*still there is a pre-condition and some optional follow up action below
Here some features Cy4noobsMod-22.214.171.124 offers:
• Latest port CM7.1 RC.3.0 with the all working features (credit to phiexz & squadzone)
• preinstalled gapps (credit to Msiiek)
• avoid false reformatting sd-ext by cwm-recovery issue when flashing (credit to waqasshahzad1986)
• enabled bootsound (customizable ready)
• fix split screen issue
• S2E ready (no need to mod or reformatting sd-ext partition again)
• avoid potentially market causes reboot issue
• avoid potentially installing application causes reboot issue
• use market 2.3.6 as a default (but still updateable and offer you more optional action)
• fix some other minor common issues
• just flash & play
• noobs, start your 'en-gio-ne'! and say "eat my dust" to your old migraine!!
HOW TO INSTALL
WARNING: Dragons Ahead!
But don’t worry the dragon has been tamed. Even dragon is still a dragon, so still don’t be careless & follow the instruction carefully.
First, make sure the pre-conditions fulfilled:
• have any GB 2.3.3 or upper on your device (or any CM7 rom).
• Already made sd-ext partition on your sd-card (and make sure don’t ever let cwm-recovery touch it reformatting again!), recommended use ext4, more over if want to activated S2E (optional). Don't know how to create partition? Go to mr.waqasshahzad1986 section first, believe me he is your best guide here.
• Have cwm-recovery 5.x (recommended px-cwm or px-cwm-v2). You don't have any yet? Please visit mr.phiexz for CM-7.1 RC-3.0 & cwm 5.x section where this rom originally ported.
• Downloaded Cy4noobsMod-126.96.36.199 zip file copied onto your sd card.
Download Cy4noobsMod-188.8.131.52 here:
• Just Flash & Play!* via cwm-recovery 5.x (press & hold Home+Power button to enter recovery mode)
*no need to wipe or mount anything, install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sd card > CyanoobsMod-184.108.40.206.zip > Yes-Install
• And you just officially 'noobed'! (I mean you already have Cy4noobsMod-220.127.116.11 on your device).
*always recalibrate your battery after flashing any rom!!
Optional follow up action:
If you want to keep market 2.3.6 as your market and don’t want to get any updated, open terminal emulator (pre-installed with your CM7) and type this:
pm disable com.android.vending.updater
recommended!! do this as soon as possible after flashed before you got updated automatically. if you already updated just uninstall the new market at "setting>applications>manage applications" and hurry type the script or you can activate flight mode so you will not get updated.
You can ignore all the things from the beginning if you want your market soon get updated (you will get your market updated automatically as long as your internet keep active)
2. Activated S2E (sd-ext ext4 needed!)
• Download S2E from market
• Open it and open its menu, setting, checklist all.
• Buffer size value better leave it as default (there is a chance S2E would repel the partition if set more than 256KB)
• Back, open menu again, choose reboot (usually it won’t reboot at your first time, so you may reboot it manually).
• after reboot open S2E again and checklist all (recommended leave the "application data" still uncheck, but you may check it if you want ap2sd extreme activated).
• open menu, choose reboot again (at this time it should be worked).
• and yes now you have your CM7 with S2E activated.
• There’s a known bug on gio that it can’t be helped. Cwm-recovery have a habit to reformatting your sd-ext, but it does not format the card correctly on gio. It may not harm if you not using any app to sd-ext things (S2E/link2sd/ app2sd/… or etc), but it does if you do. That’s why I warn you to avoid cwm-recovery ever touching your sd-ext (ex:wipe/format/restore/...etc). Just format your sd-ext partition into ext4 only using your computer. If you want to do any recovery backup-restore things better use any other apps, like Titanium Backup maybe (sorry it may just my limitation, hope the other dev here can help us there).
• As it actually designed for noobs, please be wise to use it as it be. Please, don’t try to do silly things to your rom. Don’t try improvised things that some thing to do with your rom like modding or added tweaks. It may ruined your rom (conflict tweaks caution) and please don’t blame me for that. Customize it will be very welcome as long as not touch that area.
• Sure advance users will always have privileges to do sort things (with notes they knew well the risks. sorry noobs, i'm not being double standard here. i'm a noob too anyway). Feel free to have a try my rom for test its stability sir… your reviews would be really very very appreciated.
• Please ignore some grammar error as long as you can understand me.
• phiexz accompany with squadzone, who ported this great rom and let us have a great experiences too with it.
• Msiiek (I got inspired from your work sir)
• waqasshashzad1986 (you will be always be my mentor with all your guides and knowledge shares)
• Maclaw & Delanoister (you guys always motivated me with all of your works...)
• And of course all the members here that I may forgot to mentioned one by one
Last but not least... If this work pleased you, don’t shy to hit thanks button. Regards!