5,593,401 Members 36,281 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][MOVED] ICS 4.0.4 BCM RC4.1U2 GSM/CDMA <2012-07-03> (Bravo CM9 HWA)

Tip us?

EazyLuke
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky82 View Post
Hi guys,

I'm experiencing a problem with mobile date for some time now.
After a longer period on wifi or without internet at all, the mobile data does not turn on. I either have to turn on airplane mode and turn it on again or reboot the phone.

I'm on RC3.2 U0.
Does anyone have the same?

Thanks...
I also had this problem with every custom ROM until I found a solution: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=187 works perfectly with CM7.2 and should also work with ICS.
I'm now on HTC-RIL 2.2.0018G with CM7.2

dk_zero-cool
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 4263
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmsxms View Post
Actually the battery "tweak" is already part of this ROM, although I've disabled it. The builder of this ROM does seem to just throw everything in without verifying it.
It's not the same, its just simular. The one in this ROM has been verified. So no, I don't just add stuff.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
Device: Samsung GT-I9300
----------------------------------

The Following User Says Thank You to dk_zero-cool For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

orgler
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by EazyLuke View Post
I also had this problem with every custom ROM until I found a solution: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=187 works perfectly with CM7.2 and should also work with ICS.
I'm now on HTC-RIL 2.2.0018G with CM7.2
Well this new ril breaks my 3g connection totally, what solves the issue for me is the app wififixerfree (well this is more a work around since it simply starts a 3g connection every 150 min).

Gesendet von meinem HTC Desire mit Tapatalk 2

martijn_bakker
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky82 View Post
Hi guys,

I'm experiencing a problem with mobile date for some time now.
After a longer period on wifi or without internet at all, the mobile data does not turn on. I either have to turn on airplane mode and turn it on again or reboot the phone.

I'm on RC3.2 U0.
Does anyone have the same?

Thanks...
I used to have the same problem. But recently this hasn't happened anymore. I didn't see it mentioned in any changelog and can't offer an expert opinion on why it didn't work before.

Here's what I can come up with:

- I'm on RC3.3U1. Maybe this was fixed by DK or in CM code?
- I've had to do a full wipe for the upgrade. Maybe some old setting was causing this?
- I did not restore system settings through Titanium (the way I usually do). Maybe auto configuration of network parameters (APN etc.) in the new ROM fix this?

Changing the RIL to a GB compatible one will probably just cause more problems. There's quite a lot of interfacing between RIL and several of the kernel drivers... and we know a lot of the drivers had to be altered/hacked to work with ICS.

My advice would be to make a nandroid backup, perform a full wipe, install the latest ROM and test for this behaviour. If it's indeed fixed then you can restore apps etc. (and if it breaks after that, then you know you should not have restored system network setteings). If it turns out that this doesn't fix things for you, then you can always restore the nandroid backup.

orgler
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Just saw that the CM9-nightly-buildbots are up again. Is there a chance to integrate your great work to the cm9-"mainbranch"? This would be great since it would give us regular updates on new cm9 commits? I'm sure the nexus-one-community would appreciate this alot.
http://www.cyanogenmod.com/blog/cm9-...medium=twitter

Is there any communication between you and the cm-team?

Regards,
Johannes
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to orgler For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Zombie Dude
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Are there any better cameras for this rom (well, all ICS roms)? The stock camera really doesn't take great quality photo's. Other cameras like Amaze and HTC stock were able to give me some pretty great looking images, but ICS stock doesn't seem as good.

Are there other option available?

mgonline
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Hi guys... I'm here again... I test this fantastic rom for a few days before write. I have a problem that I haven't found in the know bug session. My voice commands don't work. All time i use google search or composer's voice the device shows me an audio problem icon. My microphone work great when i use the phone normally ... I can't understand.

Anyone have my same problem?

runarorn
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgonline View Post
Hi guys... I'm here again... I test this fantastic rom for a few days before write. I have a problem that I haven't found in the know bug session. My voice commands don't work. All time i use google search or composer's voice the device shows me an audio problem icon. My microphone work great when i use the phone normally ... I can't understand.

Anyone have my same problem?
It is a known problem with 3.3u1 and will be fixed in the next release. If you look a few pages back you will find othera have had this and there has been posted a fix for it.

himi-xda
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Asked maybe already but here we go,

Insufficient storage for in this case Facebook update.
What can / should I do to move some data to SD? M2SD something?
Cheers....

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

worstenbrood
Old
Thanks Meter 152

DONATE TO ME
Latest drewis kernel for y'all to test:
Attached Files
File Type: zip bravo-evervolv-turba-ics+-06052012.zip - [Click for QR Code] (2.17 MB, 113 views)