Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,193 Members 37,179 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Guide] Absolute Newbie's Guide to Rooting a Streak 7 that has Stock Honeycomb

Tip us?

wptski
Old
Thanks Meter 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by manjulapra View Post
Thanks.
Please pardon me if I look dumb. But I have already installed HC by DJSteve given at XDA. I want to update it. For that I think I need to root it. The tried the guide here but for that I need Drivers.zip which should be in the tablet. But I can not find it.
Somewhere in these threads and I don't exactly know where someone was missing those same files. Someone posted a link to them. Try to do a search on "drivers.zip" and maybe you can locate the post.
Nexus 10 32GB Buttered Manta AOKP 4.3 ROM with KTManta kernel
Dell Streak 7 WiFi Unofficial CM 10.1

winpot
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default new DS7 user here

Help!!!

my new DS 7 with Android 2.2 stock just arrived and need your help guys. I've been looking around the thread if I can use this GUIDE directly from stock FROYO? or do i need to upgrade first.

just unboxing my unit now.

any input pls.

sanchezrd13
Old
(Last edited by sanchezrd13; 2nd June 2012 at 12:22 AM.) Reason: Thanks button found.
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Finally Rooted my DS7

I wish to thank EwanG for making this so simple to accomplish. I had been holding off in doing it and finally got down to doing it. I can't seem to find the "Thanks" button on the forum, so again, thanks EwanG.

Edit: Found the button!

winpot
Old
Thanks Meter 0
@ EwanG thank you so much for this easy to follow guide....

Im happy with my DS7...

also guys,

any update on this ice cream thread???

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1316719

baracalao
Old
(Last edited by baracalao; 23rd August 2012 at 12:30 AM.) Reason: update system information
Thanks Meter 1
Unhappy Bootloader error

[/QUOTE]
Steps 1-15)

16) To get it to reboot into CWM, turn the Streak off, and then turn it on again while holding the Power Button and Volume UP (+) at the same time. This may take up to 30 seconds

From here you would follow the normal CWM options to install just the root files (Superuser7 for one example) or install a custom ROM.[/QUOTE]

I have followed these instructions, from step one. I have tried it twice, but when I reboot to go into CWM it gives a stock recovey and when I try option #2 it gives the following error " Unrecoverable Bootloader error (0x00000000). "
What did I do wrong?

I have A Dell Streak 7 with OTA Honeycomb.

FALCON-LORD
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hey All.
I have a Stock 7 with Honeycomb, and have followed the above. When I boot with the + down the menu shows no change, though during the attempt at installing clockwork it looks like it came up with no issues.
Is anyone able to shone some light on the issue?
(Dos output below)
C:\StreakRoot\Win32>fastboot -i 0x413C flash recovery C:\StreakRoot\S7_3.2-6.0.1
.1.img
sending 'recovery' (4732 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.408s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [ 1.316s]
finished. total time: 1.726s
C:\StreakRoot\Win32>fastboot -i 0x413C reboot
rebooting...
finished. total time: 0.001s
C:\StreakRoot\Win32>
Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape.

giveen
Old
Thanks Meter 1,534

DONATE TO ME
You need to select now the update package option and that will take you to recovery mode

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to giveen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

FALCON-LORD
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Got Root!
Thanks for getting me over that last hurdle giveen.
Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape.

baracalao
Old
(Last edited by baracalao; 25th August 2012 at 04:04 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Default question about rooting problem

Greetings to all.

I have tried the instructions. I have actually run through the process 4 times now, from step one.

I get the same error each time. When I try to boot into recovery. It appears to still be the stock recovery, when I select option #2 it gives a bootloader error message.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Any of you gurus have a suggestion?

I will try anything at this point to get cwm working and root.

Nocturnal_50
Old
Thanks Meter 134

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by baracalao View Post
Greetings to all.

I have tried the instructions. I have actually run through the process 4 times now, from step one.

I get the same error each time. When I try to boot into recovery. It appears to still be the stock recovery, when I select option #2 it gives a bootloader error message.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Any of you gurus have a suggestion?

I will try anything at this point to get cwm working and root.
did you put the device into fastboot and flash recovery? if no, do it. if yes did you rename your recovery image to "recovery.img" minus the quotation marks and use "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" through the fastboot command?
Asking for an ETA is like asking for a punch in the face, DONT DO IT as I will more than happily deliver the second

Smart phones: HTC marvel (dismantled), HTC evo-3d (gone), HTC one XL (1/2 stock 2.40, 2/2 stock 1.89)
Tablets: Dell streak 7 (MISTREAK7v4 pre-alpha), Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7" ( various CM10 nightlies)
Dumb phones: iphone 3g (given to female sibling), iphone4 (re-assembled awaiting android port)

Tags
android, root, streak 7