The All-In-One Nook Tablet HackPack

26th December 2011, 05:44 AM   |  #1  
Merry Christmas... In right before the buzzer.

Introduction:
We have a thread going on here about hacking the bootloaders. I've been compiling information for reasons of running custom firmware, and potential hardware modifications. I keep it all in a folder on my computer. I decided to share that so everyone has access to this otherwise obscure information.

The Nook Tablet Hack Pack contains:
The Nook Tablet Hack Pack Contains various projects and supporting information which require completion and/or testing. Most may be plausable with some additional work put into them.

2nd-init This program is rumored to be able to reinitialize a device via code injection.
Blaze Board -Links to places where you can read about the development platform used to design the Nook Tablet
Desktop Tools -these will require rework in order to use them as digital signatures are implemented on the Nook Tablet
omap4boot_panda -A tool used to boot pandaboard from USB
swetland-omap4boot- A tool used to boot OMAP4 processors from USB
Extracted Keys-Various keys found in the original Factory.zip which comes with the device.
Memory Hacking- These tools will help with remapping memory
viewmem- A tool used to view any block of memory. must be used with root
writemem- Added notes from a conversation... this is a work in progress, nothing has been done to make this a reality yet.
NookColor UART patch- This is a patch for a different device to enable UART output, this may or may not be useful at a later time
Nook Tablet 1.4 Source- This is claimed to be the source used for the Nook Tablet. I believe it is similar, but I'm not seeing any B&N specific information
panda-This is a collection of tools which are used to boot Pandaboard devices
Reading Materials Various reading materials
OMAP4PinOut
OMAP 4430 Processor Datasheet
Power, Reset, and Clock Management documentation
Using the TMS320C642x Bootloader
Using the TMS320DM646x DMSoC Bootloader
KeyStone Architecture User Guide
KeyStone Architecture Security Guide

SystemBins- various tools used for hacking any Android device
bash - the greatest scriptable shell ever
i2cdetect i2cdump i2cget i2cset -Part of the i2ctools collection
tcpdump- Network monitoring software
viewmem- Memory viewing software
UART Outputs-Currently only a single example of a UART output on this device. I will be filling this section out more
acclaim_update.zip- when placed on SDCard, this will revert the platform to 1.4.0 and enable sideloading
Boot-sequence- notes on boot sequence.
... and others

Download the Nook Tablet Hack Pack
Please note, this is a massive file weighing in at 467.8 megabytes... Wi-Fi required .

Happy hacking!

Thanks to:
150Pilot -Most of the reading material comes from his relentless scowering and searching of various sources on the internet.
All the other people who have participated in the discussions
And You!
Last edited by AdamOutler; 29th December 2011 at 02:55 PM.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to AdamOutler For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th December 2011, 06:00 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 58

562 posts
WOW... Great Idea to publish all the info learned/available links todate ... THANX... And Merry Christmas!!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread