Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,845 Members 50,554 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

good google reader app?

Tip us?

brendan10211
Old
Thanks Meter 12
My question was how small it was, compared to some fonts in the reader app.
Nexus 7 32GB
Nook Simple Touch - Rooted

cceerrtt
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan10211 View Post
My question was how small it was, compared to some fonts in the reader app.
Too small, something like 2mm in height. I don't have the reader currently. Are you using newsrob? It's not that difficult and time consuming to install it and check yourself.

brendan10211
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I don't have Internet on my nook most of the time I actually want to do something, sorry.

Also, half the apps don't show up in my market for some reason.

Anyway, next topic.
Nexus 7 32GB
Nook Simple Touch - Rooted

Gogolo2
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I have to write it again, because it is so nice for nst: rssdemon is sleek, highly customizable (groups, fonts etc.) with good preview and functioning page down and up on nst. I have tried several ones, I'll stay with this one.
Greetings

cceerrtt
Old
Thanks Meter 24
I have tried gReader yesterday and it seems it has everything I need - synchronization with google reader, supports hardware buttons for scrolling, simple UI, configurable font size and the ability to send selected articles to instapaper. I think I will stick with this one.

myself11
Old
Thanks Meter 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by desc4d View Post
I have Pulse installed on mine, only that it's an older version of it that I download somewhere. Try some apk's, one for sure will work but the market version won't.
Could you please tell what version of Pulse works or share the .apk? I'm having trouble finding a previous Pulse version.
Nexus 5 - Ipad Air - Kindle PW 2

usb7
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by myself11 View Post
Could you please tell what version of Pulse works or share the .apk? I'm having trouble finding a previous Pulse version.
I'm curious as well!

IceTree
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I tried a couple of Pulse versions. 2.0.1 seems to work and 2.4.3 and up doesn't. 2.0.1 supports importing feeds from Goolge Reader and logging into the Facebook feed but not logging into pulse.me.

keel2
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogolo2 View Post
I have to write it again, because it is so nice for nst: rssdemon is sleek, highly customizable (groups, fonts etc.) with good preview and functioning page down and up on nst. I have tried several ones, I'll stay with this one.
Greetings
I am trying rssdemon, but does not seem to work properly. I cannot use it well in off-line mode, while some of the articles aren't fully downloaded, just ending with three points after some sentences. May I forgotten to set something? Instapaper mobilizer.

By the way, even the "very big" font size is not big enough for me for comfortable reading, and the font color doesn't seem to be really "black" but "dark-gray" (with least contrast on NST).

jerrysue
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I've tried rssdemon. It works very well except text color is not black even with "white/black" theme.
Maybe someone can modify apk file.
Tmobile HD2
WM6.5 + Android (NativeSD miui4.1)
3 years

HTC 8300 -----SAMSUNG I900 -----HD2