5,598,980 Members 31,400 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No ICS for SGS, complain here. All other threads will be deleted!

Tip us?

NeoS
Old
(Last edited by NeoS; 27th December 2011 at 01:55 PM.)
Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer - There is no N00b... - OP
Thanks Meter 822

DONATE TO ME
Exclamation No ICS for SGS, complain here. All other threads will be deleted!

As we all have heard, sadly, ICS will not be available through Samsung because of the lack of memory available in the SGS to run Touchwiz.

However the community isn't happy, XDA will probably find a way to get ICS on your SGS.

If you feel you should complain about the lack of ICS on your device, you may do so in this thread. However, other threads about the subject will be closed / deleted, since one thread should suffice.

Consider this a warning too; We strive to keeping the forum clean, and if anyone ignores this, disciplinary action will be taken.

Edit: petition url added here: http://www.change.org/petitions/wwws...-samsung-i9000 Thanks Telep!
Edit2: Samsung might be rethinking this strategy: http://www.theverge.com/2011/12/27/2...upgrade-review Hurray!

|How to make a good signature|How to be a new user|Rules|Moderator List|

Device list in chronological order: Nokia 7650, Nokia 6260, Nokia N80, HTC Artemis, HTC Polaris, HTC Blackstone, HTC Iolite, HTC Passion, Samsung GT9100, Asus Grouper, LG Mako. Which one will be next?
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to NeoS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

btyre
Old
(Last edited by btyre; 25th December 2011 at 02:53 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
What was wrong with the last thread?

Anyway, this is kind of a bummer. Shows that 18 month program was a whole load of hot air.

Also, the claim that Touchwiz won't run on top of ICS is trash. I wonder if the leaked S2 version can be ported. Perhaps making our own "official" rom could be quite effective way of getting them to buck their ideas up?

EDIT: Actually, the 18 months was after the S was released and the S has been out of 18 months already (Wow time flies), so point is void.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to btyre For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aalsaqqa
Old
Thanks Meter 0
no need for that with TW, Google's stock is better
ICS ports here working better than Samsung's stock roms

CDTI
Old
Thanks Meter 16
I've signed all online petitions, but I'll be happy if they just release AOSP Compatible Drivers for all the components of our phone.

Maybe we should spam Google, asking them to tell Samsung to release drivers at least.

Sent from my I9000 using XDA App

aalsaqqa
Old
Thanks Meter 0
gracias a la XDA genius developers

nemesis666999
Old
Thanks Meter 4
OK, I am complaining ,give us a ICS ROM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nemesis666999 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

annoymous1234
Old
Thanks Meter 53
what bout S+? i feel cheated. at least SGS gets 2 majot updates. S+ didn't even recieve any major updates! this will be my last samsucks phone. at least sony is loyal to their customers. even xperia play which has the same specs as S+ is getting ICS WTF! screw u samsung
I'm giving away 2.5GB of free space,
just click
here
Please hit thanks button if you find my post useful.
The Following User Says Thank You to annoymous1234 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

telep
Old
Thanks Meter 750
They can make lightweight ROM, with possibility to download additional crapwizz apps and widgets from samsung apps.

gomek111222
Old
Thanks Meter 3
To moderator: u can add the petition site. Last i saw there was 7300 sign. it must get more

telep
Old
Thanks Meter 750
Here you go

http://www.change.org/petitions/wwws...-samsung-i9000

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to telep For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
ice cream, no ics for sgs