5,594,805 Members 37,092 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

02/06/2012 DISCONTINUED FOR NOW WCX ILLUMINATI SERIES AT&T Inspire 4G ROM

Tip us?
Wild Child Old
(Last edited by Wild Child; 25th December 2011 at 11:32 PM.)
Thanks Meter
Suggested flashing rules...fully charge battery...flash rom...before rebooting out of cwm...delete battery stats,then let rom load...if battery is not fully charged you will get less battery life....Also if youve flashed any other scripts for voltage etc, it will conflict with what was built into the rom

WC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeepers View Post
Running the 3.0 Sense Based on 3.12.405.1 with EXT4 support and liking it so far although I am experiencing pretty significant battery drain compared to the last ROM I was running. Going to give it another day and another full charge before I make the decision to go back.
I am still running my stock radio (which performs good for me) so not sure if not having a matching RIL may cause the drain?

Thanks.

jpeepers
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Child View Post
Suggested flashing rules...fully charge battery...flash rom...before rebooting out of cwm...delete battery stats,then let rom load...if battery is not fully charged you will get less battery life....Also if youve flashed any other scripts for voltage etc, it will conflict with what was built into the rom

WC
That's pretty much what I did. Nothing extra added. Like I said, going to give it another day to see if it settles in. It's not bad, just not what I have been used to so it seems bad to me.

I was running Cleardroid 1.2.5 before and was getting a unbelievable 2 full days out of a charge. Running the exact same apps and setup with this ROM I am getting a day (maybe a little more) so about half what I was getting previously.
I'm also not so sure that the auto brightness is working as good as it should? seems to be really bright some times but it could be just me?

It may be the RIL/Radio mismatch also but I don't know that much about it.

fernandezhjr
Old
Thanks Meter 409
Quote:
That's pretty much what I did. Nothing extra added. Like I said, going to give it another day to see if it settles in. It's not bad, just not what I have been used to so it seems bad to me.

I was running Cleardroid 1.2.5 before and was getting a unbelievable 2 full days out of a charge. Running the exact same apps and setup with this ROM I am getting a day (maybe a little more) so about half what I was getting previously.
I'm also not so sure that the auto brightness is working as good as it should? seems to be really bright some times but it could be just me?

Coming from ext3 with a stock kernel and sense 2.1 to ext4 with a custom kernel and sense 3.0, battery life is gonna take a hit. No way around that. Now if you are getting severe battery drain while using the phone, then I would wonder about an underlying cause of it. After flashing a few times, I typically experience some of this. A battery calibration always fixes it up. However, it sounds like the biggest part with you is a matter of what you had and what you are getting.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using Tapatalk
Wild Child Old
Thanks Meter
Another thing is this,cleardroid isnt overclocked.....this being said....a full day+ on a overclocked rom is really pretty good actually...if your looking for much better battery life then i suggest the regular 3.0 rom...which is in the first post....

WC

Quote:

DroidRunner
Old
Thanks Meter 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by PakRatt View Post
Did you get thing's sorted out?

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using xda premium
Yeah. But I need to get my recovery back. I WAS going to try out ICS, but I guess I'm on here for a while. Too lazy to install cwm. Ha

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using XDA App
Using whatever phone works.
Wild Child Old
Thanks Meter
oh boy...too lazy to hit three buttons for cwm recovery....lol...stout does a number on ya huh...I sent you instruction of what to do step by step...ya know imma mess with you now about this...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew.cambridge View Post
Yeah. But I need to get my recovery back. I WAS going to try out ICS, but I guess I'm on here for a while. Too lazy to install cwm. Ha

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DroidRunner
Old
Thanks Meter 491
Just wait till I have my Dog Fish Head 120! Going to be ridiculous.

Wild Child Old
Thanks Meter
oh lord...lmaooooo

Quote:
Just wait till I have my Dog Fish Head 120! Going to be ridiculous.

DroidRunner
Old
Thanks Meter 491
I just flashed it using Rom manager. Thanks man. A lot.

Wild Child Old
Thanks Meter
Good man....next time read with one eye....might be clearer after the stout crosses em....lmao

Quote:
I just flashed it using Rom manager. Thanks man. A lot.

Tags
fast, overclocked, stable, stock, wcxseries
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe