Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,912 Members 39,983 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

The WindowBreak Project

Tip us?

Jaxbot
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 546

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentycz View Post
I have got Omnia 7 with latest Mango 8107 and I cant break too. It seems to be broken, but it isnt. I can install unsigned apps, but when I disconnect phone from computer, I see no apps, I have recently installed. So I think, for Omnia is it blocked.
That doesn't make sense at all; if you can sideload, even if your device gets relocked, the apps won't be uninstalled. Are they there when your device is still connected to the computer?
That guy from Windows Phone Hacker, 2009-2013. Retired June 2013.
Personal Blog | Twitter | Youtube

addicted2088
Old
Thanks Meter 154

DONATE TO ME
No way this will work on the Omnia W? I'm on the KK7 firmware, and I've heard KK2 and above are not that easily breakable. Damn, left the world of Android to come to WP7, and now I want to unlock! Old habits die hard xD
Writer at SamMobile, Android Beat, and VR-Zone.

Press the Thanks button if my post was helpful.

voluptuary
Old
Thanks Meter 738

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentycz View Post
I have got Omnia 7 with latest Mango 8107 and I cant break too. It seems to be broken, but it isnt. I can install unsigned apps, but when I disconnect phone from computer, I see no apps, I have recently installed. So I think, for Omnia is it blocked.
Are you sure you are deploying to the phone and not the emulator?
My contributions:
Clean ROM for Samsung Focus v1.3, Nokia Lumia 800, and HTC HD2
Samsung Interop Unlock & Internet Sharing All-In-One for Windows Phone
Samsung Custom Theme & Accent Colors for Windows Phone
List of Windows Phone Unlocks by Type/OEM

Allstars that donated: RonV42, dark.angel

CURRENT DEVICES: HTC HD2, Nokia Lumia 800, Nokia N9, Apple iPhone 4, Nokia Lumia 920

Get a FREE 2GB Dropbox account plus we'll get a bonus 500MB!

roqstr
Old
Thanks Meter 28
cmon guys, this isn't a support thread, only post ideas here that could help jaxbot & co, if you want to say thanks: there is a function for it built right into the forum
please send questions via PM, so this topic stays clear.

thanks
developer of

CB+ 1.1
currently abandoned.
maybe resumed if apollo brings more opportunities, sorry guys.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to roqstr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jaxbot
Old
Thanks Meter 546

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by roqstr View Post
cmon guys, this isn't a support thread, only post ideas here that could help jaxbot & co, if you want to say thanks: there is a function for it built right into the forum
please send questions via PM, so this topic stays clear.

thanks
+1
There are other threads for support. This is a development thread. I try to be polite, but you get the point here
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaxbot For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Thunder_
Old
Thanks Meter 63
An unlock idea, has this idea been tried?

Create a proxy server and monitor marketplace activity. Pass all verification steps of marketplace as what a normal proxy server will do. But when server is starting to send the actual XAP file, replace it with our XAP.

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2645
I don't think that would work, sadly. The problem is that the protections aren't in the connection at all - they're in the XAP. Unless we can add the Marketplace DRM singature to a homebrew app, there's no point in sending such a XAP to a non-dev-unlocked phone. Even if the phone installed that app, it would refuse to run it because the app wouldn't be signed.

Mind you, I don't know if anybody has tried to add Marketplace DRM to a XP before. However, if it's implemented at all competently, this will be essentially impossible (specifically, it'll require a private key that we don't have).
Win8/Windows RT projects:
List of desktop apps for hacked RT devices

WP8 projects:
Native Access WebServer and Libraries
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.

Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.

Chipsaru
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Can we use unit-testing to call functions that need interop rights to run?

Thunder_
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDayToDie View Post
I don't think that would work, sadly. The problem is that the protections aren't in the connection at all - they're in the XAP. Unless we can add the Marketplace DRM singature to a homebrew app, there's no point in sending such a XAP to a non-dev-unlocked phone. Even if the phone installed that app, it would refuse to run it because the app wouldn't be signed.

Mind you, I don't know if anybody has tried to add Marketplace DRM to a XP before. However, if it's implemented at all competently, this will be essentially impossible (specifically, it'll require a private key that we don't have).
You are right. Look like this is already been tested and failed. http://dennisdel.com/blog/progress-r...esearch-part-2.

Another try will be, let's say, create an XAP with desired function which will be activated only after some specific actions. And pass to MS for certification. If we can get through that, we will have an XAP with correct certificate. Even if it is revoked from the marketplace one day.

Not sure how deep MS is looking into the submitted code.

Jaxbot
Old
Thanks Meter 546

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder_ View Post
You are right. Look like this is already been tested and failed. http://dennisdel.com/blog/progress-r...esearch-part-2.

Another try will be, let's say, create an XAP with desired function which will be activated only after some specific actions. And pass to MS for certification. If we can get through that, we will have an XAP with correct certificate. Even if it is revoked from the marketplace one day.

Not sure how deep MS is looking into the submitted code.
The automated system looks pretty deep; obviously ID CAP INTEROP is completely blocked, and the interop manifest can't be in the XAP. InteropServices can't be referenced either. It's pretty secure.

Tags
unlock, windowbreak