Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,743 Members 43,935 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][04/26/12] Virtuous Inquisition v4.0.2 :: AOSP-Experience Senseless ICS (4.0.3)

Tip us?

StuartTheFish
Old
Thanks Meter 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by remizik View Post
You want another bug ?
check this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqfE9bxbqgA

I have a blinking led, should mean a notification right ?
but there's nothing. And it only disappear after I grab the notification bar.
Troll phone.

edit : and yes I come from a clean install
Not seen that before, odd! Don't have an answer for that one I'm afraid. Is it after getting a text or email and the light just didn't turn off? Or is it just randomly doing it for no reason?

remizik
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartTheFish View Post
Not seen that before, odd! Don't have an answer for that one I'm afraid. Is it after getting a text or email and the light just didn't turn off? Or is it just randomly doing it for no reason?
if this it's after some notification.

but it's quite anoying
"oh I have a mail ... oh"

device : Samsung Galaxy S3 (I-9300 Int)
rom : Last (or so) official CM11 Nightly
kernel : stock

Sgt.Incontro
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipwell View Post
Downloaded this from but auto screen brightness doesn't seem to work.

Any ideas?
What do you mean it does not work?

It does not work at all?

Please explain more, so I can try to help you.

Try covering the light sensor on the top left hand of your phone, and see if the screen dims at all. If it doesn't then, you should probably re-flash the kernel. Did you wipe before flashing VI? Wiping is pretty much a mandatory step, it has solved many issues for many users.

Try re-flashing the kernel first, and then if this does not work, wipe everything, and start from scratch.

Auto-brightness does work well enough in this ROM even though it is not perfect. However, a known issue is when playing video, the on-screen brightness changes according to the video content rather than the light sensor / static brightness level. (This MAY be fixed in the next release, although don't quote me on it.)
FREE 22GB Cloud Storage right here. Excellent UI, Android App, as good as Dropbox!

iverson3-1
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeeish View Post
Stock kernel as per changelog is v1.30.2 (SebastianFM).
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/64017594/HTC...ebastianFM.zip
Thanks. Appreciate it.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA
https://copy.com?r=KEqMeQ <<<<<< Click this link for 20GB of free storage

socali
Old
(Last edited by socali; 22nd April 2012 at 08:07 PM.)
Thanks Meter 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by iverson3-1 View Post
I don't know which one came with this rom. Also as I said even with the stock kernel like I said I still didn't get buttery smooth scrolling it was just way better than it is now. Also this has to be a bigger problem since I have never had buttery smooth home screen scrolling on my sensation no matter what rom I have used. I want to fix the root problem since other people say they don't have this issue with there phone. Also this is my third sensation to have this issue so I don't think its the phone. I have used stock aosp roms and sense 4 roms and even cm7 and it was the same issue. If wallpaper scrolling is enabled I will either get major lag or maybe just a little lag but never consistent buttery smooth scrolling. I can't find anybody that can help me fix this issue permanently or even anybody else that has the same issue as consistent as I due that's what's frustrating and makes me hate my phone.
Since it's the same problem no matter what rom and kernel you're using, I think you need to check these:
How many home screens do you have?
How many icons and widgets do you have on them?
How big is the wallpaper you're using?

Try using different wallpaper, remove widgets, decrease number of screens.. I'm pretty sure one of those will do the trick.

---
Quote:
Originally Posted by Termic View Post
Hey Socali,

I was flashing your ultimate quad lock v35, and I'm noticing that if you select this path:

\ultimate-quadlock-v35-vi401-socali.zip\lock-yes\vol-no-notify-yes\mms-aosp The notification pull-down is still disabled even though it shouldn't be based on the options selected.

I went ahead and flashed \ultimate-quadlock-v35-vi401-socali.zip\lock-yes\vol-yes-notify-yes\mms-aosp instead and there's no issue anymore.

Just wanted to give you a heads-up! Keep up the good work, you keep this ROM running smooth for me.
Interesting catch! I will fix it soon.

---
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr0zenblood75 View Post
Hey socali would the script to fix freezing also work when using other kernels? Or is it just ROM modifications?

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G with Beats Audio using xda premium
The script is removing rom related scripts, will work with all kernels.

---
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagman68 View Post
EDIT: http://pastebin.com/KAAYWdHK
com.android.phone FC
Thank you! This is very helpful, since I never got this issue.
I will try to post a fix soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to socali For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hipwell
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt.Incontro View Post
What do you mean it does not work?

It does not work at all?

Please explain more, so I can try to help you.

Try covering the light sensor on the top left hand of your phone, and see if the screen dims at all. If it doesn't then, you should probably re-flash the kernel. Did you wipe before flashing VI? Wiping is pretty much a mandatory step, it has solved many issues for many users.

Try re-flashing the kernel first, and then if this does not work, wipe everything, and start from scratch.

Auto-brightness does work well enough in this ROM even though it is not perfect. However, a known issue is when playing video, the on-screen brightness changes according to the video content rather than the light sensor / static brightness level. (This MAY be fixed in the next release, although don't quote me on it.)
Thanks for your reply dude. I didn't see it. I reflashed the rom and kernel and all is good now.

By not work, I meant it would be stuck on full brightness when set to auto weather the sensor was covered or not.

I've found another bug with the launcher. For some reason every now and again my 5 quick access apps at the bottom keep dissapearing, reloading nova sorts it though.

Sinistah_
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Anyone else having problems with this rom and chainfire 3d

fr0zenblood75
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Weird issue with quad lock. Both camera and phone open the camera and both mms and unlock, unlock :/

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda premium

HunnyBearLewis
Old
Thanks Meter 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipwell View Post
I've found another bug with the launcher. For some reason every now and again my 5 quick access apps at the bottom keep dissapearing, reloading nova sorts it though.
Are you sure you aren't just swiping to a different "quick access" (dock) panel? By default it has 3 pages of dock. The ones to the left and right are just blank til you add apps.
Phone: Nexus 5
ROM: Carbon Rom
Kernel: Stock

socali
Old
Thanks Meter 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr0zenblood75 View Post
Weird issue with quad lock. Both camera and phone open the camera and both mms and unlock, unlock :/

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda premium
I think you flashed the Service Pack after the Quad Lock.. Reflashing the quad lock should fix it.

---
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunnyBearLewis View Post
Are you sure you aren't just swiping to a different "quick access" (dock) panel? By default it has 3 pages of dock. The ones to the left and right are just blank til you add apps.
You can also prevent this from happening by going to Nova settings -> Dock -> Dock pages -> 1

The Following User Says Thank You to socali For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
4.0.3, best rom, ics, inquisition, sensation, senseless, virtuous