Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,899 Members 48,793 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Epic 4G to Virgin Mobile(SMS/MMS/VOICE/3G)*WORKING!* UPDATED:2-19-2013

Tip us?
 
rkmj
Old
#321  
rkmj's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 47
Posts: 158
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorlee View Post
Not trying to step on toes, and brooksyx thread is very detailed and helpful. From my experience with the evo though, I have just never been a fan of cm roms as they don't have the pretty frills most stock roms have, ie sense, hence my desire to modify a non cm rom. No disrespect to brooks or cm both have done great work.

Sent from my Xoom using xda premium
I should have worded my post better. I intended to draw people's attention to Borooksyx's thread in case they have CM9 or CM7 and are looking for a quick fix, not to imply that you were stepping on any toes. Your thread will be useful as a place to post user created fixes for other roms. I'll be more precise in my wording next time.

If I have helped you, don't hesitate to hit the THANKS button
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rkmj For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
brooksyx
Old
#322  
brooksyx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 470
Posts: 1,877
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Vancouver, WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmj View Post
I should have worded my post better. I intended to draw people's attention to Borooksyx's thread in case they have CM9 or CM7 and are looking for a quick fix, not to imply that you were stepping on any toes. Your thread will be useful as a place to post user created fixes for other roms. I'll be more precise in my wording next time.
Yeah I personally am not to concerned with finding a fix for stock roms or miui as I only use cm7/cm9. But it would be nice for users to have other options as well if someone wanted to undertake the task.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA
Boost & Virgin Mobile Epic 4g Touch CM9 MMS Fix: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6#post28439426
Virgin Mobile Epic 4g CM7 & CM9 MMS Fix: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...7#post22403917
Coug Companion App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...aC55a3lhY3ciXQ..
 
gatorlee
Old
#323  
Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 80
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Omaha

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooksyx View Post
Yeah I personally am not to concerned with finding a fix for stock roms or miui as I only use cm7/cm9. But it would be nice for users to have other options as well if someone wanted to undertake the task.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA
I live with my girlfriend and sister and they both have galaxy s ii's I flashed to VM and are bitching about picture mail.
 
rkmj
Old
#324  
rkmj's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 47
Posts: 158
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorlee View Post
I live with my girlfriend and sister and they both have galaxy s ii's I flashed to VM and are bitching about picture mail.
LOL. My main phone is a Nexus S4G on Sprint, so even without this fix, I wasn't really concerned about MMS on the Epic. Now that I have the fix in place, I never use it. I don't even use it on my primary phone. At the same time, it would probably bug me if I thought that a main function of my phone wasn't working. That said, I'm going to do a little digging this weekend and see if I can't work up a flashable fix for Clean GB. (I figure that's a good ROM to start with since a fair number of people seem to use it.)

If I have helped you, don't hesitate to hit the THANKS button
 
gatorlee
Old
#325  
Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 80
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Omaha

 
DONATE TO ME
I am trying to do the same thing right now. I just grabbed the sleeper epic ROM because it was the newest and a stock copy the optimus v ROM and brooksyx's .smali file to compare the three. Fortunately I have the time right now, unfortunately the only programing experience I have is writing a hello world program in netbeans Needless to say it's been a bit difficult to decipher between the 3000+ lines of code in these files to determine what is needed for sms in the .smali file.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium
 
brooksyx
Old
#326  
brooksyx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 470
Posts: 1,877
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Vancouver, WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorlee View Post
I live with my girlfriend and sister and they both have galaxy s ii's I flashed to VM and are bitching about picture mail.
I've been tempted to get the epic touch but I would only pay $200 for one vs the $300 that they are going for.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA
Boost & Virgin Mobile Epic 4g Touch CM9 MMS Fix: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6#post28439426
Virgin Mobile Epic 4g CM7 & CM9 MMS Fix: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...7#post22403917
Coug Companion App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...aC55a3lhY3ciXQ..
 
gatorlee
Old
#327  
Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 80
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Omaha

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooksyx View Post
I've been tempted to get the epic touch but I would only pay $200 for one vs the $300 that they are going for.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA
check craigslist supposedly the galaxy s iii is being announced in march and released in April, that should drop the price considerably.
 
brooksyx
Old
#328  
brooksyx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 470
Posts: 1,877
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Vancouver, WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorlee View Post
check craigslist supposedly the galaxy s iii is being announced in march and released in April, that should drop the price considerably.
There won't be any on Craigslist near me. I live in a small college town. I think I will probably just switch to the galaxy nexus once sprint gets, but we shall.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA
Boost & Virgin Mobile Epic 4g Touch CM9 MMS Fix: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6#post28439426
Virgin Mobile Epic 4g CM7 & CM9 MMS Fix: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...7#post22403917
Coug Companion App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...aC55a3lhY3ciXQ..
 
peryp9
Old
#329  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 38
Posts: 103
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooksyx View Post
I've been tempted to get the epic touch but I would only pay $200 for one vs the $300 that they are going for.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

I got my Epic 4G Touch on Craigslist from some guy in Bronx for $200 (probably stolen)... and since I got it, I've been trying to fix this MMS issue. I just don't have the time to learn Java (although I would love to).

If I could dedicate a weekend, I'm sure I can fix it for this Epic 4G Touch running a stock and rooted ROM. I will post my results when they become available ...
The Following User Says Thank You to peryp9 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
brooksyx
Old
#330  
brooksyx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 470
Posts: 1,877
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Vancouver, WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by peryp9 View Post
I got my Epic 4G Touch on Craigslist from some guy in Bronx for $200 (probably stolen)... and since I got it, I've been trying to fix this MMS issue. I just don't have the time to learn Java (although I would love to).

If I could dedicate a weekend, I'm sure I can fix it for this Epic 4G Touch running a stock and rooted ROM. I will post my results when they become available ...
I really want to get an epic touch, I am on ebay everyday looking for a good deal.

If I do get my hands on one I will post a working CM9 rom. The epic touch is probably going to get official CM9 support pretty soon anyways.
Boost & Virgin Mobile Epic 4g Touch CM9 MMS Fix: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6#post28439426
Virgin Mobile Epic 4g CM7 & CM9 MMS Fix: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...7#post22403917
Coug Companion App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...aC55a3lhY3ciXQ..

Thread Tools
Display Modes