Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,490 Members 42,473 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HOW-TO]Get the attention of Barnes & Nobel decision makers

Tip us?

AdamOutler
Old
(Last edited by AdamOutler; 28th December 2011 at 05:24 PM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 9524

DONATE TO ME
Lightbulb [HOW-TO]Get the attention of Barnes & Nobel decision makers

How to sign up on Barnes and Nobel's website
To sign up on the Barnes & Nobel "book club" forum, and report your issues with your device, you can use your Barnes & Nobel Username and Password. You only need to select a name for the forum.

Getting Results
Lets link the topics here. If we want the topics to be highly visible to Barnes and Nobel, we must all "Laurel" (aka thanks) each other's posts. Here are some of my posts:
Keep in mind that this is a "noob" forum. They will look up to you if you are developing. Noobs go to the "book club" to learn how to use their devices. We want to make sure the noobs see that we have more problems than they do with the device as it is. It needs to be opened up.

Official Channels (aka probly wont' work)
Here is another link for forwarding your concerns to higher levels https://nookdeveloper.barnesandnoble...t/support.html

email addresses for expressing your free-thinking concerns.
service@barnesandnoble.com
support@book.com

Using our community to push their community
I will laurel every development/root enabling link in this thread. So post up your Barnes and Nobel forum threads here and we can all laurel each others posts to bring them into the "top laureled posts" on Barnes and Nobel and thereby make them unable to ignore our posts.

Lets send several clear messages.
Flash with Odin on Windows, Linux and Mac. Use JOdin3, Available in a web browser or offline
Check out my developer pages. Add me to your circles on Google Plus.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to AdamOutler For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

HMG10
Old
Thanks Meter 49

DONATE TO ME
Don't forget their NT youtube channel. They had a video about the 1.4.1 update and I had commented there about opening up the device for developers.
The Following User Says Thank You to HMG10 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xdahgary
Old
Thanks Meter 104

DONATE TO ME
B&N won't get it. We need more devs to work on this device. I'm sure with enough eyeballs on this thing we will be able to crack it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xdahgary For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AdamOutler
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 9524

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdahgary View Post
B&N won't get it. We need more devs to work on this device. I'm sure with enough eyeballs on this thing we will be able to crack it.
Attitudes like that are extremely unhelpful. In fact, I take offense to that. Only a handful of members on this site are actually developers and others(like you) take an attitude that development 'just happens'.

Here's some news for you, douchebag, development is tons of work. Its trials and tribulations. Its blood, sweat and tears. Its trial and error. Countless hours of work. And before we can even begin, we need a workaround for the security.

Guess what.. This is it. This is called social engineering. As stated by the most effective social engineer in the world, 'The best way to get a password is to ask for it". Until we have that password, there will be no development.

Now stop bitching about **** you don't know and get in there to do some work. There's those who help and those who hinder. Guess what your post does.

This thread is about one thing. If you don't have anything to contribute, don't be a douchebag.
Flash with Odin on Windows, Linux and Mac. Use JOdin3, Available in a web browser or offline
Check out my developer pages. Add me to your circles on Google Plus.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AdamOutler For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dkb218
Old
Thanks Meter 193
Return the NT. They will get their attention. Mine goes back next week. No to locked bootloader. No to blocked side loading. No to Barnes and Noble. I'll buy my books from Amazon from now on.

Sent from my BNTV250 using xda premium
Galaxy Note 3
Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition
Galaxy Gear 1
Asus Nexus 7 2013
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dkb218 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ronaldmaustin
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I'll be returning my NT as I am within the two week return period unless the bootloader is broken within a matter of days. Otherwise, even if 1.4.1 becomes rootable again I can't check every few days to see if an update is coming and take the time to read all the preventative steps to avoid having to re-root. It is quite a disappointment to have gotten everything working on my NT only to find root broken, some of my apps completely gone and wifi ad hoc not working this morning.
The Following User Says Thank You to ronaldmaustin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

real-6
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I'm certainly not a developer, so I'll help with the means available. Unfortunately, after logging in on the B&N forum, it seems clicking on the laurel doesn't iterate the counter...
Don't know what's wrong, I'm trying over Safari or Chrome
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to real-6 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xdahgary
Old
Thanks Meter 104

DONATE TO ME
You're taking it too personal. I have contributed in every way in the development. I have donated and left comments on your B&N links. But changing a corporation's mindset is very difficult. I hope B&N will change their ways, but I'm not optimistic. I would like more developers taking interest in the nook tablet instead. And I in no means believe development just happens. That is why I buy them beers.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xdahgary For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

raqball
Old
Thanks Meter 330
I fail to see the need to call someone a douchebag because they stated the obvious... B&N does not care, nor will internet posts change their mind..

Returning the device won't really impact them as 97% of users will / can care less about hacking it...

Instead of jumping up and down like caged animals and threatning to return it why not trust in the developers of XDA? I do and I often hit their donate button...

I guess I'm next to get called a douche...

My .02
--Google Nexus 5
--Google Glass XE
--Google Chromebook Pixel
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to raqball For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ckevinwelch
Old
Thanks Meter 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by real-6 View Post
I'm certainly not a developer, so I'll help with the means available. Unfortunately, after logging in on the B&N forum, it seems clicking on the laurel doesn't iterate the counter...
Don't know what's wrong, I'm trying over Safari or Chrome
You have to log in and create a pen name. It's kind of a pain, but I was able to do it.

Thanks Adam for the initiative you are taking on this product. I hope it eventually helps.

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe