2nd March 2012, 07:41 PM   |  #511  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 547

1,220 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentycz

I have got Omnia 7 with latest Mango 8107 and I cant break too. It seems to be broken, but it isnt. I can install unsigned apps, but when I disconnect phone from computer, I see no apps, I have recently installed. So I think, for Omnia is it blocked.

That doesn't make sense at all; if you can sideload, even if your device gets relocked, the apps won't be uninstalled. Are they there when your device is still connected to the computer?
4th March 2012, 01:54 PM   |  #512  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 154

554 posts
Donate to Me
More
No way this will work on the Omnia W? I'm on the KK7 firmware, and I've heard KK2 and above are not that easily breakable. Damn, left the world of Android to come to WP7, and now I want to unlock! Old habits die hard xD
4th March 2012, 02:02 PM   |  #513  
Flag Mukwonago
Thanks Meter: 745

941 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentycz

I have got Omnia 7 with latest Mango 8107 and I cant break too. It seems to be broken, but it isnt. I can install unsigned apps, but when I disconnect phone from computer, I see no apps, I have recently installed. So I think, for Omnia is it blocked.

Are you sure you are deploying to the phone and not the emulator?
4th March 2012, 02:38 PM   |  #514  
Thanks Meter: 28

102 posts
More
cmon guys, this isn't a support thread, only post ideas here that could help jaxbot & co, if you want to say thanks: there is a function for it built right into the forum
please send questions via PM, so this topic stays clear.

thanks
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to roqstr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th March 2012, 02:51 PM   |  #515  
OP Recognized Developer

1,220 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by roqstr

cmon guys, this isn't a support thread, only post ideas here that could help jaxbot & co, if you want to say thanks: there is a function for it built right into the forum
please send questions via PM, so this topic stays clear.

thanks

+1
There are other threads for support. This is a development thread. I try to be polite, but you get the point here
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaxbot For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th March 2012, 06:56 AM   |  #516  
Flag Shanghai
Thanks Meter: 63

73 posts
An unlock idea, has this idea been tried?

Create a proxy server and monitor marketplace activity. Pass all verification steps of marketplace as what a normal proxy server will do. But when server is starting to send the actual XAP file, replace it with our XAP.
5th March 2012, 07:20 AM   |  #517  
Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,698

5,682 posts
More
I don't think that would work, sadly. The problem is that the protections aren't in the connection at all - they're in the XAP. Unless we can add the Marketplace DRM singature to a homebrew app, there's no point in sending such a XAP to a non-dev-unlocked phone. Even if the phone installed that app, it would refuse to run it because the app wouldn't be signed.

Mind you, I don't know if anybody has tried to add Marketplace DRM to a XP before. However, if it's implemented at all competently, this will be essentially impossible (specifically, it'll require a private key that we don't have).
5th March 2012, 11:43 AM   |  #518  
Flag Kiev
Thanks Meter: 4

32 posts
More
Can we use unit-testing to call functions that need interop rights to run?
9th March 2012, 02:20 AM   |  #519  
Flag Shanghai
Thanks Meter: 63

73 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDayToDie

I don't think that would work, sadly. The problem is that the protections aren't in the connection at all - they're in the XAP. Unless we can add the Marketplace DRM singature to a homebrew app, there's no point in sending such a XAP to a non-dev-unlocked phone. Even if the phone installed that app, it would refuse to run it because the app wouldn't be signed.

Mind you, I don't know if anybody has tried to add Marketplace DRM to a XP before. However, if it's implemented at all competently, this will be essentially impossible (specifically, it'll require a private key that we don't have).

You are right. Look like this is already been tested and failed. http://dennisdel.com/blog/progress-r...esearch-part-2.

Another try will be, let's say, create an XAP with desired function which will be activated only after some specific actions. And pass to MS for certification. If we can get through that, we will have an XAP with correct certificate. Even if it is revoked from the marketplace one day.

Not sure how deep MS is looking into the submitted code.
9th March 2012, 02:22 AM   |  #520  
OP Recognized Developer

1,220 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder_

You are right. Look like this is already been tested and failed. http://dennisdel.com/blog/progress-r...esearch-part-2.

Another try will be, let's say, create an XAP with desired function which will be activated only after some specific actions. And pass to MS for certification. If we can get through that, we will have an XAP with correct certificate. Even if it is revoked from the marketplace one day.

Not sure how deep MS is looking into the submitted code.

The automated system looks pretty deep; obviously ID CAP INTEROP is completely blocked, and the interop manifest can't be in the XAP. InteropServices can't be referenced either. It's pretty secure.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
unlock, windowbreak
Previous Thread Next Thread