FORUMS

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

[ROM] ota 8.6.5.21 US rom

1,574 posts
Thanks Meter: 585
 
By gee one, Senior Member on 24th December 2011, 09:51 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
It looks like we got our Christmas present a little early!

This is the rooted 8.6.5.21 rom. I just added su and Superuser. It does not overwrite recovery or the bootloader, so it should play nicely with razorclaw. Regardless, flash at your own risk. If in doubt, don't flash it.

This is the full rom, not the update. It is not deodexed, and it might even have carrier iq installed???!!! I only added root.

https://rapidshare.com/files/3982037990/hc_86521.zip
b9620eedb98fc18437cb73d7f4543030 hc_86521.zip

Edit: US version

Merry Christmas!
Last edited by gee one; 24th December 2011 at 10:01 PM.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to gee one For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
24th December 2011, 10:14 PM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Is it 3.2 or ics?
24th December 2011, 10:20 PM |#3  
Alex9090's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 589
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smcabete

Is it 3.2 or ics?

hehe Honeycomb.
24th December 2011, 10:52 PM |#4  
RambJoe's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
Awesome, thanks.

How does the US version compare to the UK one?

Also do I have to somehow flash to a .19 stock then root to flash this? (I haven't got mine yet).
24th December 2011, 10:57 PM |#5  
gee one's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag linux command line
Thanks Meter: 585
 
More
The US rom has 25% more Android! magic in it. There might be other differences as well.

The newer tablets will be locked, so you have to root through .19.

sent from my cyanogen(mod) vision
25th December 2011, 12:12 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag Waldenbuch
Thanks Meter: 23
 
Donate to Me
More
cwm required to flash ?
nevermind, it does
Last edited by rootkited; 25th December 2011 at 12:31 AM.
25th December 2011, 05:38 AM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 734
 
Donate to Me
More
I have a question. Say I have a B60 that was rooted via apx. I can't update. If I were to flash this rom, will I lose all my apps, data, etc.?

Actually, anyone has a cwm flashable zip for this update?
25th December 2011, 06:15 AM |#8  
gee one's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag linux command line
Thanks Meter: 585
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodintentions

I have a question. Say I have a B60 that was rooted via apx. I can't update. If I were to flash this rom, will I lose all my apps, data, etc.?

Actually, anyone has a cwm flashable zip for this update?

This is the cwm flashable zip. It only flashes the system and boot, so data and recovery are untouched.

As far as not being able to update, I'm not sure what that means without more details.


sent from my cyanogen(mod) vision
25th December 2011, 06:21 AM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 900
 
More
What does this update do

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium
25th December 2011, 06:29 AM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 734
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee one

This is the cwm flashable zip. It only flashes the system and boot, so data and recovery are untouched.

As far as not being able to update, I'm not sure what that means without more details.


sent from my cyanogen(mod) vision

The OP clearly says this is a rom, not just the update. Actually, here's his exact words.

Quote:

This is the rooted 8.6.5.21 rom. I just added su and Superuser. It does not overwrite recovery or the bootloader, so it should play nicely with razorclaw. Regardless, flash at your own risk. If in doubt, don't flash it.

This is the full rom, not the update. It is not deodexed, and it might even have carrier iq installed???!!! I only added root.

It means how it sounds. I can't seem to OTA update while rooted. I rooted via apx. B60. The update process always ends up with an exclamation point next to an android, meaning it can't update.

Apologies for my ignorance.

Are you saying that when I flash this rom, all my apps and data will be left untouched?
Last edited by goodintentions; 25th December 2011 at 06:31 AM.
25th December 2011, 06:41 AM |#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 900
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodintentions

The OP clearly says this is a rom, not just the update. Actually, here's his exact words.



It means how it sounds. I can't seem to OTA update while rooted. I rooted via apx. B60. The update process always ends up with an exclamation point next to an android, meaning it can't update.

Apologies for my ignorance.

Are you saying that when I flash this rom, all my apps and data will be left untouched?

Yes it they will be in touched

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda premium

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes