Rooting is like a main gateway which will unlock all you android's hidden abilities , it gives the user full control over your phone .Linux Super User = Android Root . Rooting is made as easy as possible , thanks to developers at XDA .
1. Rooting 4.1.b.0.431 , 4.1.B.0.587 Firmware
[Thanks to MADFYSH
Download .ftf file according to your location
i = international
MT11i 4.1.B.0.431 RU, CDF-1254-9477_R1I
MT11i 4.1.B.0.431 Iberia, CDF-1254-6304_R1I
MT11i 4.1.B.0.431 Central Europe 1, CDF-1254-9708
MT11i 4.1.B.0.431 India CDF-1254-8478, SI-1254-8966
MT11i 4.1.B.0.431 NCB Nordic, CDF-1255-1755, SI-1254-9263
MT15 4.1.B.0.431 NCB, Nordic, CDF-1247-0875 -- [ALT LINK 1]
MT11i 4.1.B.0.431 Central Europe 3, CDF-1255-1494, SI-1254-3429 -- [ALT LINK 1] -- [ALT LINK 2]
MT11a 4.1.B.0.431 US, CDF-1254-9468
i = international
MT11i 4.1.B.0.587 NCB, Nordic, CDF-1255-1755, SI-1254-9263
MT11i 4.1.B.0.587 India CDF-1254-8478, SI-1254-8966
MT11i 4.1.B.0.587 Central Europe 1, CDF-1254-9708
MT15i 4.1.B.0.587 NCB, Nordic, CDF-1247-0875 -- [ALT LINK 1]
MT11a 4.1.B.0.587 US, CDF-1254-9468
Download Flashtool from this thread -- [ALT LINK 1]
(For unlocked Bootloaders
RootXperia.zip or SU method
This is an one click PC app for easy rooting created by Bin4ry .
1. follow the instructions of this thread
& install CWM recovery(there are two methods ,since you dont have root follow the first method i.e direct pc install)
& place it in your SDCard
3. switch off your device & power it on & when you see the sony ericsson logo start pressing the volume download button repeatedly untill you see recovery options
3. select the install zip from sd card option and select the RootXperia.zip
4. after flashing the zip is completed reboot device & voila rooted !!!
(For locked Bootloaders
Go to these threads , instructions are provided by madfysh ,thank him
Bootloaders are used to boot operating system on our device . Usually our phone's bootloader will be locked by Sony Ericsson during its production itself . Almost every custom rom we install has its own KERNEL which is responsible for overclocking the cpu & other stuff.To install custom roms which contains custom kernels we need UNLOCKED BOOTLOADERS .
Unlocking via Sony's Official website
Sony has provided a website where we get an unlock code for each IMEI no. type in that code and your bootloader will get unlocked officially . This is the easiest unlocking method possible . Wait there's more , official unlocking method does more bad than good , like
1. will void warranty
2. Will loose DRM & track Id related stuff
3. No official phone updates via SEUS/PCC or OTA
If you don't care about them please go ahead and click this LINK
and follow on-screen instructions on that site
TO relock use this LINK
There is an alternative way to avoid the above mentioned limitations , it is called SEtool
Unofficial Unlocking (S1tool)
This method overcomes all the three limitations , but you will need to do a little work manually , this method introduces us to a new word called TESTPOINT(Of all those 8 golden points , only the point which is indicated by the arrow is the TESTPOINT) .For NEO V testpoint is located deep within a slot covered by a black patch which is above our SIMCARD slot (see this picture and remove the black covering) .
It is used for function-test during production. & we are going to ground that testpoint using a simple wire .instead of that pin you can use any conducting material (wire , safety pin , paper clip , but make sure its diameter is not more than that of the testpoint else it will touch other points and might brick your phone)
Ground : ground is refereed as the negative battery pin of the phone
1. download & extract SEtool from this thread
, if not available [LINK 2]
, [LINK 3]
, [Thanks to Madfysh & Wurstwa55er]
2. Connect test point to the ground and attach USB cable. Wait while Windows shows finding new device, disconnect test point immediately. Windows won't find appropriate drivers. select drivers manually from the archive of SEtool. Agree to install 'untrusted' drivers.
3. Reboot your PC
4. Run s1tool, press 'Patch semcboot' and follow tho on-screen instruction.
: ONLY THE RESTORE BUTTON PRESENT IN S1TOOL WILL RELOCK YOUR BOOTLOADER , other procedures will not work.Connecting TP to ground while using RESTORE button is not necessary.
EXTRA info : (thanks to DooMLord)
[QUOTE]ClockWorkMod Recovery also known as CWM ,is a Custom recovery for android devices which is very useful for
1. Installing custom roms ,kernels,patches , flashable zips.
2. Backup & restoring your rom
3. Wiping system , cache & other partitions
4. Mounting sd-card & other partitions
5. & more
1. Enable USB Debugging on device
2. Connect your device using usb data cable
3. download and extract CWM install.RAR
4. Download ADB Drivers
ADB drivers & install them & Run install-cwm1.cmd
5. Follow on screen instruction
Switch off your phone , press the power button and keep pressing the volume down button when you see Sony Ericsson for the first time until you see CWM(not the logo/boot animation , the SONY ERICSSON screen which appears first) task COMPLETE
[QUOTE]Nandroid backup is a backup/restore option available in your CWM . Backup you current SE rom for saftey , select backup option and let it do its work . The backuped files will be in ClockWorkMOD folder of your SD card , keep a backup of this backup in your PC in case when anything goes wrong this backup will save you
this total information has been taken from several threads thanks to the following who made it possible
DooMLord , puppet13th ,nobodyAtall , illus4 , Qwerty123 \m/