Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,460 Members 40,196 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

What Micro SD card are you using?

Tip us?

Thunder350
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Default What Micro SD card are you using?

So I'm in the market for a new SD card, I'm currently using the 8GB C4 that came with the phone, but it currently has less then 100MB of space on it. (Filled with music, photos, etc).

I'm interested in getting a 32 GB Micro SD card, as I can almost easily fill that up too . But I'm stuck between the cheaper C4, and the slightly more expensive C10 version.

I know that the C10 would allow me to transfer data from my PC 6MB's faster then a C4, but is that the only difference? I've seen some people mention video recording would be smoother, and others have said that's wrong. Would it be better to save myself $10-$12 and just get the slower C4 instead? And is there certain cards that are known NOT to work with the Inspire?

Thanks and Merry Christmas!
Main Phone: HTC One X+
ROM: Sense 5 Android 4.2.2
Radio: Stock
Rooted: Yes
Recovery: Stock

Main Tablet: Nexus 10
ROM: Stock Android 4.4.2
Rooted: Of course!

"It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning." - Henry Ford

1ChesterD
Old
Thanks Meter 141
As long as you stay away from the junk that is often on ebay, you should be good to go. It's not just the write speed that's faster, the read also increases. And the price often isn't that much different between the C4,C6, and the C10. Just watch for sales. Example: local Fry's will have the 32g Samsung C10 on sale for $36.
I may be a few years older then the BUFF, but we both can still raise hell when needed.

manicalchemist
Old
Thanks Meter 15
I bought a sandisk 32gb micro sd card from Amazon 3 weeks ago for about $34. It works great for me and being on a buget to price wasn't to shabby either.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda premium
Flashing ROMS, like a drunk chick at Mardi Gras

Agoattamer
Old
Thanks Meter 486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder350 View Post
So I'm in the market for a new SD card, I'm currently using the 8GB C4 that came with the phone, but it currently has less then 100MB of space on it. (Filled with music, photos, etc).

I'm interested in getting a 32 GB Micro SD card, as I can almost easily fill that up too . But I'm stuck between the cheaper C4, and the slightly more expensive C10 version.

I know that the C10 would allow me to transfer data from my PC 6MB's faster then a C4, but is that the only difference? I've seen some people mention video recording would be smoother, and others have said that's wrong. Would it be better to save myself $10-$12 and just get the slower C4 instead? And is there certain cards that are known NOT to work with the Inspire?

Thanks and Merry Christmas!
A few threads about this in the correct section already. Thread should be moved to the Inspire 4G Accessories section.
Samsung I717R Note
I717RUXMD1 Rogers Deodexed Stock JB ROM

Samsung I497 10.1 Tab2
I497UCBMF2 stock JB

HTC HD2 T9193
Winmo 6.5 Energy.Leo.29022.Sense2.5.Jul.04
2.12.50.02_2 RADIO

Thunder350
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agoattamer View Post
A few threads about this in the correct section already. Thread should be moved to the Inspire 4G Accessories section.
This thread has been dead for over 3 months. Why revive it just for that?
Main Phone: HTC One X+
ROM: Sense 5 Android 4.2.2
Radio: Stock
Rooted: Yes

Main Tablet: Nexus 10
ROM: Stock Android 4.4.2
Rooted: Of course!

"It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning." - Henry Ford
The Following User Says Thank You to Thunder350 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Agoattamer
Old
Thanks Meter 486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder350 View Post
This thread has been dead for over 3 months. Why revive it just for that?
Pay attention. I didn't revive it. The poster above me did. And it is a month in a half and not 3 months old.
Samsung I717R Note
I717RUXMD1 Rogers Deodexed Stock JB ROM

Samsung I497 10.1 Tab2
I497UCBMF2 stock JB

HTC HD2 T9193
Winmo 6.5 Energy.Leo.29022.Sense2.5.Jul.04
2.12.50.02_2 RADIO

lovemoddingmyphone
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Sandisk 16 gb SDHC

karan231090
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Wink My micro sd card

strontium 8gb

Reinaldo33897
Old
Thanks Meter 489
PNY 32gb Class 10 - 39.99 on newegg.com
PHONE: AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 (MDL)
ROM: Goldeneye V34
Baseband : NC1

wangtang2k
Old
Thanks Meter 208
PNY 32GB Class 10 micro SDHC card, but I've been using a Sandisk 64GB micro SDXC card for the past month or so with great results. I still need to run more tests on it but it's been so damn hectic at work these past months lol Damn bakery X_X