Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,356 Members 39,873 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][2.3.5] Zero Hero Sense 3.5 RC 2.5 [Mar. 2, 2012]

Tip us?

SummonerOfDeath
Old
Thanks Meter 9
@dkelly mostly ( and to devs):

I had issues with Zero Sense 0.21 (see quote).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummonerOfDeath View Post
Was testing this one (0.21) for abt 2 days, wanted to test longer but was unable 2 do so.
Installed 2 days ago at abt 18h with las venturas 1.0 RC2, worked like a charm this evening: lightning fast, much memory, no bugs, great look & feel. installed all my apps, no problems.
did what i never do: i left original CPU settings as they just fit and didn't produce bad lags.
next morning, i tried to reconnect to my wlan which didnt work. in settings, wlan just said "error"; abt the same time, the phone started rebooting randomly. i booted, entered pin, and either at pin screen or after abt 2-5 min of running fine (well more or less, not as good as the evening before) it did a hot restart. this didn't work out though multiple rebooting and even kernel re-installing. this is why i had to cancel my test period as i need hero for daily phone. any ideas?
Now, exactly the same problem occurs on this rom... but just since the last build, first was fine.
It does not occur after 10 hrs of use as before, now it occurs immediately after setup!
dont know what 2 do.
oh yes - and no logcats, as i have not got time to usb mount before next restart.
would be sad if i had to quit this one as its an awesome rom...
Device: HTC Hero GSM [T-Mobile Google G2, black]
Recovery: ClockworkMod Recovery Hero v.2.5.0.7
ROM: the one that fits my needs best atm
Radio: 63.18.55.06SU_6.35.17.03
CPU: @264-748.8MHz
& various other custom stuff

Always Remember...
  • Use search before posting
  • Post in correct sections
  • Do not spam the board
  • Respect other members
  • Follow the rules!

Did I help you? Please press "THANKS" down there!

dkelley
Old
Thanks Meter 198
I'm wondering if the problem is the same one we used to have sporadically with facebook within gb sense roms. did you maybe configure the facebook for sense account? if so then possibly this is the issue. or maybe the fb app itself is causing issues if you used it instead, or maybe using boht is the problem.

if you dind't do this then I doubt that is the problem.

but if course, restoring a lot of apps from tit backup can introduce lots of configurations which might actually trip over some existing configurations in the rom, so if you restore a fb app or account or similar then that too could cause issues.

not just fb of course, but fb is known to have caused similar issues in the past in one or more gb sense roms on the hero. I don't recall if hte isuses were with the fb app, the fb-for-sense account (for friendstream etc), or both.

I seem to recall similar issues in the past when doing this, and only in some installs and some setups. i dont' recall how I worked around it, but there was a workaround I think.

that's all I can give you right now, search this thread and the rose threads and the sfm threads (all similar roms with similar issues) to see if you can find anything about this.
SAMSUNG GALAXY S5

SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE i717D (yup - my old note 1)

ANDROID SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
(check out the PayWith Worldwide app in google play - I wrote that, they're my employer)

My favorite blogs:
Android Zorro: Underground Inside Scoop

Google: Android Developers

Android Phone Fans: Phandroid

SummonerOfDeath
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelley View Post
I'm wondering if the problem is the same one we used to have sporadically with facebook within gb sense roms. did you maybe configure the facebook for sense account? if so then possibly this is the issue. or maybe the fb app itself is causing issues if you used it instead, or maybe using boht is the problem.

if you dind't do this then I doubt that is the problem.

but if course, restoring a lot of apps from tit backup can introduce lots of configurations which might actually trip over some existing configurations in the rom, so if you restore a fb app or account or similar then that too could cause issues.

not just fb of course, but fb is known to have caused similar issues in the past in one or more gb sense roms on the hero. I don't recall if hte isuses were with the fb app, the fb-for-sense account (for friendstream etc), or both.

I seem to recall similar issues in the past when doing this, and only in some installs and some setups. i dont' recall how I worked around it, but there was a workaround I think.

that's all I can give you right now, search this thread and the rose threads and the sfm threads (all similar roms with similar issues) to see if you can find anything about this.
Indeed, i did configure fb for sense... what i do never else Oo stupid me... why? dont know, i hate friendstream
But with 0.21 i did not use fb and the problem occured, though.
did not use tit backup yet, the problems reported made me think it will do no good on sense roms ^^
went back to 12222011 for the moment, reliable rom and stable for me. will try next time WITHOUT damn fb.
thanks dkelly will report when i tried again.
Device: HTC Hero GSM [T-Mobile Google G2, black]
Recovery: ClockworkMod Recovery Hero v.2.5.0.7
ROM: the one that fits my needs best atm
Radio: 63.18.55.06SU_6.35.17.03
CPU: @264-748.8MHz
& various other custom stuff

Always Remember...
  • Use search before posting
  • Post in correct sections
  • Do not spam the board
  • Respect other members
  • Follow the rules!

Did I help you? Please press "THANKS" down there!

dkelley
Old
Thanks Meter 198
cool, let me know.

by the way I use tit back all the time with sense roms, it's just fine. but I'm cautious about what I restore - I do bulk restores of apps + data of a lot of items, but a few things I don't restore to either sense roms or to older android versions like 2.1.

with gb roms I find I can typically restore almost everything without trouble but I still watch fb, twitter, and a couple of other items since sense uses peep and has it's own annoying fb for sense account in addition to the fb app, and both integrate into the contacts list which is of course a little dangerous if both are messing with it at once.
SAMSUNG GALAXY S5

SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE i717D (yup - my old note 1)

ANDROID SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
(check out the PayWith Worldwide app in google play - I wrote that, they're my employer)

My favorite blogs:
Android Zorro: Underground Inside Scoop

Google: Android Developers

Android Phone Fans: Phandroid

iulipepe
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Hi!
Question for the DEV Team
Can you implement the Skin Picker Option in your ROM ?
The Following User Says Thank You to iulipepe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

slobo2712
Old
Thanks Meter 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by iulipepe View Post
Hi!
Question for the DEV Team
Can you implement the Skin Picker Option in your ROM ?
BRAVO! I am interested too

golf12
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Download link please this one does not allow to download
thanks

elliotn
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I love the bling of this Rom but I can't get USB tether to work, anyone with a workaround please help

dastin1015
Old
Recognized Developer / Contributor
Thanks Meter 10,398

DONATE TO ME
New update out. See changelog for updates

私のEVO 3Dから送信される。
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dastin1015 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

elliotn
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I will wait untill someone confirm if USB tether works, thanks for the good job