Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[ROM] Cy4noobsMod-7.1.3.1 (CM7 for noobs Mod based on CM-7.1 RC-3.0)

OP einsal

25th December 2011, 04:24 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 28

50 posts
What Cy4noobsMod-7.1.3.1 really is? It is Cyanogen for Noobs Mod based on CM7.1 RC3.0 for gio. Yes like its name, it designed for easy and very user friendly purpose. The basic idea I build the latest CM7.1 RC.3.0 ported by phiexz (as I think it's already final or likely will be no more update) and compiled it with the all good things here covered almost all the potentially frustrating common issues to make it as stable as it can be for daily uses basis. I do some few mods but may slightly unnoticeable. It is not a custom-rom. I didn’t change the interface and such. I just want to keep it as original as the origin. The most noticeable thing I did may just enabled bootsound. The rest are minor (but of course important!). OK, let put it simply now all you have to do Just Flash and Play*.

*still there is a pre-condition and some optional follow up action below

Here some features Cy4noobsMod-7.1.3.1 offers:
Quote:

• Latest port CM7.1 RC.3.0 with the all working features (credit to phiexz & squadzone)
• preinstalled gapps (credit to Msiiek)
• avoid false reformatting sd-ext by cwm-recovery issue when flashing (credit to waqasshahzad1986)
• enabled bootsound (customizable ready)
• fix split screen issue
• S2E ready (no need to mod or reformatting sd-ext partition again)
• avoid potentially market causes reboot issue
• avoid potentially installing application causes reboot issue
• use market 2.3.6 as a default (but still updateable and offer you more optional action)
• fix some other minor common issues
• just flash & play
• noobs, start your 'en-gio-ne'! and say "eat my dust" to your old migraine!!

HOW TO INSTALL

WARNING: Dragons Ahead!

But don’t worry the dragon has been tamed. Even dragon is still a dragon, so still don’t be careless & follow the instruction carefully.

First, make sure the pre-conditions fulfilled:
Quote:

• have any GB 2.3.3 or upper on your device (or any CM7 rom).
• Already made sd-ext partition on your sd-card (and make sure don’t ever let cwm-recovery touch it reformatting again!), recommended use ext4, more over if want to activated S2E (optional). Don't know how to create partition? Go to mr.waqasshahzad1986 section first, believe me he is your best guide here.
• Have cwm-recovery 5.x (recommended px-cwm or px-cwm-v2). You don't have any yet? Please visit mr.phiexz for CM-7.1 RC-3.0 & cwm 5.x section where this rom originally ported.
• Downloaded Cy4noobsMod-7.1.3.1 zip file copied onto your sd card.

Download Cy4noobsMod-7.1.3.1 here:

Cy4noobsMod-7.1.3.1.zip

Installation:
Quote:

Just Flash & Play!* via cwm-recovery 5.x (press & hold Home+Power button to enter recovery mode)
*no need to wipe or mount anything, install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sd card > CyanoobsMod-7.1.3.1.zip > Yes-Install
• And you just officially 'noobed'! (I mean you already have Cy4noobsMod-7.1.3.1 on your device).
*always recalibrate your battery after flashing any rom!!

easy right?

Optional follow up action:
Quote:

1. Market

If you want to keep market 2.3.6 as your market and don’t want to get any updated, open terminal emulator (pre-installed with your CM7) and type this:

Quote:

su
pm disable com.android.vending.updater

that will disabled your market updater, but you still can enable it anytime if you decided want to get updated. just change the “disable” type to “enable” with the rest script are still the same.

recommended!! do this as soon as possible after flashed before you got updated automatically. if you already updated just uninstall the new market at "setting>applications>manage applications" and hurry type the script or you can activate flight mode so you will not get updated.

You can ignore all the things from the beginning if you want your market soon get updated (you will get your market updated automatically as long as your internet keep active)

2. Activated S2E (sd-ext ext4 needed!)
Quote:

• Download S2E from market
• Open it and open its menu, setting, checklist all.
• Buffer size value better leave it as default (there is a chance S2E would repel the partition if set more than 256KB)
• Back, open menu again, choose reboot (usually it won’t reboot at your first time, so you may reboot it manually).
• after reboot open S2E again and checklist all (recommended leave the "application data" still uncheck, but you may check it if you want ap2sd extreme activated).
• open menu, choose reboot again (at this time it should be worked).
• and yes now you have your CM7 with S2E activated.

You can ignore all the things if you want try any other app2sd like link2sd (even I think it ported optimized with S2E).

Issues:
Quote:

• There’s a known bug on gio that it can’t be helped. Cwm-recovery have a habit to reformatting your sd-ext, but it does not format the card correctly on gio. It may not harm if you not using any app to sd-ext things (S2E/link2sd/ app2sd/… or etc), but it does if you do. That’s why I warn you to avoid cwm-recovery ever touching your sd-ext (ex:wipe/format/restore/...etc). Just format your sd-ext partition into ext4 only using your computer. If you want to do any recovery backup-restore things better use any other apps, like Titanium Backup maybe (sorry it may just my limitation, hope the other dev here can help us there).

