Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,085 Members 43,968 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][04/26/12] Virtuous Inquisition v4.0.2 :: AOSP-Experience Senseless ICS (4.0.3)

Tip us?

banesi
Old
(Last edited by banesi; 26th December 2011 at 11:07 AM.) Reason: Uploaded screenshot.
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmk40 View Post

Despite being a subjective assessment of performance, I can say I was doing dual core testing with 1.3.0 and a fresh wipe. Forcing CPU1 is a bad idea. I'm actually going to remove the daemon from the ROM the next release.
Thanks for this, just let anyone who want's to mess with their CPU's whatever they want

On a side note, there seems to be some theming problems with shinzon latest AOSP theme.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

dd66
Old
Thanks Meter 32
thanks for this rom, got no issue so far!
The only thing I noticed is that the camera won't launch from the lockscreen. Any fix?
Tha,ks

EricDET
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Rmk is right about the media scanner it runs hard in the logcat for the better part of 15-20 minutes on my phone. As to the lag of the lockscreen... I do not experience this whatsoever. I in fact couldn't imagine the phone opening any faster.. lol. I've not applied any cpu tweaks at all. Also if you check the show cpu usage in the dev options it clearly shows both cores plugging away as soon as you enter any kind of intensive activity. The Rom is super smooth once the media scanner and google accounts sync.

WebMatze
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Hello,

first of all, thank you for that fantastic rom.

It's fast, clean and stable.

I only get one issue, i used to use Google car Home, tha app itself works fine, but when i plug the phone on my car holder, the app doesnt start automitically...

Is it a known bug ? Is there a workaround ?

shnizlon
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 13022

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by banesi View Post
Thanks for this, just let anyone who want's to mess with their CPU's whatever they want

On a side note, there seems to be some theming problems with shinzon latest AOSP theme.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Problem fixed. Thanks for letting me know about it

http://www.mediafire.com/?zezlb81ba1o2qcz
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	shot_Dec_26_2011_0.jpg
Views:	404
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	830035  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shnizlon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dai323
Old
(Last edited by Dai323; 26th December 2011 at 02:43 PM.)
Thanks Meter 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyrical1278 View Post
Ok, so to repost something I said in another thread, here is something to help you guys with the smoothness of this rom. I'm basically adding my method of installing this ROM (vs 1.3) coming from vs 1.2

On vs 1.2 I did the following:

I had already done the apn tweak to get mms working on Tmo. So I used apn backup to back up that apn.

Then I used SMS Backup to back up my sms.

Then I used titanium backup (you can also use system tuner ) to back up my apps WITH data (I always go with data and for the few apps that force close, a reboot into recovery with a cache wipe usually works for me)

Then go forward and reboot into recovery to flash the rom. I use SUPERWIPE from the ARHD thread to do the wipe.

The next is my personal set up. Yours may vary, but this works best for me. Hope some of it helps you.

I flash this ROM. Reboot into recovery once the flash is done. Then I flash v8 AOSP theme. Then I flash Nova Launcher and finally the ICS sound effects. Reboot into ROM. Do my set up then open up Titanium after I have installed the pro key (yes I paid, support the devs of your fave apps by buying their paid versions). Install all apps with data.

Restore my APN as well as my texts messages.

Next, I go into my build.prop and add the following into it (you can also use ROM Toolbox to do this, makes it ALOT easier honestly)

Force Launcher Into Memory (alot of Sense is removed, we got the RAM room)

ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1

Increase VM Heapsize (I set this to 64m actually)

dalvik.vm.heapsize=48m

Render UI with GPU (you just don't know how much smoother everything is until you see it run smoother with this tweak)

debug.sf.hw=1

Scrolling Responsiveness (still some stutter with scrolling, but much more tolerable after this)

windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=150

Increase Overall Touch Responsiveness

debug.performance.tuning=1
video.accelerate.hw=1

After having done this, I go back into System Tuner and do the following:

Go into CPU settings, set the governor to interactive, tap boot settings. I disable the OC Deamon, click "Force CPU1 Online" (basically telling it to run both cores). To offset some of the battery hit, I go to Screen Off Behavior, select On Demand governor with a max CPU speed of 540mhz. I leave the in call settings as is because I tend to do other things like look up information while in a call.

Set all the tweaks (such as sd card tweak, CPU settings, and Force ALL CPU Online) to run at boot completed. (as of 1.3, I now have them set as init.d script)

Reboot and I am done.

I am running smooth as butter, good battery life, and I have no complaints. Also remember, System Tuner is going to have force all cpu online greyed out. You need the paid version to get that option.

Hope this or some of it (in particular the build.prop tweaks) help because the tweaks along with forcing both cores online in the init.d help make ICS on the Senny one of the smoothest experiences to date.
Awesome guide man! Should be a stickie :) I did all the changes you suggested and my experience is much smoother. Thanks for this.

Quick question about Nova Launcher. Are we able to somehow have the 3 widgets/buttons on the bottom of the screen like the Galaxy Nexus? I've installed as a system file and I thought this was possible.

Also, how can I install ics sound effects? Do you have a flahable zip?

Sent from my HTC Sensation using XDA App

ManCityFC
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManCityFC View Post
It connects OK (can be hit and miss) and works as a headset. Can't seem to get A2DP audio or even contact access to work (prompting for permission to access PBAP but even though allowed, contacts are not sync'ing).

There can't be much wrong though as tethering seems to work.

If you can fix this, I will have your children.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk
Hi Dev, this ROM is superb, but did you get a chance to look at this?

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk

Fast-Droid
Old
Thanks Meter 150
Coming from Hypersensation i have to say this Rom is really impressive...Im real picky...Clean,fast,stable...luv it...Thank you

NEXUS-S i9020t...

GALAXY NEXUS i9250m...

NEXUS-5 D820...
LLLeeo Old
Thanks Meter
Hi guys,
what I discovered is that you are not able to tether with this rom over WiFi. I wasn't able to change the SSID and the key of the WiFi hotspot. It said HTC Portable Hotspot and was secured with WPA/WPA2 pre-shared key. In my device settings it showed hotspot "null" enabled.

jmcdonald58
Old
Thanks Meter 307
Default 1 day

I have ran this 1 day solid now and I will say its really nice and I have very few issues at all haven't really had time to mess with it much I did use the MMS apn posted earlier to get them to come through, good work battery is good appreciate the updates and support provided
Devices
MotoX DE XT1053
Rooted Stock/Xposed
Nexus 5
Rooted Stock/Xposed
Rogers Droid Razr XT925
Rooted/Stock/Xposed
Nexus 7 2012
Rooted Stock w Xposed
Asus Eee pad Transformer
KatKiss 4.4.2

Tags