Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,021 Members 45,398 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HowTo: Milestone X2 - 2.3.6 Root - UPDATED 09/05/2012

Tip us?

exanimate
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you to everyone in this thread. My phone is now rooted and it was quite easy thanks to you all.

mettercomputers
Old
(Last edited by mettercomputers; 16th February 2012 at 01:02 AM.) Reason: update
Thanks Meter 5
Thanks to everyone who helped with rooting now we need to get the original sbf so we can play with custom roms I have managed to deodex my stock one and it is fast.

My Phone:

Alltel Milestone X2 Android 2.3.6

Used xUltimate 2.3.3 but edited the commands to copy the deodexd file back to phone and delete *odex files I can upload a what I have if anyone is interested.

Check out this thread : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8#post22580568

Trying not to highjack this post

hilltopper06
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mettercomputers View Post
Thanks to everyone who helped with rooting now we need to get the original sbf so we can play with custom roms I have managed to deodex my stock one and it is fast.

My Phone:

Alltel Milestone X2 Android 2.3.6
How did you deodex your Milestone x2? I would like to try this on mine as well, since custom roms are not looking too promising for the MX2 at this point.

clcrawl
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
I would also be interested in this if you have some type of process or direction you could point us in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopper06 View Post
How did you deodex your Milestone x2? I would like to try this on mine as well, since custom roms are not looking too promising for the MX2 at this point.

sminatore
Old
Thanks Meter 4
i have a problem when i type on cmd
"fastboot flash preinstall root.img"

it write me :
<waiting for device>

in the guide is written to put the decive in fastboot mode..... is it the same thing says fastboot mode or bootloader mode ?? if it isnt , how can i start it in fastboot mode ??

clcrawl
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Yes Fastboot mode is what you want to be in. What did your phone show after you entered Fastboot mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sminatore View Post
i have a problem when i type on cmd
"fastboot flash preinstall root.img"

it write me :
<waiting for device>

in the guide is written to put the decive in fastboot mode..... is it the same thing says fastboot mode or bootloader mode ?? if it isnt , how can i start it in fastboot mode ??

sminatore
Old
(Last edited by sminatore; 20th February 2012 at 05:03 PM.)
Thanks Meter 4
i push power button and up on keyboard than it show me a black sceen and something written in white:

Bootloader

Battery OK
OK to Program
TRansfer Mode :
USB

skwoodwiva
Old
(Last edited by skwoodwiva; 20th February 2012 at 06:53 PM.)
Thanks Meter 181

DONATE TO ME
2.3.5 Milestone x2 nandroid wanted.
I would appreciate help getting perhaps all the different carrier versions.
How to make one (all from the same cwr session):
Backup your current rom. To protect yourself wipe data, cache & dalvik (lots of info in there) then flash ReRecoveryDx2 ( as a precaution ) then bu the nandroid for upload finally restore the 1st BU. All in one cwr session.
Note the dates to distinguish one from the other also the wiped one will be smaller.
You can creat a RS free account for uploading. http://www.rapidshare.de/

RR link http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1426062

clcrawl
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
That is a bit odd, mine after select Fastboot says "Starting Fastboot protocol support", so it seems you are not in the right mode. Trying hitting your volume down button to scroll through the options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sminatore View Post
i push power button and up on keyboard than it show me a black sceen and something written in white:

Bootloader

Battery OK
OK to Program
TRansfer Mode :
USB

lafromin
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default SBF files for Milestone X2

I spent a whole lot of time on the phone with Motorola today. If you need to RSD your phone all the small carriers that sell the Milestone X2 use the same SBF. The only difference is the carrier settings which are done at the local store, so if you need those codes or how to do it, call or go by your local carrier.

So, just to recap: The Milestone X2 SBF (2.3.5, 2.3.6) is the same for all carriers.

The reason most people could call but not use data after they flashed the SBF (2.3.5, 2.3.6) is because the voice service WILL work in your home area, but not roaming, until the carrier settings have been programed. Data will NEVER work until the carrier settings have been programed.

I hope this helps!

The Following User Says Thank You to lafromin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]