Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,899 Members 49,051 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Reference] Droid Incredible 2 GSM Roms, Patches, and Unlocking help.

Tip us?

LiquidSmokeX64
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitsuj17 View Post
yeah you can build from aerovan's cm9 source pretty easily once you have a build environment setup, thats not too hard

now working in java to make your own changes/mods thats the difficult stuff
Yeah I'm more interested in fixing problems than making new things really. If I could just do that, maybe add an app or two in here and there just to keep thing up to date I'd be happy

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda premium

nitsuj17
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 17053

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSmokeX64 View Post
Yeah I'm more interested in fixing problems than making new things really. If I could just do that, maybe add an app or two in here and there just to keep thing up to date I'd be happy

Best of luck with it
The Following User Says Thank You to nitsuj17 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bluefire153
Old
Thanks Meter 0
So, what's the most stable Rom at this time for incredible 2? Please tell me, my incredible 2 sensor is not well as my friend's incredible s with sense 3.5 (my sense is still 2.1 ( )

LiquidSmokeX64
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefire153 View Post
So, what's the most stable Rom at this time for incredible 2? Please tell me, my incredible 2 sensor is not well as my friend's incredible s with sense 3.5 (my sense is still 2.1 ( )
Most stable hmmmm. Well it just depends on whether you're a Verizon customer or not. If so I'd say RC mix Energy Blue edition 4.0, if you don't like Sense at all you can trump him by using Android 4.04. Aeroevans CM9 kang is very stable at this point. It even has GSM now . I personally haven't stopped using ICS (4.0.x) since the year started and am loving it. Gingerbread (2.3.x) is just not for me anymore, one you go ICS you don't go back. But no stable sense ICS as of yet, just Open Sense 4 which isn't ready for daily use yet

The Following User Says Thank You to LiquidSmokeX64 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

forgiven90
Old
Thanks Meter 25

DONATE TO ME
I have been watching this thread closely lately, I like the efforts being put forth for GSM support! I've tried several different ics roms now and currently using aero's CM9 3-31 build, seems very stable for me, but all the ics roms I've used now, except maybe TP beta 6, I haven't had working data. I'm using the same APN settings I used with GB roms (Movistar.mx) and I show a connection including the little 'E' in the signal bars but no data. Anyone else experiencing this? Or know of a fix? Its a bit weird sometime I'll be able to send or receive gmail but nothing else...

Sent from my Incredible 2 using XDA

LiquidSmokeX64
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by forgiven90 View Post
I have been watching this thread closely lately, I like the efforts being put forth for GSM support! I've tried several different ics roms now and currently using aero's CM9 3-31 build, seems very stable for me, but all the ics roms I've used now, except maybe TP beta 6, I haven't had working data. I'm using the same APN settings I used with GB roms (Movistar.mx) and I show a connection including the little 'E' in the signal bars but no data. Anyone else experiencing this? Or know of a fix? Its a bit weird sometime I'll be able to send or receive gmail but nothing else...

Well to get data, at least for me. I set the network mode to GSM only, then when I see the E start blinking I go to the phone app, then settings and start repeatedly tapping voicemail service and selecting my carrier until I see the E stay there and signal bars turn blue.

Hope this helps

forgiven90
Old
Thanks Meter 25

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSmokeX64 View Post
Well to get data, at least for me. I set the network mode to GSM only, then when I see the E start blinking I go to the phone app, then settings and start repeatedly tapping voicemail service and selecting my carrier until I see the E stay there and signal bars turn blue.

Hope this helps
Hey thanks for the input! This seems to help. I think its working now but either I have bad coverage or the networks overloaded... Do you have hopes of these types of bugs being fixed before the official release?

LiquidSmokeX64
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by forgiven90 View Post
Hey thanks for the input! This seems to help. I think its working now but either I have bad coverage or the networks overloaded... Do you have hopes of these types of bugs being fixed before the official release?

Well to be honest Edge network sucks big time lol. I assume they will be fixed in the official release but who knows when that will be. I am working on getting GSM working better along with others, but there is hope

knipp21
Old
Thanks Meter 578
Bump. This really needs to be stickied.

I'm No dev, no need to donate. Just a simple thanks

Follow me on Google Plus!

https://plus.google.com/115380001456117289879/posts

colossus
Old
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 3122

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by knipp21 View Post
Bump. This really needs to be stickied.

Done.

Thanks To The FreeXperia Team Who Gave Us All Hope.
.................................................. ..................
If You Require Any Help Please Look First.......... HERE

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to colossus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
gsm roms help