[ROM][ICS] WeUI v2.0 (Updated: 8/2/2012) (MIUI4)

OP nightshack0

9th March 2012, 12:25 AM   |  #1041  
Flag Monterey Park
Thanks Meter: 105

885 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by b-eock

That makes no sense to use two apps when one has ALL THE FEATURES of the other and more. The app doesn't decide whether or not your phone is more stable on different voltages. It is the voltage and the voltage only. So use the recommended app *NSTOOLS* to do everything in swoop...

Yeah.. i know they do same work but i just feel like controlling voltage with voltage control is more stable to me. i don't know why.. for an example, i used to give 850 mv for 100 and 200 mhz on GB MIUI with voltage control app, and it was pretty stable. had no issue at all.. but had random reboots and sod, cod on ICS MIUI at the same voltage settings with nstools even tho i didn't oc at all. I had to give 925 mv for 100 and 200 mhz and 25 mv more for each other cpu steps to avoid those issues.
Therefore, i decided to try voltage control app again for UV and now i can give them lower voltage again with no issues so far(using 3 days so far).
i don't know if it is like that only for me but that's what i got.
Yeah.. i'm not a pro but just wanted to share my exp tho.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA
Last edited by drancid; 9th March 2012 at 12:30 AM.
9th March 2012, 12:47 AM   |  #1042  
Flag Dallas, Texas
Thanks Meter: 1,417

3,584 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drancid

Yeah.. i know they do same work but i just feel like controlling voltage with voltage control is more stable to me. i don't know why.. for an example, i used to give 850 mv for 100 and 200 mhz on GB MIUI with voltage control app, and it was pretty stable. had no issue at all.. but had random reboots and sod, cod on ICS MIUI at the same voltage settings with nstools even tho i didn't oc at all. I had to give 925 mv for 100 and 200 mhz and 25 mv more for each other cpu steps to avoid those issues.
Therefore, i decided to try voltage control app again for UV and now i can give them lower voltage again with no issues so far(using 3 days so far).
i don't know if it is like that only for me but that's what i got.
Yeah.. i'm not a pro but just wanted to share my exp tho.

Yahh I used to UV like crazy on GM MIUI. But this is ICS. There are more resources needed to keep the phone running. Which is why you can't UV as much... So I stand by my point.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to b-eock For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th March 2012, 01:05 AM   |  #1043  
Flag Monterey Park

885 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by b-eock

Yahh I used to UV like crazy on GM MIUI. But this is ICS. There are more resources needed to keep the phone running. Which is why you can't UV as much... So I stand by my point.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium

oh.. I didn't know that point... this is why i said i'm not a pro.. lol. thanks for the info man! I'll keep my settings for a while and will report back if something happened!

The Following User Says Thank You to drancid For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th March 2012, 09:39 PM   |  #1044  
Flag Kiev
Thanks Meter: 8

97 posts
More
ROM is very unstable. It works a week or more and after that phone is freezing on boot. Only FULL Wipe helps
9th March 2012, 10:14 PM   |  #1045  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 958

456 posts
Donate to Me
Test version will be released today, hope people can test it out.
BTW, you can join #weui at IRC if you have questions, suggestions or anything: http://webchat.freenode.net/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlaaaad

ROM is very unstable. It works a week or more and after that phone is freezing on boot. Only FULL Wipe helps

Hope the new test version will make all the bugs and instability to disappear, we'll see.
I've been running the ROM for a week and don't have any of the problems reported except signal display bug, even Permission Manager was working for me, which is strange
The Following User Says Thank You to nightshack0 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th March 2012, 10:42 PM   |  #1046  
Thanks Meter: 66

557 posts
io don't have many problems either
9th March 2012, 11:17 PM   |  #1047  
Thanks Meter: 6

352 posts
More
My phone is stuck in a boot loop. I installed the rom, rebooted it. Installed some apps, restored Titanium back info, rebooted and it's stuck at the miui boot screen...
9th March 2012, 11:35 PM   |  #1048  
Flag Monterey Park

885 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by buresh.kevin

My phone is stuck in a boot loop. I installed the rom, rebooted it. Installed some apps, restored Titanium back info, rebooted and it's stuck at the miui boot screen...

think you need to format data partition also.

9th March 2012, 11:37 PM   |  #1049  
Thanks Meter: 6

352 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drancid

think you need to format data partition also.

If you are talking about before installing it I did. I just wiped the rom and am starting over.
9th March 2012, 11:40 PM   |  #1050  
Flag Monterey Park

885 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by buresh.kevin

If you are talking about before installing it I did. I just wiped the rom and am starting over.

Yeah.. wipe cache, system also data partition before flashing rom.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
miui4, weui
Previous Thread Next Thread