Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,210 Members 49,464 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][MOVED] ICS 4.0.4 BCM RC4.1U2 GSM/CDMA <2012-07-03> (Bravo CM9 HWA)

Tip us?

dk_zero-cool
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 4389
Quote:
Originally Posted by zlatkoimamovic View Post
Hi, a quick question. I just flashed the repacked rom and Titanium backup can't get root privileges..although it says in SU that it has privileges. I'm not a dev so I have no idea if I did anything wrong. I was hoping somebody can help me out.

I removed Mount2sd as you discribed in the first post and flashed DT a2sd without rebooting first. Dalvik on sd-ext (volume problems). Rebooted couple of times...didn't help.

Thnx in advance!
People have had problems with Titanium since the first Alpha release of ICS. Don't know why. I use MyBackup pro which works fine with ICS.

About your sound problems, I can only say to bad. This is exactly the reason why I have set my own script to pre-install. There is nothing but problems with many of the other App2SD scripts. And like I have written in the first post, you remove mounts2sd and you are on your own.
Device: Samsung GT-I9300
----------------------------------

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dk_zero-cool For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dk_zero-cool
Old
Thanks Meter 4389
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciWoi View Post
Does camera work ? i donīt find the list of not working things
No, then it would be in the list of added features. This is a repack of Sandvolds rom. Things not written in the list of changes is the same as in his rom.

zlatkoimamovic
Old
(Last edited by zlatkoimamovic; 21st December 2011 at 02:32 PM.)
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk_zero-cool View Post
People have had problems with Titanium since the first Alpha release of ICS. Don't know why. I use MyBackup pro which works fine with ICS.

About your sound problems, I can only say to bad. This is exactly the reason why I have set my own script to pre-install. There is nothing but problems with many of the other App2SD scripts. And like I have written in the first post, you remove mounts2sd and you are on your own.
Thnx for the reply.

Yeah I know about TB...too bad.
About Mounts2sd...I'll try. I read your thread about mounts2sd and I have a question. Is the dalvik cache already on sd (similar when you move dalvik cache to sd-ext in a2sd gui)? Or do I need to move it manualy because it is optional? Sorry for the noob questions..not a dev. Just trying to figure this out and understand it properly.

thnx in advance!!!

dk_zero-cool
Old
Thanks Meter 4389
Quote:
Thnx for the reply.

Yeah I know about TB...too bad.
About Mounts2sd...I'll try. I read your thread about mounts2sd and I have a question. Is the dalvik cache already on sd (similar when you move dalvik cache to sd-ext in a2sd gui)? Or do I need to move it manualy because it is optional? Sorry for the noob questions..not a dev. Just trying to figure this out and understand it properly.

thnx in advance!!!
If you enable it in /system/etc/mounts2sd.conf it will be automatically moved to /sd-ext after you reboot. If you then disable it again, it will be automatically moved back to /data after you reboot.

You just enable or disable and it will do the rest.

3f1f37
Old
Thanks Meter 1136
Quote:
By this you mean extract the file, edit & re-add it to the zip before flashing?

Also if dalvik is moved to SD-EXT does it the volume drop
Phone: SONY Z2
Recovery: ClockWorkMod
Android version: KitKat
Software number: KTU84Q

Phone: HTC One X
Recovery: Philz Touch
Software number: KVT49L

zlatkoimamovic
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
If you enable it in /system/etc/mounts2sd.conf it will be automatically moved to /sd-ext after you reboot. If you then disable it again, it will be automatically moved back to /data after you reboot.

I'm sorry for polluting the thread but I have no clue how to do that. Is executable from within Terminal perhaps and is there a command line for that??? Would be great if you could help me out.

dk_zero-cool
Old
Thanks Meter 4389
Quote:
I'm sorry for polluting the thread but I have no clue how to do that. Is executable from within Terminal perhaps and is there a command line for that??? Would be great if you could help me out.
Perhaps I should include a control script on next release.
In the meanwhile something like this should work after you have flashed the rom.

Code:
Select Code
mount system
sed -i 's/VAR_SD_DALVIK=\"disable\"/VAR_SD_DALVIK=\"enable\"/g' /system/etc/mounts2sd.conf
It will search for the dalvik part and replace it with enable instead of disable.
Just copy paste using your mouse (Ctrl+C does not work in terminals)

Then type
Code:
Select Code
cat /system/etc/mounts2sd.conf | grep DALVIK
to make sure that it has changed to 'enable'

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dk_zero-cool For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zlatkoimamovic
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
In the meanwhile something like this should work after you have flashed the rom.

Code:
Select Code
mount system
sed -i 's/VAR_SD_DALVIK=\"disable\"/VAR_SD_DALVIK=\"enable\"/g' /system/etc/mounts2sd.conf
It will search for the dalvik part and replace it with enable instead of disable.

Then type
Code:
Select Code

thnx!!! appreciate your time!

3f1f37
Old
Thanks Meter 1136
Quote:

Code:
Select Code
mount system

Then type
Code:
Select Code
Just got home,

Time to get the party started
Phone: SONY Z2
Recovery: ClockWorkMod
Software number: KTU84Q

Phone: HTC One X
Recovery: Philz Touch
Software number: KVT49L

roundeye1987
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:

Not sure that it does not work. I'm not sure about the differences of the Bravo and BravoC, but properly just the kernel. Try flashing the ROM and then find a Gingerbread CDMA kernel and see what happens. You could go to oxygens forum and find the Thalamus kernel. Used that in the first couple of alpha version of this ROM with great success.
The problem isn't the kernal, it wont even install. I get an error in the zip, status 7. It says:

Assert failed: getprop(ro.product.device) == "bravo" getprop("ro.build.product") = bravo

Sent from my TWRP'd CM7 Unlocked Electrify.