Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,194 Members 52,300 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[EXPERIMENTAL][PORT][RECOVERY][MULTIBOOT]Tassadar's MultiROM v11 for the Optimus V

Tip us?

bigsupersquid
Old
(Last edited by bigsupersquid; 22nd December 2011 at 11:25 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 349

DONATE TO ME
Default [EXPERIMENTAL][PORT][RECOVERY][MULTIBOOT]Tassadar's MultiROM v11 for the Optimus V

Okay, this is up now for you brave people to test!
Here's the original thread.
[EXPERIMENTAL] MultiROM v11 (Touchscreen support) - Boot ROM from sdcard

All the important info and how-to-use instructions are in the first two posts of that thread.
If you like it, please go there and click on thanks for Tassadar.

I've given it over a week of testing between v10 and v11 and haven't found a single glitch myself.
So, here you go!
The ported recovery has a kernel compatible with either novatek or hitachi screens, if you're wondering
CWM-based MultiROM recovery for the Optimus V (flashable zip)
md5sum: 3113af2b52db9532717ab8d38e82e6e8

MultiRom v11 for the Optimus V
md5sum: 3f3523ffe17158d3ff5b8e3b662c76bf

I'll post more info later (I'm short on time but said I'd get this uploaded today.)
all you really need to know to make it work is in the original thread. Just use these Optimus V files instead of the ones in Tasssadar's post.

I'll edit this and the second post later with more specific instructions.

FYI: This is not a ROM. This is a recovery, and flashable overlay for your boot.img which allow booting from roms on sd-ext or from internal memory.

Please read the original thread before using.

More later! Enjoy.

Oh, yeah.
Standard disclaimer: Flashing your phone may cause bricking.
Don't blame me, or Tasssadar... Just take proper precautions. As the original thread says, BACKUP! Also, never flash a ROM and recovery at the same time, make sure the first works before you flash the second.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bigsupersquid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bigsupersquid
Old
(Last edited by bigsupersquid; 22nd December 2011 at 11:37 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 349

DONATE TO ME
extra info:

you can't mix froyo and gingerbread ROMS unless you flash a Xionia or Xionia Redux anykernel over your boot.img first.
The multiROM uses the boot.img kernel for all the installed ROMs, and most kernels are made for either froyo or gingerbread but not both. Xionia kernels are the only exception to that rule I'm aware of.

I'll link to the xionia kernels later, for now it's just a short warning.
The Following User Says Thank You to bigsupersquid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

brotherswing
Old
(Last edited by brotherswing; 23rd December 2011 at 12:54 AM.) Reason: Wowsers!
Thanks Meter 25
Yay, my old login still works! Downloading now, will test and report on both forums.

Edit:: Just saw my post count. Wowsers! I knew I was a lurker but two and half years and this is my first post here!?

JerryScript
Old
Thanks Meter 567
Thanks alot for porting this over to the OV! I'm going to test it out as soon as I have an hour or two. Should make things easier when debugging new builds.
<> JerryScript.Vmobi.us/Victorious for the Galaxy Victory Virgin Mobile <>

DarkLG
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Going to try this sometime today I'm pretty sure some will find the original thread guide a bit confusing lol

ajones23
Old
Thanks Meter 88
I'm going to try this over the weekend. It might come in handy for testing builds. Ill try it. Thanks.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using xda premium

bigsupersquid
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 349

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLG View Post
Going to try this sometime today I'm pretty sure some will find the original thread guide a bit confusing lol
unfortunately I'm even wordier than Tasssadar, so when i eventually get time to rewrite the directions and add them to post 2, they probably won't be much more user-friendly.

and it may be a couple days until screenshots and directions show up.

mostly i just wanted the thing up for others to play around with.
The Following User Says Thank You to bigsupersquid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DarkLG
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsupersquid View Post
unfortunately I'm even wordier than Tasssadar, so when i eventually get time to rewrite the directions and add them to post 2, they probably won't be much more user-friendly.

and it may be a couple days until screenshots and directions show up.

mostly i just wanted the thing up for others to play around with.
True having it up is most important I'll try it sometime today and possibly try making a noob friendly guide if I have some time.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DarkLG For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ajones23
Old
Thanks Meter 88
Alright guys i successfully got this to work. Its pretty cool,thanks.My son is freaking out,how i got 2 roms booted at the same time.
The Following User Says Thank You to ajones23 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

smokenbiskits
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Installed, how do you want me to help test?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk