Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,011 Members 47,656 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Revert from Hokin Anzhi chinese ROM to stock?

Tip us?

adam_purkis
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Question [Q] Revert from Hokin Anzhi chinese ROM to stock?

Hey everyone,

My brother just got a HTC Sensation XL for Christmas, however it was bought abroad in Hong Kong, and unknown to my parents had been flashed to the Hokin XL Anzhi ROM, I am just wondering if there is any way to revert it back to the stock HTC rom that would come on this phone. I have no backups of it obviously as we never had the original ROM. If this isnt possible, what is the best alternative, as this ROM seems useless with no English Browser, no android market etc..

I havent really flashed ROM's before, but it seems the phone has super user, but the boot menu is in chinese. I have been having a look around the development thread and noticed the Cappy ROM being mentioned, but i would probably prefer to get it to stock if possible as it was his present and not sure what he wants to do with it yet.

Thanks in advance

jeandujardin01
Old
Thanks Meter 71
* check if the bootloader is locked or unlocked *

- pull battery out and put it back
- hold POWER and VOLUME DOWN for 3sec

If it says LOCKED: Flash an RUU ~> http://www.filefactory.com/file/c0ac...366_signed.exe

If it says UNLOCKED: lock it back by following these instructions http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38853656/HTC...structions.zip (dont forget to download & install everything first)
THEN flash an RUU
The Following User Says Thank You to jeandujardin01 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

adam_purkis
Old
(Last edited by adam_purkis; 27th December 2011 at 02:48 AM.) Reason: extra information
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
hey thanks for your response the phone was originally UNLOCKED, so i have followed all the steps, and it now shows up as 'RELOCKED' will that be ok to procedd with the RUU? or have i done something wrong? thanks!

EDIT: i also now dont seem to be able to switch the phone on properly? When i power it, the bootloader starts with the

****RELOCKED****
****SECURITY WARNING****

have i done something wrong? kind of worried now

adam_purkis
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
ok well i just tried flashing the RUU but i get the ERROR 131: CUstomer ID Error. Basically the wrong RUU for this phone? is there another one available? the phone was bought in hong kong. or unless there is something else i can do to get this to work?

jeandujardin01
Old
(Last edited by jeandujardin01; 27th December 2011 at 07:33 AM.)
Thanks Meter 71
Here are the other RUU try an Asian one like this one

http://bbs.fengbao.com/fengbao_ftpdl...exe&tid=611086

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using xda premium

adam_purkis
Old
(Last edited by adam_purkis; 27th December 2011 at 08:51 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
unfortunately i am still getting the Error 131 with this RUU as well.. would it be something to do with it being rooted? or any idea where i can find some more to try?

can i tell which RUU i need by looking at the bootloader screen? thanks!

EDIT: apparently the image version on my phone is 1.05.707.5, not sure if that helps.

EDIT: FOUND THE RUU THAT WORKS!! Thanks for your help, it was the WWE version that seemed to restore it. Thanks for your help

jeandujardin01
Old
Thanks Meter 71
i'm glad you got it, otherwise you could just unlock again and flash RCmix

adam_purkis
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeandujardin01 View Post
i'm glad you got it, otherwise you could just unlock again and flash RCmix
yeah i was getting close to doing that but oh well, got it working anyway thanks I assume now he will be able to get the ICS OTA update when it comes out?

thanks again

jeandujardin01
Old
Thanks Meter 71
yes I think so !