With help from me.
So, yeah, I'm slow and I just got this app together.
A few things are assumed:
- You know how to operate your computer.
- You have the Android Platform Tools installed and adb sees your Xoom
- You have ImageMagick installed.
- You have the .NET 4.0 Client Profile installed (sue me, it's all I can use)
- Your Xoom is plugged in and ADB sees the device.
- You assume any responsibility for your hankering with your device.
First things first:
In the folder you run the app from, it will make a config file, and 3 directories where it will store the original image, the raw image, and the flashable bin.
On first run, click on the Options
tab and set the location of your adb.exe from the Platform Tools and convert.exe from ImageMagick.
Just run the app, drop your 256x320 image (jpg, gif, bmp, png or tif) and hit the Raw
button, then the Bin
button, then the Flash
I have a VBScript that can be used in the interim, as I am not home and can't get a pretty packaged app together to do this.
It needs to be edited for the paths to adb.exe and ImageMagick's convert.exe (set variables in the file), then your image formatted to 256x320, drag n' dropped onto the .vbs, it will convert the file, and do some adb magic to push and flash it.
Otherwise, wait a week, and I'll have a little app to do it for you.
Retired: HTC Excalibur, HTC Magic, HTC Leo (TMOUS), HTC Glacier, HTC Thunderbolt
Current: Droid Bionic with 2233 ICS leak (and a cracked digitizer)
Also, a 4G Xoom with Team Eos ICS Nightly