[Q] My note won't turn on !!!

Tip us?

Androidkmk
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] My note won't turn on !!!

Hey guys...seriously need your help,

I just got the note a month ago and i'm pretty amazed by it's capabilities. this is my first android phone and i'm kind of new to it. I hope i didn't make something dumb, yet i flashed my note with a .tar file just to add arabic language to it as it's not in by default. I follow the instructions explained on the webpage literally using Odin3. I got a passed flash and then disconnected the note as explained. since then it doesn't turn on. I tried almost everything using all kinds of button combinations to get to either download or recovery mode but nothing came out of the screen it's simply dead.....very disappointed, wish anyone could help me please....Thank you.

stefan.buddle
Old
Thanks Meter 203
seems you have bricked your phone, if it does absolutely nothing it is bricked

ugumba
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Tried yanking out the battery and reseating?

dr.ketan
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 21077

DONATE TO ME
Try getting Download mode with JIG
You may get JIG from market, or manually make with this guide
http://droidangel.blogspot.com/2011/...-download.html

TomasNM
Old
Thanks Meter 19
If the phone wants to start,you can do something. If absolutely no,then it is bad.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA App
Samsung Galaxy Note JellyBean
Touch Pro @ EnergyROM WM6.5
Himalaya WM6 @ 7.0b.40CS
Typhoon WM6.1,Hurricane WM2003SE,Oxygene WM5,Toshiba Portege G710 WM6
HTC Hero @ Elelinux 7.1 Gingerbread
The Following User Says Thank You to TomasNM For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wolfmanx
Old
Thanks Meter 0
My Galaxy Note won't turn on too. The problem came after I was downloading a magazine from Zinio using the Reader's Hub app. Before I started the download, my battery level was almost empty. In the middle of the download, the phone died before I could get the chance to plug it in to charge it. Unfortunately when I tried to recharge it using the stock USB cable, the phone wouldn't turn on anymore. I plugged it in my computer but it did not recognize any USB device being plugged into it. It's as if I didn't plugged in the device at all. I've tried every button combination to reset the device as well as try other batteries and then tried the button combinations again to no avail. There was absolutely no response from the phone.

It was pretty obvious at that point that my Note was bricked. It's been only 2 weeks since I bought it and I'm really frustrated that this happened, especially now that I'm already hooked with Android coming from IOS devices for a while.

I decided to send it back to a Samsung Service Center for their evaluation. The front line technicians couldn't get my device to turn on as well. The attendee told me that they will have to keep the unit for further evaluation and told me that I have to wait for 3 business days before informing me of the results. I'm hoping that they would just replace my device with a new one.

mkoger
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmanx View Post
My Galaxy Note won't turn on too. The problem came after I was downloading a magazine from Zinio using the Reader's Hub app. Before I started the download, my battery level was almost empty. In the middle of the download, the phone died before I could get the chance to plug it in to charge it. Unfortunately when I tried to recharge it using the stock USB cable, the phone wouldn't turn on anymore. I plugged it in my computer but it did not recognize any USB device being plugged into it. It's as if I didn't plugged in the device at all. I've tried every button combination to reset the device as well as try other batteries and then tried the button combinations again to no avail. There was absolutely no response from the phone.

It was pretty obvious at that point that my Note was bricked. It's been only 2 weeks since I bought it and I'm really frustrated that this happened, especially now that I'm already hooked with Android coming from IOS devices for a while.

I decided to send it back to a Samsung Service Center for their evaluation. The front line technicians couldn't get my device to turn on as well. The attendee told me that they will have to keep the unit for further evaluation and told me that I have to wait for 3 business days before informing me of the results. I'm hoping that they would just replace my device with a new one.
daaaaaaaang, i would cry... good luck!

wolfmanx
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoger View Post
daaaaaaaang, i would cry... good luck!
Thanks. Yep, I sobbed for a bit after the attendee told me they need to keep it for further evaluation and no service unit was available.

My hunch on what happened to my Note was that it was writing to the flash when the power went out and did not get the chance to finish the write cycle. Thus, the unit was left out with a corrupted flash. I'm thinking that the OS should have prevented this from happening since it should know that the battery is about to die out. Moreover, even if the main flash got corrupted, there should have been a different controller (MCU, FPGA or similar) apart from the main processor which contain a boot loader code of some sort that would kick in to enable recovery of the device even if the main flash is corrupted.

I've been browsing through other threads under the SGN forum pertaining to units that won't respond to key presses to reset the device or to enter into downloading mode. I'm now lead to believe that there is no redundant system inside the Note that will ensure device recovery. Can anybody here who knows the hardware on the Note confirm or debunk this? Anybody from Samsung here?

I've been working with IOS devices (different iPhones) for a while now and had, on a number of occasions, made mistakes in jailbreaking the device but I would always be able to trust that I could re-enter DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) mode with some key press combinations and be able to recover the device completely. I think this is absent on the Note.

I was hoping that the Note had this feature.

wolfmanx
Old
Thanks Meter 0
anybody here who encountered a similar problem?

RommaS
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have the same problem. At the morning a tried to turn on my SGN, but no response. All th simptoms the same: no charging, no reactions to buttons combinations, no PC detection.