FORUMS

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 26 – May 2)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Great Camera Hardware, or Software?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on phone cameras. Come with your opinions and feel … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 25 – May 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Lollipop Xposed Framework Alpha 4 Released

Good news to all Xposed Framework fans. XDA Senior Recognized … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Modified PIT file for UCMD8 / SuperNexus 4

4th May 2014, 11:52 AM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hi,
about a month ago I have hard bricked my SGH-I777 trying to transfer the second version of a modified PIT file edited by me using PitMagic to increase the data application partition. After a month, I finally got back my phone saved using a Riff Jtag. I have mounted the original SGH-I777_ATT_I777UCMD8_I777ATTMD8 released by AT&T, but I really need to increase the data application partition so I would try again and then install the SuperNexus 4.0 Rom. Anyone could give me a tested PIT file for my I777? I'm from Italy and find help for this model is really hard.
Thanks.
Last edited by maddogselect; 4th May 2014 at 01:11 PM.
 
 
4th May 2014, 05:55 PM |#2  
cyril279's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,656
 
More
Considering that so many i777 users have gotten by succesfully using the stock partition setup, I'm very curious to know why you "really need to increase the data application partition". Are you really beyong 2gb worth of apk's? Is there some other reason?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddogselect

Hi,
about a month ago I have hard bricked my SGH-I777 trying to transfer the second version of a modified PIT file edited by me using PitMagic to increase the data application partition. After a month, I finally got back my phone saved using a Riff Jtag. I have mounted the original SGH-I777_ATT_I777UCMD8_I777ATTMD8 released by AT&T, but I really need to increase the data application partition so I would try again and then install the SuperNexus 4.0 Rom. Anyone could give me a tested PIT file for my I777? I'm from Italy and find help for this model is really hard.
Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to cyril279 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th May 2014, 08:44 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
No, I have got no other reason, considering that I don't use the phone to play with games or stuff like that but just for work. The problem is that although I'm not the kind of person that installs tons of useless apps, a few time ago my phone was unable to download any kind of update or minor app because there wasn't enough storage space available. I can't buy a new phone every month, I have got a 16gb S2 with an external 32gb sd card and i want to use it at the best, and don't be constraind to make a backup every month because Samsung had wrongly thought that 2gb would been sufficient. That's the first reason for wich professionists prefer to buy an I-phone, I prefer to correct a silly evaluation error. I hope you will agree with me and you could help me, I'm not a cheater, I have got only an american phone living in Italy so if I make a mistake I can't take the phone to the customer service. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyril279

Considering that so many i777 users have gotten by succesfully using the stock partition setup, I'm very curious to know why you "really need to increase the data application partition". Are you really beyong 2gb worth of apk's? Is there some other reason?

4th May 2014, 08:54 PM |#4  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,161
 
Donate to Me
More
I've never seen any pit file for this phone other than the original UCKH7 pit file that is in the download repository. As far as I am aware, no one has ever needed to repartition the phone to install any firmware version.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to creepyncrawly For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th May 2014, 10:36 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I think that there is a misunderstanding. I need to do that: http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...y-app-t2538947 for my SGH-I777. Nothing more, nothing less, but I haven't found a tested version of the modified pit file for my phone, so about one month ago I have made one by myself, with 4-8Gb it worked, but when i tried with 6-6Gb the phone crashed and had an hard brick.
I've found a guy in Italy that have got a Jtag, and finally he gave me back the repaired phone. Now I'm asking if someone can help me to find a tested pit file for my SGH-I777 with 6-6Gb configuration.
Thanks again

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepyncrawly

I've never seen any pit file for this phone other than the original UCKH7 pit file that is in the download repository. As far as I am aware, no one has ever needed to repartition the phone to install any firmware version.

7th May 2014, 12:26 PM |#6  
SteveMurphy's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 2,412
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddogselect

...Now I'm asking if someone can help me to find a tested pit file for my SGH-I777 with 6-6Gb configuration...

Doesn't exist for this device, or if it does no one has shared it. My suggestion for you is to stick with the custom .pit you made and leave it be.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SteveMurphy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes