The All-In-One Nook Tablet HackPack
Merry Christmas... In right before the buzzer.
We have a thread going on here
about hacking the bootloaders. I've been compiling information for reasons of running custom firmware, and potential hardware modifications. I keep it all in a folder on my computer. I decided to share that so everyone has access to this otherwise obscure information.
The Nook Tablet Hack Pack contains:
The Nook Tablet Hack Pack Contains various projects and supporting information which require completion and/or testing. Most may be plausable with some additional work put into them.
This program is rumored to be able to reinitialize a device via code injection.
-Links to places where you can read about the development platform used to design the Nook Tablet
-these will require rework in order to use them as digital signatures are implemented on the Nook Tablet
-A tool used to boot pandaboard from USB
- A tool used to boot OMAP4 processors from USB
-Various keys found in the original Factory.zip which comes with the device.
- These tools will help with remapping memory
- A tool used to view any block of memory. must be used with root
- Added notes from a conversation... this is a work in progress, nothing has been done to make this a reality yet.
NookColor UART patch
- This is a patch for a different device to enable UART output, this may or may not be useful at a later time
Nook Tablet 1.4 Source
- This is claimed to be the source used for the Nook Tablet. I believe it is similar, but I'm not seeing any B&N specific information
-This is a collection of tools which are used to boot Pandaboard devices
Various reading materials
OMAP 4430 Processor Datasheet
Power, Reset, and Clock Management documentation
Using the TMS320C642x Bootloader
Using the TMS320DM646x DMSoC Bootloader
KeyStone Architecture User Guide
KeyStone Architecture Security Guide
- various tools used for hacking any Android device
- the greatest scriptable shell ever
i2cdetect i2cdump i2cget i2cset
-Part of the i2ctools collection
- Network monitoring software
- Memory viewing software
-Currently only a single example of a UART output on this device. I will be filling this section out more
- when placed on SDCard, this will revert the platform to 1.4.0 and enable sideloading
- notes on boot sequence.
... and others
Download the Nook Tablet Hack Pack
Please note, this is a massive file weighing in at 467.8 megabytes... Wi-Fi required
150Pilot -Most of the reading material comes from his relentless scowering and searching of various sources on the internet.
All the other people who have participated in the discussions
Flash with Odin
. Use JOdin3
, Available in a web browser or offline
Check out my developer pages
. Add me to your circles on Google Plus