Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,635 Members 53,052 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][ICS] WeUI v2.0 (Updated: 8/2/2012) (MIUI4)

Tip us?

drancid
Old
(Last edited by drancid; 9th March 2012 at 12:30 AM.)
Thanks Meter 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by b-eock View Post
That makes no sense to use two apps when one has ALL THE FEATURES of the other and more. The app doesn't decide whether or not your phone is more stable on different voltages. It is the voltage and the voltage only. So use the recommended app *NSTOOLS* to do everything in swoop...
Yeah.. i know they do same work but i just feel like controlling voltage with voltage control is more stable to me. i don't know why.. for an example, i used to give 850 mv for 100 and 200 mhz on GB MIUI with voltage control app, and it was pretty stable. had no issue at all.. but had random reboots and sod, cod on ICS MIUI at the same voltage settings with nstools even tho i didn't oc at all. I had to give 925 mv for 100 and 200 mhz and 25 mv more for each other cpu steps to avoid those issues.
Therefore, i decided to try voltage control app again for UV and now i can give them lower voltage again with no issues so far(using 3 days so far).
i don't know if it is like that only for me but that's what i got.
Yeah.. i'm not a pro but just wanted to share my exp tho.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA

b-eock
Old
Thanks Meter 1417

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by drancid View Post
Yeah.. i know they do same work but i just feel like controlling voltage with voltage control is more stable to me. i don't know why.. for an example, i used to give 850 mv for 100 and 200 mhz on GB MIUI with voltage control app, and it was pretty stable. had no issue at all.. but had random reboots and sod, cod on ICS MIUI at the same voltage settings with nstools even tho i didn't oc at all. I had to give 925 mv for 100 and 200 mhz and 25 mv more for each other cpu steps to avoid those issues.
Therefore, i decided to try voltage control app again for UV and now i can give them lower voltage again with no issues so far(using 3 days so far).
i don't know if it is like that only for me but that's what i got.
Yeah.. i'm not a pro but just wanted to share my exp tho.

Yahh I used to UV like crazy on GM MIUI. But this is ICS. There are more resources needed to keep the phone running. Which is why you can't UV as much... So I stand by my point.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium

If you don't read the forum, why should the forum read you?

PHONE: Samsung GT-I9300 and Samsung Captivate Build #1012

MobileTechVideos USB Port repair!
Adam Outler for UB Mod
Conexxion2005(Josh) from MTV
The Following User Says Thank You to b-eock For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

drancid
Old
Thanks Meter 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by b-eock View Post
Yahh I used to UV like crazy on GM MIUI. But this is ICS. There are more resources needed to keep the phone running. Which is why you can't UV as much... So I stand by my point.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium
oh.. I didn't know that point... this is why i said i'm not a pro.. lol. thanks for the info man! I'll keep my settings for a while and will report back if something happened!

The Following User Says Thank You to drancid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Vlaaaad
Old
Thanks Meter 8
ROM is very unstable. It works a week or more and after that phone is freezing on boot. Only FULL Wipe helps

nightshack0
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 958

DONATE TO ME
Test version will be released today, hope people can test it out.
BTW, you can join #weui at IRC if you have questions, suggestions or anything: http://webchat.freenode.net/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlaaaad View Post
ROM is very unstable. It works a week or more and after that phone is freezing on boot. Only FULL Wipe helps
Hope the new test version will make all the bugs and instability to disappear, we'll see.
I've been running the ROM for a week and don't have any of the problems reported except signal display bug, even Permission Manager was working for me, which is strange
The Following User Says Thank You to nightshack0 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

disellusional
Old
Thanks Meter 66
io don't have many problems either

buresh.kevin
Old
Thanks Meter 6
My phone is stuck in a boot loop. I installed the rom, rebooted it. Installed some apps, restored Titanium back info, rebooted and it's stuck at the miui boot screen...

drancid
Old
Thanks Meter 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by buresh.kevin View Post
My phone is stuck in a boot loop. I installed the rom, rebooted it. Installed some apps, restored Titanium back info, rebooted and it's stuck at the miui boot screen...
think you need to format data partition also.

buresh.kevin
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by drancid View Post
think you need to format data partition also.

If you are talking about before installing it I did. I just wiped the rom and am starting over.

drancid
Old
Thanks Meter 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by buresh.kevin View Post
If you are talking about before installing it I did. I just wiped the rom and am starting over.
Yeah.. wipe cache, system also data partition before flashing rom.

Tags
miui4, weui