Notes:
Quote:

• As it actually designed for noobs, please be wise to use it as it be. Please, don’t try to do silly things to your rom. Don’t try improvised things that some thing to do with your rom like modding or added tweaks. It may ruined your rom (conflict tweaks caution) and please don’t blame me for that. Customize it will be very welcome as long as not touch that area.
• Sure advance users will always have privileges to do sort things (with notes they knew well the risks. sorry noobs, i'm not being double standard here. i'm a noob too anyway). Feel free to have a try my rom for test its stability sir… your reviews would be really very very appreciated.
• Please ignore some grammar error as long as you can understand me.

CREDITS
Thx to:
• phiexz accompany with squadzone, who ported this great rom and let us have a great experiences too with it.
• Msiiek (I got inspired from your work sir)
• waqasshashzad1986 (you will be always be my mentor with all your guides and knowledge shares)
• Maclaw & Delanoister (you guys always motivated me with all of your works...)
• And of course all the members here that I may forgot to mentioned one by one

Last but not least... If this work pleased you, don’t shy to hit thanks button. Regards!
Last edited by einsal; 31st December 2011 at 02:33 AM.
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to einsal For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th December 2011, 04:25 AM   |  #2  
OP Member

50 posts
Thumbs up
added some SS:

explanation (left to right)
1. the version (i use S5660DXKT4 GB 2.3.6 as my baseband)
2. quadrant score: 2037 clocked at min:247 max:787 gov: ondemand
3. quadrant score: 2562 clocked at min:247 max:902 gov: ondemand
4. memory status
5. S2E
6. How the sd-ext mounted look like on Titanium Backup

don't be fooled by its name guys... it noobs by the installation difficulty level...

but it have CM7 fullest potential...

and the most important thing is its stability!!

please have a try and experience it yourself...

(Please take a note: all devices clock stability are vary, please be wise with it!)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-1324628854777.png
Views:	6225
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	828873   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-1324481730996.png
Views:	6241
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	828874   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-1324647693216.png
Views:	5921
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	828875   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-1324680530805.png
Views:	5765
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	828876   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-1324680456763.png
Views:	5525
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	828877   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-1324680482057.png
Views:	5613
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	828878  
Last edited by einsal; 29th December 2011 at 07:27 AM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to einsal For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th December 2011, 04:43 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

50 posts
-RESERVED-
The Following User Says Thank You to einsal For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th December 2011, 09:28 AM   |  #4  
Flag Constanta
Thanks Meter: 113

309 posts
very nice .if i'm running into problems again with CM 7.2 , this will be the first thing i will try., ty for your work
25th December 2011, 09:38 AM   |  #5  
Flag Grimancelos -Barcelos
Thanks Meter: 65

633 posts
More
Hello! First: thank´s for the work!!!! Another thing: i have the Giopro v1.4 on my phone. Can "update" direct with this rom? And the GPS? Work's nice?
25th December 2011, 09:55 AM   |  #6  
Flag on desktop
Thanks Meter: 15

47 posts
More
nice job bro
thanks for your hardwork
25th December 2011, 12:41 PM   |  #7  
Flag Palembang
Thanks Meter: 10

33 posts
More
sure don't need partition ext4 again?
okay I'll try
thanks for your work
25th December 2011, 03:15 PM   |  #8  
OP Member

50 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djph4ntom

very nice .if i'm running into problems again with CM 7.2 , this will be the first thing i will try., ty for your work

yes, actually that's one of my goal too sir doing this project. i want to made a safety checkpoint for CM7.

that's why i'm using the latest CM7.1 RC-3.0, as long as we can see it look like will be no more any development (already fixed).

currently i'm testing CM7.2 too (build by Mclaw+del-kernell)...

ur welcom...
Quote:
Originally Posted by kompressorgpl

Hello! First: thank´s for the work!!!! Another thing: i have the Giopro v1.4 on my phone. Can "update" direct with this rom? And the GPS? Work's nice?

ur welcome...

as long as it is GB 2.3.3 & upper based, you already have fulfilled one of the pre-condition sir... yes just do it directly no need to wipe or mount anything... Just Flash & Play!

as for the gps issue you can read the issues section up there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskBack

nice job bro
thanks for your hardwork

u'r welcome bro...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddiel

sure don't need partition ext4 again?
okay I'll try
thanks for your work

yup, just do it once only on your computer before flashing it
please take a note don't do wipe or mount anything on cwm-recovery, bcoz it potentially ruined ur partition... so do it just like the motto:

Just Flash & Play!

please try it and ur welcom bro...
Last edited by einsal; 25th December 2011 at 07:22 PM.
25th December 2011, 11:11 PM   |  #9  
Amman
Thanks Meter: 7

62 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by einsal

please take a note don't do wipe or mount anything on cwm-recovery, bcoz it potentially ruined ur partition...

So CWM is basically useless? Doesn't this means we can't do back up/restore?
26th December 2011, 12:10 AM   |  #10  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 10

192 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabot

So CWM is basically useless? Doesn't this means we can't do back up/restore?

You're right after backup it will format ext anyways so all this rom is useless untill new cwm because you still need to use card reader but maybe you can restore from cwm excluding ext partition I dont know anyways I use titanium to backup ext ofcourse maybe Im wrong?

Sent from my GT-S5660 using Tapatalk
Last edited by kajjtan; 26th December 2011 at 12:21 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm7, cy4noobsmod, cyanogen, cyanogenmod, gio
Previous Thread Next Thread