Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,870 Members 50,782 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Simple Mobile APN help with Focus

Tip us?

samguwang
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Simple Mobile APN help with Focus

So I ported over my number from AT&T to Simplemobile for the 40 dollar monthly unlimited everything plan. I have everything working except data. I keep trying to change the APN but it's not working. Does anybody know exactly what settings I need to get data to work on the Samsung Focus? My phone is unlocked by the way. Thanks!

EnderPsp
Old
Thanks Meter 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by samguwang View Post
So I ported over my number from AT&T to Simplemobile for the 40 dollar monthly unlimited everything plan. I have everything working except data. I keep trying to change the APN but it's not working. Does anybody know exactly what settings I need to get data to work on the Samsung Focus? My phone is unlocked by the way. Thanks!
What exactly have you tried so far?

samguwang
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for the reply! Well I've tried using the Samsung Network Profile app, tried changing the APN by naming the APN "simple." I've also tried using the names simplemobile, Simple Mobile, but anyways its not working. Supposedly simple is supposed to work for the HD7, but it's not working for the focus

EnderPsp
Old
Thanks Meter 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by samguwang View Post
Thanks for the reply! Well I've tried using the Samsung Network Profile app, tried changing the APN by naming the APN "simple." I've also tried using the names simplemobile, Simple Mobile, but anyways its not working. Supposedly simple is supposed to work for the HD7, but it's not working for the focus
I wonder...
Do this: delete all APN you have manually entered.
Change the radio to World instead of North America in Settings/Applications/radio
Then, switch the profile to AT&T from Network profile, reset, then switch back to Simplemobile and reset again.

I hope this does the trick, if it doesn't you would need specific information from Simplemobile...

baritono
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Type simple in both username and password. I figured it out by chance.

samguwang
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for the help, can you tell me exactly how you have your focus setup? I'm trying what you said and it isn't working. Do you have the samsung network app installed?

amit dutt
Old
Thanks Meter 0
goto the APN settings..
under APN name use value " WWW" thats it.. save it.. restart the phone (if required).

baritono
Old
Thanks Meter 0
So mine stopped working as well. I have an old Tmobile Dash and it works through that. I do have the Network profile installed as well as the Samsung tools. My focus is totally unlocked, but right now it makes no difference.

baritono
Old
Thanks Meter 0
So, I deleted the APN and started from scratch. Network settings installed as well as Samsung tools with the 3G marker checked. Even though the 3G cannot work on Tmobile, when I enabled it and then typed in simple for APN, it works.
Hope this helps.

bigeyedphish
Old
(Last edited by bigeyedphish; 1st January 2012 at 09:50 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Default Please Help

Hey can you guys please explain how you got the data and MMS to work on your simple mobile unlocked Focus. I have the Network profile App, but cant find the Samsung tools app on the market place.
Also, what goes into the APN settings (Proxy server, username, etc)
Any help would be greatly appreciated!