OP Shinydude100

8th March 2012, 08:01 PM   |  #321  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 47

158 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorlee

Not trying to step on toes, and brooksyx thread is very detailed and helpful. From my experience with the evo though, I have just never been a fan of cm roms as they don't have the pretty frills most stock roms have, ie sense, hence my desire to modify a non cm rom. No disrespect to brooks or cm both have done great work.

Sent from my Xoom using xda premium

I should have worded my post better. I intended to draw people's attention to Borooksyx's thread in case they have CM9 or CM7 and are looking for a quick fix, not to imply that you were stepping on any toes. Your thread will be useful as a place to post user created fixes for other roms. I'll be more precise in my wording next time.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rkmj For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th March 2012, 08:31 PM   |  #322  
Flag Vancouver, WA
Thanks Meter: 470

1,877 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmj

I should have worded my post better. I intended to draw people's attention to Borooksyx's thread in case they have CM9 or CM7 and are looking for a quick fix, not to imply that you were stepping on any toes. Your thread will be useful as a place to post user created fixes for other roms. I'll be more precise in my wording next time.

Yeah I personally am not to concerned with finding a fix for stock roms or miui as I only use cm7/cm9. But it would be nice for users to have other options as well if someone wanted to undertake the task.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA
8th March 2012, 08:46 PM   |  #323  
Flag Omaha
Thanks Meter: 3

80 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooksyx

Yeah I personally am not to concerned with finding a fix for stock roms or miui as I only use cm7/cm9. But it would be nice for users to have other options as well if someone wanted to undertake the task.

I live with my girlfriend and sister and they both have galaxy s ii's I flashed to VM and are bitching about picture mail.
8th March 2012, 09:34 PM   |  #324  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 47

158 posts
More
Quote:

I live with my girlfriend and sister and they both have galaxy s ii's I flashed to VM and are bitching about picture mail.

LOL. My main phone is a Nexus S4G on Sprint, so even without this fix, I wasn't really concerned about MMS on the Epic. Now that I have the fix in place, I never use it. I don't even use it on my primary phone. At the same time, it would probably bug me if I thought that a main function of my phone wasn't working. That said, I'm going to do a little digging this weekend and see if I can't work up a flashable fix for Clean GB. (I figure that's a good ROM to start with since a fair number of people seem to use it.)
8th March 2012, 10:53 PM   |  #325  
Flag Omaha

80 posts
Donate to Me
More
I am trying to do the same thing right now. I just grabbed the sleeper epic ROM because it was the newest and a stock copy the optimus v ROM and brooksyx's .smali file to compare the three. Fortunately I have the time right now, unfortunately the only programing experience I have is writing a hello world program in netbeans Needless to say it's been a bit difficult to decipher between the 3000+ lines of code in these files to determine what is needed for sms in the .smali file.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium
8th March 2012, 11:59 PM   |  #326  
Flag Vancouver, WA

1,877 posts
More
Quote:

I've been tempted to get the epic touch but I would only pay $200 for one vs the $300 that they are going for.

9th March 2012, 04:58 AM   |  #327  
Flag Omaha

80 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I've been tempted to get the epic touch but I would only pay $200 for one vs the $300 that they are going for.

check craigslist supposedly the galaxy s iii is being announced in march and released in April, that should drop the price considerably.
9th March 2012, 05:50 AM   |  #328  
Flag Vancouver, WA

1,877 posts
More
Quote:

check craigslist supposedly the galaxy s iii is being announced in march and released in April, that should drop the price considerably.

There won't be any on Craigslist near me. I live in a small college town. I think I will probably just switch to the galaxy nexus once sprint gets, but we shall.

11th March 2012, 08:26 AM   |  #329  
Thanks Meter: 38

103 posts
Quote:

I got my Epic 4G Touch on Craigslist from some guy in Bronx for $200 (probably stolen)... and since I got it, I've been trying to fix this MMS issue. I just don't have the time to learn Java (although I would love to).

If I could dedicate a weekend, I'm sure I can fix it for this Epic 4G Touch running a stock and rooted ROM. I will post my results when they become available ...
The Following User Says Thank You to peryp9 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th March 2012, 08:36 AM   |  #330  
Flag Vancouver, WA

1,877 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by peryp9

I got my Epic 4G Touch on Craigslist from some guy in Bronx for $200 (probably stolen)... and since I got it, I've been trying to fix this MMS issue. I just don't have the time to learn Java (although I would love to).

If I could dedicate a weekend, I'm sure I can fix it for this Epic 4G Touch running a stock and rooted ROM. I will post my results when they become available ...

I really want to get an epic touch, I am on ebay everyday looking for a good deal.

If I do get my hands on one I will post a working CM9 rom. The epic touch is probably going to get official CM9 support pretty soon anyways.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread