.apk with the one you just created
 
 
24th February 2012, 08:44 PM |#2302  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
[ROM] BCM RC2.0U1

Had a random reboot when in dialer. Not sure how it happened. Will see if it will occur again.
24th February 2012, 08:45 PM |#2303  
dk_zero-cool's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Horsens
Thanks Meter: 4,924
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pchtc

extract the systemui.apk from system/data of the new rom
do the same from an old rom that has the battery icon you want

open the old systemui.apk extracted folder
go to drawable-hdpi
copy all the battery icons (should be 100-200 of them)

open the new systemui.apk extracted folder
paste the copied icons and replace the existing ones
rezip the new folder using 7zip with no compression

make sure the new file is .apk and not .zip
replace the systemui.apk with the one you just created

Actually there are only about 20-30 of the stock icons. And you will also need the two battery config files from the drawable folder.

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda premium
24th February 2012, 08:51 PM |#2304  
Senior Member
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 250
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk_zero-cool

Actually there are only about 20-30 of the stock icons. And you will also need the two battery config files from the drawable folder.

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda premium

I guess it depends where you are getting it from
the zip package I made had 201 icons
I made sure to have all 100 charge icons
It was extra work but looks alot better

keep up the good work DK
love the new roms
24th February 2012, 09:13 PM |#2305  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
[ROM] BCM RC2.0U1

Stock install

When unlocking the phone in horizontal mode, the phone reboots.
24th February 2012, 09:16 PM |#2306  
jonmall1441's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Haz-Zebbug, Malta
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Been having random reboots since I did the update from a full wipe. I was just wondering when is it best to create a logcat since I can't recreate the bug? I have no idea what is causing the random reboots (might be a rouge app but not sure).

Thanks for the help. Also anyone with chrome do not update the app it doesn't work... I found out the hard way and currently have no working web browsers on my phone
24th February 2012, 09:17 PM |#2307  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 42
 
More
Installed the 2.0u1 this morning and it looks really promising. I used chrome as the browser during installation. This evening market announced a chrome update. I tried to install this, but obviously hadn't enough free space.

So I uninstalled chrome first and then installed the new version via market.

Now I can now longer start it, it says it would need Android 4 ice cream sandwich:(


Any ideas?
24th February 2012, 09:48 PM |#2308  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by orgler

Installed the 2.0u1 this morning and it looks really promising. I used chrome as the browser during installation. This evening market announced a chrome update. I tried to install this, but obviously hadn't enough free space.

So I uninstalled chrome first and then installed the new version via market.

Now I can now longer start it, it says it would need Android 4 ice cream sandwich:(


Any ideas?

That isn't ROM issue, the new Chrome Beta update does not recognize custom ICS ROMS. It's the app's fault, not the ROM.
24th February 2012, 10:01 PM |#2309  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 42
 
More
Yes I see, lots of bad voting on the market now for the chrome beta because of this. Does Google need this??
24th February 2012, 10:18 PM |#2310  
dk_zero-cool's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Horsens
Thanks Meter: 4,924
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznzzboi

That isn't ROM issue, the new Chrome Beta update does not recognize custom ICS ROMS. It's the app's fault, not the ROM.

actually it is rom issue. Most ICS roms use a 2.3 signiture so that market shows all available apps, and not just the once registeret to work with ICS, which a lot still isn't

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda premium
24th February 2012, 10:19 PM |#2311  
Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Wasn't able to re-store alot of apps with Titanium backup... seemed smooth enough though.

Maybe I'll try it again in a few weeks.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes