Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,607 Members 52,459 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][2.3.5]KK4 Saurom Ed. 16locks|15toggles|14Power| ONE CLICK ADDED

Tip us?

TonyStark
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 5135
Hi all. I just searched for info on switching from teamhacksung's ICS but only got one hit. has anyone switched from it to this? Oxi I see you did, I used full wipe but get locked at the Google screen from teamhacksung's rom.

Yes I cleared all (more then once). Don't normally have issues like this Tho I've never come from ICS before either

kafepuya
Old
Thanks Meter 94

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikstiks View Post
I would be very interested in how this turned out kafepuya as well. I have been plagued by this "Search" soft key issue off and on for quite some time, on multiple ROMS.
Sorry I didn't report, but I am serial flasher, and just flashed another ROM. Just want to point out that I was having this problem on Saurom JVZ, not kk4. Also, I had been running the ROM for almost 3 Weeks before the issue with the search key popped up, so I don't think the ROM had anything with it.

@tomween, I have read somewhere that coming back from ICS to GB is the same process as coming back from CM7 to other GB roms. Can someone elaborate on this?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using xda premium

ChuckDaEngineer
Old
Thanks Meter 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomween1 View Post
Hi all. I just searched for info on switching from teamhacksung's ICS but only got one hit. has anyone switched from it to this? Oxi I see you did, I used full wipe but get locked at the Google screen from teamhacksung's rom.

Yes I cleared all (more then once). Don't normally have issues like this Tho I've never come from ICS before either
You will need to go back to stock to flash from Teamhacksung's ICS since it is MTD and uses a different file structure. This ROM is great and well worth the effort. Do a return to stock and flash away.
Good Luck.

TonyStark
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 5135
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckDaEngineer View Post
You will need to go back to stock to flash from Teamhacksung's ICS since it is MTD and uses a different file structure. This ROM is great and well worth the effort. Do a return to stock and flash away.
Good Luck.
Yup figured that out. Thanks m8

The Following User Says Thank You to TonyStark For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sikstiks
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kafepuya View Post
Sorry I didn't report, but I am serial flasher, and just flashed another ROM. Just want to point out that I was having this problem on Saurom JVZ, not kk4. Also, I had been running the ROM for almost 3 Weeks before the issue with the search key popped up, so I don't think the ROM had anything with it.
Not a worry,
I am inclined to do the same, flash to another ROM. Seems to pop up intermittently here and there as I experiment with different ROMS. Would be awesome to simply eliminate the issue all together. Will try it out when it rears it's ugliness again.
Thanks anyways,

Happy Crackflashin'!!!
~Livin' w/ Rhythm~

greygoose425
Old
(Last edited by greygoose425; 10th January 2012 at 08:28 PM.)
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikstiks View Post
Not a worry,
I am inclined to do the same, flash to another ROM. Seems to pop up intermittently here and there as I experiment with different ROMS. Would be awesome to simply eliminate the issue all together. Will try it out when it rears it's ugliness again.
Thanks anyways,

Happy Crackflashin'!!!
I've had the same search key issue for a while now. The problem started way back with Fasty 1.7 (froyo) and has been present in every GB rom I've flashed (Serenity, Illuminance and Saurom). I get at least one false press a day and sometimes it goes crazy and the phone becomes pretty much unusable. I have to lock the screen and wait 5-10 minutes before the problem goes away. I've done a master clear and flashed every rom from stock, I've also tried doing the firmware update with every rom and it has yet to help. I'm starting to believe that this is a hardware issue. My phone is a 1012 build, I wonder if everyone else with this issue has the same build?..... I so wish I could find a solution.

EDIT:
When I do a touch key FW update I get "Update Complete: PASS"

Phone's touch key FW version: 0xa9
Part's Touch key FW version: 0x17

Do you all get the same?

c0ldburn3r
Old
Thanks Meter 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by greygoose425 View Post
I've had the same search key issue for a while now. The problem started way back with Fasty 1.7 (froyo) and has been present in every GB rom I've flashed (Serenity, Illuminance and Saurom). I get at least one false press a day and sometimes it goes crazy and the phone becomes pretty much unusable. I have to lock the screen and wait 5-10 minutes before the problem goes away. I've done a master clear and flashed every rom from stock, I've also tried doing the firmware update with every rom and it has yet to help. I'm starting to believe that this is a hardware issue. My phone is a 1012 build, I wonder if everyone else with this issue has the same build?..... I so wish I could find a solution.

EDIT:

Do you all get the same?
Actually this isn't a rom issue. Would have to do some google searching but there's actually moisture behind your screen. Mines done it from day one on stock and custom.
----------------------------------------------
Device: AT&T SGS IV
Rom: ShoStock/Jeboo Powered
GalaxyTab2 7.0 P3113 - Stock/Next Powered
B&N Nook HD+ - ModdedStock
AT&T SGS II - ShoStock/Pandora
AT&T Samsung Rugby Smart - Anyone want it?
AT&T Samsung Captivate - Retired
Just remember, use that little search button. It will save you from getting flamed... maybe
The Following User Says Thank You to c0ldburn3r For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sinichi21
Old
Thanks Meter 297

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by greygoose425 View Post

EDIT:

Do you all get the same?
Yup thats it if you still have the search issue then maybe its moisture piled up inside the touchkey

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using xda premium
Current ROM: DynamicKat 2.0
Current Kernel: Stock
Current Theme: Dark Theme for Captivate

If I help you out give me a thanks button
The Following User Says Thank You to sinichi21 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

greygoose425
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Thanks for the quick responses. I'll leave my phone in a zip-lock bag full of rice tonight to see if can draw out the moisture. I'll post my results after a few days.

golfslicer
Old
(Last edited by golfslicer; 11th January 2012 at 11:39 PM.)
Thanks Meter 332
Default New Signal Bar

I been playing with the signal bar again and I discovered that the KK4 version of the captivate actually has 10 signal strengths with the first two at 0 bars. So I created a new signal bar with 8 bars. 2 bars would actually be 1 bar with the 4 bar signal. No need for different colors since each step is now a bar. 1 gray bar means you have less than a bar, but still have a signal. Totally blacked out, you may not be able to make a call. If you like it say thanks. It really gives you a better visual picture of your actual signal.

Note: 10 bars will be way to small to fit.

Attached is a screenshot. The green one has been updated, screen shot attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	snap20120110_190208.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	851172   Click image for larger version

Name:	snap20120111_173801.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	852732  
Attached Files
File Type: zip KK4-DropdownMod2HorizBlue.zip - [Click for QR Code] (993.5 KB, 21 views)
File Type: zip KK4-DropdownMod2HorizGreen.zip - [Click for QR Code] (987.0 KB, 10 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to golfslicer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]