Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,924 Members 45,135 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD]Dual-Boot Roms[New ROM Added][OxygenRC3, PCF v5, more coming after weekend...]

Tip us?

Sadronis
Old
(Last edited by Sadronis; 13th May 2012 at 08:57 PM.) Reason: Screenshots added, Links added, Title edited
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Default [MOD]Dual-Boot Roms[New ROM Added][OxygenRC3, PCF v5, more coming after weekend...]

Hi, I'm making a dualboot mod for our poor GT540 So we can change ROM with one click.

Now I'm able to boot from second os from sdcard. Now i have to optimize some things(e.g. installing rom from zip, installing update zips from recovery, ...)

Installing;
1) Creating Partitions;
Open up a partition manager then delete all of your partitions then create new 3. First partition will be fat for sdcard data music, picture etc. Second will be ext2 and will be used for /data partition and third one is for /system partition.
Video tutorial:

2) Download ROM from below(more roms will be added soon!) and place it in your sdcard.

3) Install it like usual rom installing...

ROMS:
Utopia v1:http://d-h.st/bw2
SDSL v2:http://d-h.st/XjS

Wupload deleted the other roms I'll try to upload all of them...

ZIPs:
Gapps:http://d-h.st/HKV
LG_Ime_Keyboard:http://www.wupload.com/file/2629890007/lg_imedual.zip

Credits:
Thank you nutterbg!(For giving me the idea of mounting.)
Thank you Pcfighter!(For making that great rom!)
Thank you Mikegapinski!
Thank you DevSwift!
Thank you Miroslav!

P.S:I think second OS is booting faster but im not sure. I will test it later.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Sadronis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nutterbg
Old
Thanks Meter 56
It would seem it fails to provide a shell. Maybe searches for it in the new location, and it's not there? Make sure it's accessible in both places. Otherwise maybe try to mount system so it can use the shell, and then try to remount the new one from sdcard. I don't know...
Platform: Sony Ericsson MT15i Xperia Neo | Android 4.4.2 LXP
File Hosting: copy.com - 15GB space to begin with!! See here!(Referral link, and it gets you and me +5GB!)
The Following User Says Thank You to nutterbg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sadronis
Old
(Last edited by Sadronis; 24th December 2011 at 12:49 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
I moved my all system files to the new partition so there is /system/bin/sh. I'm gonna try the mount the original then the sdcard one now.

Edit:

I did and now i get "- exec '/system/bin/sh' failed: I/O error (5) -" what should cause to this?

Edit 2:

Now i can get shell. But not going then. I have to work out...
The Following User Says Thank You to Sadronis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sadronis
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Ok i made it Now i can boot as normal. I can use it normal. But installing script must be changed. When installing a rom with recovery you must change a line. So this is not ready to use
The Following User Says Thank You to Sadronis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TMinh
Old
Thanks Meter 224
If Windows mobile can dualboot android using Haret, I believe Android can do something similiar Keep up the good work guy
Phone history
BlackBerry Pearl 8100 > HTC Excalibur > HTC Touch Dual > iPhone 2G > LG Optimus GT540 > Amazone Kindle Fire > LG Optimus Black > Nokia Lumia 720 > iPhone 4 > Sony Xperia S LT26i > iPhone 4S > HTC One M7 (ARHD 81.0/ElementalX)

PtBmR
Old
Thanks Meter 1
This looks great man, but this will be able to make a dual boot with a windows rom?
PtBmR

nutterbg
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by PtBmR View Post
This looks great man, but this will be able to make a dual boot with a windows rom?
You seriously want Windows on our amazing smartphones? Oh, God forbid! :P
Platform: Sony Ericsson MT15i Xperia Neo | Android 4.4.2 LXP
File Hosting: copy.com - 15GB space to begin with!! See here!(Referral link, and it gets you and me +5GB!)

darko94
Old
Thanks Meter 94
Really cool work Lotus! Keep it up!
BTW Does the phone feel slugish and laggy when using /data monuted on sd card or its normal?
Devices:
Nexus S GT-i9023 | Trying out new ROMs
LG GT540 Optimus | AOSP 2.3.7 by miroslav_mm

If I helped somehow please don't forget to hit THANKS!

Sadronis
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
@tminh, @ptbmr Now it only support android if someone make a kernel, system for winmo i will support too

@darko94 No its not laggy and i guess it boots faster with sdcard partitions but im not sure i have to try with same apps same things...

bataya
Old
Thanks Meter 297
Sound cool, can not wait to you relise this mod. :)

Sent using Tt.