Flag Cali
Thanks Meter: 5,276

4,281 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamperson347

Raver,

Excellent work as always. I hate to post this because I really hate "complaining," but I noticed, after flashing the latest version of this rom, that the battery icon will go from a green icon to an ICS blue icon whenever the percentage hits a multiple of 5 (20,25,30, etc). Personally, I like the updated battery icon due to the fact that the percentage is updated in real time (vs the multiples of 5). Is there any way to fix this or is this just a bug? Either way, this rom is much appreciated

Thanks,
David

It will be corrected when i get home as makeing almosi 90 new pngs on a laptop isnt something i want to fo lol
28th December 2011, 02:18 AM   |  #222  
Thanks Meter: 13

126 posts
hahahah, completely understandable. I really should learn about developing for Android... anyways, thanks again!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA App
28th December 2011, 02:27 AM   |  #223  
IE, SoCal
Thanks Meter: 4

82 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crackpot

This is Gingerbread based, not Froyo. You do need CWM in order to flash this. Get the official KJ6 release from Samsung, and then flash either drhonk's or bhundven's kernel. I'd recommend bhundven's since its based on the official kernel from KJ6.

As far as the exact procedure the post you linked should lead you in the right direction.

my device came with 221, I updated (Kies) to stock/official 236, and that's where I sit.. so with that in mind, why do I need another kernel, or the official update? o.O (random guess-->) for the CWM included in the custom kernel or ?

I have no CWM on my phone, I'm on 236 (stock/official), and I'd like to flash Raver's modded Valhalla rom.. so which CWM do I use/install first please
28th December 2011, 02:31 AM   |  #224  
Thanks Meter: 30

436 posts
The battery icon is green while discharging. Is that intentional?

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA App
28th December 2011, 02:44 AM   |  #225  
Flag Mobile,AL
Thanks Meter: 515

959 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KotsChopShop

my device came with 221, I updated (Kies) to stock/official 236, and that's where I sit.. so with that in mind, why do I need another kernel, or the official update? o.O (random guess-->) for the CWM included in the custom kernel or ?

I have no CWM on my phone, I'm on 236 (stock/official), and I'd like to flash Raver's modded Valhalla rom.. so which CWM do I use/install first please

Go here GB Ext4 starter pack read the instructions, watch the video, and read the instructions again then follow the instructions. Once you have done that then just download the black edition save file to sdcard and follow the instructions in the OP.
Last edited by bswann; 28th December 2011 at 02:47 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to bswann For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th December 2011, 03:09 AM   |  #226  
Flag City of Rain
Thanks Meter: 0

21 posts
More
I love this ROM but I'm going crazy cuz I'm still having the missing MMS problem. I wipe/factory reset
I wipe cache
I wipe dalvik cache
I flash BE 1.5

I did this four times in the exact same order but my MMS is still missing. The mms.apk is in the system/apps/ folder but i cant see it anywhere using Zeam launcher, GO launcher, ADW EX, or the ones that came with the ROM. Any help would greatly be appreciated!!
28th December 2011, 03:12 AM   |  #227  
Flag SC
Thanks Meter: 257

323 posts
More
Quote:

The reason for needing a kernel is because they come with CWM, something you'll need to flash this ROM.

Not sure if this ROM contains the bootloaders, hence why being on GB already helps.
28th December 2011, 04:34 AM   |  #228  
IE, SoCal
Thanks Meter: 4

82 posts
More
^ k, thanks for the clarity

Quote:
Originally Posted by bswann

Go here GB Ext4 starter pack read the instructions, watch the video, and read the instructions again then follow the instructions. Once you have done that then just download the black edition save file to sdcard and follow the instructions in the OP.

aight man, I'm goin for it *biting nails n sweatn bullets* lol - but I need to put the phone into usb debbugger mode or no? (step 2) and the phone needs to remain in usb storage mode yes?
Last edited by KotsChopShop; 28th December 2011 at 04:36 AM.
28th December 2011, 04:41 AM   |  #229  
Flag SC
Thanks Meter: 257

323 posts
More
Quote:

aight man, I'm goin for it *biting nails n sweatn bullets* lol - but I need to put the phone into usb debbugger mode or no? (step 2) and the phone needs to remain in usb storage mode yes?

You only need the phone to be plugged into USB if you're putting files on the SD card, or using SDK tools.

I feel I should mention, you don't seem all that up to date with how this stuff goes so I would advise you do A LOT of reading before you attempt this. It could brick your phone. Browse around these forums, there are tons of tutorials related to the SGS4G and what makes it tick (read: brick, lol).
28th December 2011, 04:54 AM   |  #230  
Flag Mobile,AL
Thanks Meter: 515

959 posts
More
Quote:

No, debugging doesn't need to be selected.
Yes, you will need the USB plugged in to copy the Rom file (.zip ) that you want to flash.
Yes, you will need the USB plugged in to use Odin.
No, you do not need it plugged in after you have transferred all of your files as you will be flashing using the recovery.

Again, please read the guide over again and then take your time while using Odin and make sure the files are correct.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread