Install Swype Beta on your RAZR!
I love having Swype installed on my RAZR but I like the BETA version because they keep adding more and more cool features. The newest includes Dragon Dictate which really works great! It also now learns your writing style and improves it's predictions.
Problem is if you have Swype pre-installed on your phone you can't install the new BETA, until now.......
Here are the directions to remove your stock Swype and install the BETA:
** warning - changing the wrong files can brick your phone so be careful! **
First, your RAZR must be rooted.
Using Root Explorer:
1. Change your default input method to anything other than Swype.
2. Mount file system as R/W
3. Delete (or move/rename) \system\app\swype.apk
4. Delete (or move/rename) \data\dalvik-cache\system@app@Swype.firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Delete (or move/rename) \system\lib\libSwypeCore.so
7. Download and Run the latest Swype Beta installer
If you get FC's after installing Swype BETA then remove Swype and the Swype Installer under Manage Apps, re-boot and install the BETA again. Seems to be some stuff left over from the old version that can cause this problem.