[WIFI Only] [How-to] GT-P1010 Gingerbread Update
I know a lot of people are going to have problems updating to the latest gingerbread build.
PLEASE NOTE: This update will remove root but you can root again with CF-Root from second post.
ALSO, THIS PROCESS WILL WIPE DEVICE!
1) Put your P1010 into download mode (by holding POWER and VOL-DOWN):
2)I went ahead and used ODIN tool
to downgrade/upgrade to the latest FROYO firmware before Gingerbread:
(OEM Flash Guide here
You should have the same tick marks and files loaded as in my screenshot. Be sure that the box is yellow on the right and you can initiate the firmware install by clicking 'Start'.
3) (VARIES) From there, after restart some people will experience a force close followed by a reboot loop. You will need to flash this kernel via ODIN:
(Flash this the same way as above but UNCHECK Re-Partition and CSC!)
4) You will then be able to boot into Froyo.
5) You will use ODIN again to install the Gingerbread update and flash just the PDA (leave CSC blank and leave Re-partition unchecked this time).
(Flash this the same way you flashed the Kernel in step #2)
6) After it reboots, you will have 2.3.6
7) (Optional) steps in post #2 to install CWM Recovery and Root.
Galaxy Nexus GSM
ROM: latest Minco / Minco Plus build
Kernel: latest Franco build
Nexus One PVT SHIP S-OFF
Touch Panel - SYNT0103- AMOLED
HBoot: 5.35.5117 (Custom Partition - BlackRose)
ROM: CM7 Nightly Builds (temasek KANGs)
Kernel: IntersectRaven 184.108.40.206_AVS-CM7-NOBOOST_CFS_20120112
CPU: @ min 128mhz, max 1113mhz, with smartassv2 governor