APKTool Updated with Android Lollipop Support

One of the beauties of Android is the level of flexibility we have over our devices. Whether … more

Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Simple Mobile APN help with Focus

OP samguwang

24th December 2011, 03:55 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
So I ported over my number from AT&T to Simplemobile for the 40 dollar monthly unlimited everything plan. I have everything working except data. I keep trying to change the APN but it's not working. Does anybody know exactly what settings I need to get data to work on the Samsung Focus? My phone is unlocked by the way. Thanks!
24th December 2011, 04:06 PM   |  #2  
Lost in Europe :)
Thanks Meter: 223

1,078 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by samguwang

So I ported over my number from AT&T to Simplemobile for the 40 dollar monthly unlimited everything plan. I have everything working except data. I keep trying to change the APN but it's not working. Does anybody know exactly what settings I need to get data to work on the Samsung Focus? My phone is unlocked by the way. Thanks!

What exactly have you tried so far?
24th December 2011, 07:41 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Thanks for the reply! Well I've tried using the Samsung Network Profile app, tried changing the APN by naming the APN "simple." I've also tried using the names simplemobile, Simple Mobile, but anyways its not working. Supposedly simple is supposed to work for the HD7, but it's not working for the focus
24th December 2011, 09:13 PM   |  #4  
Lost in Europe :)
Thanks Meter: 223

1,078 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by samguwang

Thanks for the reply! Well I've tried using the Samsung Network Profile app, tried changing the APN by naming the APN "simple." I've also tried using the names simplemobile, Simple Mobile, but anyways its not working. Supposedly simple is supposed to work for the HD7, but it's not working for the focus

I wonder...
Do this: delete all APN you have manually entered.
Change the radio to World instead of North America in Settings/Applications/radio
Then, switch the profile to AT&T from Network profile, reset, then switch back to Simplemobile and reset again.

I hope this does the trick, if it doesn't you would need specific information from Simplemobile...
24th December 2011, 09:22 PM   |  #5  

10 posts
Type simple in both username and password. I figured it out by chance.
26th December 2011, 12:24 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Thanks for the help, can you tell me exactly how you have your focus setup? I'm trying what you said and it isn't working. Do you have the samsung network app installed?
26th December 2011, 01:28 PM   |  #7  

1 posts
goto the APN settings..
under APN name use value " WWW" thats it.. save it.. restart the phone (if required).
27th December 2011, 04:52 PM   |  #8  

10 posts
So mine stopped working as well. I have an old Tmobile Dash and it works through that. I do have the Network profile installed as well as the Samsung tools. My focus is totally unlocked, but right now it makes no difference.
28th December 2011, 05:02 AM   |  #9  

10 posts
So, I deleted the APN and started from scratch. Network settings installed as well as Samsung tools with the 3G marker checked. Even though the 3G cannot work on Tmobile, when I enabled it and then typed in simple for APN, it works.
Hope this helps.
1st January 2012, 10:42 PM   |  #10  

2 posts
Please Help
Hey can you guys please explain how you got the data and MMS to work on your simple mobile unlocked Focus. I have the Network profile App, but cant find the Samsung tools app on the market place.
Also, what goes into the APN settings (Proxy server, username, etc)
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Last edited by bigeyedphish; 1st January 2012 at 10:50 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread