ICS Port

13th March 2012, 03:49 AM   |  #121  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 1,924

1,183 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackpotClavin

Got a boot!!! First try!! It's actually very smooth from what I can see. It's the barebones as in I didn't try for anything to work except for booting so I can see what's up with the hardware :) gonna need help with the boot.img as the boot.img is ripped straight off from the CM7 built by XDA user ambrice (thanks for your code too, ambrice!!)

A booting build is around 80% of the work, now it's just tinkering and whatnot

http://i.imgur.com/NSere.jpg

Awesome, congratulations!

Can you post a link to your github, or perhaps a tarball of your device/samsung and vendor/samsung trees? I'd love to use this to bringup my 4.0.

And we really need to get a team together. I'm certain that we can get all four device flavors covered by a single source tree, and maybe even a single ROM binary with four different kernels.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tdm For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th March 2012, 04:09 AM   |  #122  
Recognized Developer
New York
Thanks Meter: 2,651

871 posts
Donate to Me
I'll do it now. There's a few things I had to do after the fact regarding the updater script and adding a few files to the zip from the cm7 build like the ext4 scripts and things of that nature

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JackpotClavin For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th March 2012, 04:31 AM   |  #123  
Flag Seattle

1,183 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackpotClavin

I'll do it now. There's a few things I had to do after the fact regarding the updater script and adding a few files to the zip from the cm7 build like the ext4 scripts and things of that nature

Thanks. I can handle the scripts easily enough. What I really need is your BoardConfig.mk and proprietary libs (especially the GL stuff).
The Following User Says Thank You to tdm For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th March 2012, 04:58 AM   |  #124  
Recognized Developer
New York

871 posts
Donate to Me
I gotta hold off on the git upload. Something got screwed up and we can't dexopt the dalvik cache for some reason. I'll look into it tomorrow but I have a midterm tomorrow so I gotta catch some shut eye

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JackpotClavin For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th March 2012, 05:32 AM   |  #125  
Flag Seattle

1,183 posts
More
Okay I created gmail and github accounts for the project.

It seems that many of the Samsung code names are related to Italian architecture. Most of the names of Italian architects are taken in gmail, of course, as they are real names. But I found one that works on both gmail and github. Once we get some basics together, I'll publish the account name and we can start cranking out some ROMs.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tdm For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th March 2012, 12:57 PM   |  #126  
Flag Nanjing
Thanks Meter: 53

100 posts
More
Good job!!! There are too many good news these days~~ I can't be more excited!

I have INTL SGP 5.0 so I can help testing this rom, and I also interested in this project.~

I also want to get the device tree because i want to build ICS based on the original ICS not CM9

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

Please let me join your project on github~
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to noisyfox For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th March 2012, 05:19 PM   |  #127  
Flag Seattle

1,183 posts
More
Added some gingerbread compatibility definitions to my BoardConfig.mk. Still using the i9000 version of libsensorservice.so.

Now the system starts up and the screen is working. But the touchscreen is not working yet.
13th March 2012, 06:31 PM   |  #128  
Flag Seattle

1,183 posts
More
Got the touchscreen working but it thinks there's a pointer or something. There is a blue circle that drags around with my finger, and I can't scroll because it thinks I'm moving a mouse.
13th March 2012, 07:57 PM   |  #129  
Recognized Developer
New York

871 posts
Donate to Me
Here's my source
https://github.com/JackpotClavin/Sam...0-U.S.-CM9-ICS

It should build right off the bat, but you have to make some changes to the zip that gets generated. I put instructions in the device directory under zipstuff you will find a readme which tells you which four files need to be copied to the root of the zip (should be the cm7 boot.img, make_ext4fs, updater.sh, and busybox). There's also a update script that I just extracted from my latest zip where everything works; you could just copy that into there and flashing should work :)

THIS IS FOR THE US VERSION ONLY!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JackpotClavin For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th March 2012, 08:07 PM   |  #130  
Flag Seattle

1,183 posts
More
Thanks, I'll check it out in a bit. Currently wrestling with why EventHub thinks the qt602240 device is a mouse/cursor, touchscreen, and keyboard at the same time. Not sure if it's the kernel driver or EventHub that's at fault.

Code:
I/EventHub(  148): New device: id=1, fd=106, path='/dev/input/event7', name='qt602240_ts_input', classes=0x15, configuration='', keyLayout='/system/usr/keylayout/Generic.kl', keyCharacterMap='/system/usr/keychars/Generic.kcm', builtinKeyboard=false
Note in EventHub.h:

Code:
EventHub.h:    INPUT_DEVICE_CLASS_KEYBOARD      = 0x00000001,
EventHub.h:    INPUT_DEVICE_CLASS_ALPHAKEY      = 0x00000002,
EventHub.h:    INPUT_DEVICE_CLASS_TOUCH         = 0x00000004,
EventHub.h:    INPUT_DEVICE_CLASS_CURSOR        = 0x00000008,
EventHub.h:    INPUT_DEVICE_CLASS_TOUCH_MT      = 0x00000010,
EventHub.h:    INPUT_DEVICE_CLASS_DPAD          = 0x00000020,
EventHub.h:    INPUT_DEVICE_CLASS_GAMEPAD       = 0x00000040,
EventHub.h:    INPUT_DEVICE_CLASS_SWITCH        = 0x00000080,
EventHub.h:    INPUT_DEVICE_CLASS_JOYSTICK      = 0x00000100,
EventHub.h:    INPUT_DEVICE_CLASS_EXTERNAL      = 0x80000000,
For comparison purposes, my LG VM670 phone says this:

Code:
I/EventHub( 1567): New device: id=6, fd=114, path='/dev/input/event1', name='touch_mcs6000', classes=0x14, configuration='/system/usr/idc/touch_mcs6000.idc', keyLayout='', keyCharacterMap='', builtinKeyboard=false

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread