Quo Vadis, Open {Source, Standards, World}? w/ Jan Wildeboer – XDA:DevCon 2014

Open Source was a big topic at this years XDA:DevCon … more

Android 5.0 Leaked for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Android Lollipop is still making its way to many new devices. Firmware updates have been … more

Learn to Sync Files Between Android And PC with Unison

Dropbox and similar cloud services are great if youre planning to keep your files … more

OnePlus Indian Ban Lifted, Android One Expanding – XDA TV

Android 5.0.1 Lollipop is available for the Nvidia SHIELD Tablet! That and … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Triumph CM7 Help (Fluttering Softkeys)

OP xxbilxx

26th December 2011, 01:53 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I just flashed the final beta of CM7 to my triumph, and idk if everybody is having this problem my soft keys are flashing/flickering when i move the phone. It's not physically they are flickering because of the way the light reaches your eyes.

No way to explain it really, when you hold the phone still it's good.

I believe this is because the soft keys brightness is not high enough.
Anybody find a way to fix this,

Thankss in advance.//
26th December 2011, 06:16 PM   |  #2  
Stockton, CA
Thanks Meter: 154

1,499 posts
More
I have he same thing, but not sure how to fix it.
26th December 2011, 08:03 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 343

692 posts
More
It's a 'feature' to reduce the brightness on the softkey LEDs. By default they're turned on full brightness, and it can have light leaks that affect a dark screen on some people's phones. You can just turn it off with an app like 'adjbrightness', 'keyboard backlight control', or in CM settings - display - auto backlight - use custom & edit other levels.
3rd April 2012, 04:22 AM   |  #4  

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyzor

It's a 'feature' to reduce the brightness on the softkey LEDs. By default they're turned on full brightness, and it can have light leaks that affect a dark screen on some people's phones. You can just turn it off with an app like 'adjbrightness', 'keyboard backlight control', or in CM settings - display - auto backlight - use custom & edit other levels.

If you could explain a little more of what to change on that screen it would be much appreciated. There are so many values to change that it is a bit overwhelming to me.
3rd April 2012, 08:38 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 343

692 posts
More
In the "Edit other levels", the left column is what the light sensor readings are for a certain light level, the next column is the display backlight that should be used in those situations, the right most column is what brightness the bottom capacitive buttons should be at. Set it to 0 to be off, 255 for max. Try some different values to see what suits you.
4th April 2012, 01:10 AM   |  #6  

6 posts
Awesome! Thank you!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread