Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,353 Members 40,670 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Triumph CM7 Help (Fluttering Softkeys)

Tip us?

xxbilxx
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Triumph CM7 Help (Fluttering Softkeys)

I just flashed the final beta of CM7 to my triumph, and idk if everybody is having this problem my soft keys are flashing/flickering when i move the phone. It's not physically they are flickering because of the way the light reaches your eyes.

No way to explain it really, when you hold the phone still it's good.

I believe this is because the soft keys brightness is not high enough.
Anybody find a way to fix this,

Thankss in advance.//

idbl_fanatic
Old
Thanks Meter 133
I have he same thing, but not sure how to fix it.

Whyzor
Old
Thanks Meter 340
It's a 'feature' to reduce the brightness on the softkey LEDs. By default they're turned on full brightness, and it can have light leaks that affect a dark screen on some people's phones. You can just turn it off with an app like 'adjbrightness', 'keyboard backlight control', or in CM settings - display - auto backlight - use custom & edit other levels.

matt.vansickle
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyzor View Post
It's a 'feature' to reduce the brightness on the softkey LEDs. By default they're turned on full brightness, and it can have light leaks that affect a dark screen on some people's phones. You can just turn it off with an app like 'adjbrightness', 'keyboard backlight control', or in CM settings - display - auto backlight - use custom & edit other levels.
If you could explain a little more of what to change on that screen it would be much appreciated. There are so many values to change that it is a bit overwhelming to me.

Whyzor
Old
Thanks Meter 340
In the "Edit other levels", the left column is what the light sensor readings are for a certain light level, the next column is the display backlight that should be used in those situations, the right most column is what brightness the bottom capacitive buttons should be at. Set it to 0 to be off, 255 for max. Try some different values to see what suits you.

matt.vansickle
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Awesome! Thank you!