OP Adi_Pat

26th December 2011, 01:38 PM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 3,601

1,210 posts
Donate to Me
More
This is for all those who have soft bricked their phone, if you are experiencing a bootloop or some other problem here is a detailed guide how to get your phone back to working condition. If your phone is not entering download mode or recovery mode and even if a USB jig is not possible or not working.... This is the guide for you-I do not know whether this will work in all situations but you could still try it if you have no other alternative. The Galaxy SL has a hard reset button between the camera lens and the speaker... DO AT YOUR OWN RISK!

1)Open the back over
2)Check between the Camera Lens and the speaker
3) There is a hard reset button which is a small cavity
4) You will need two people for this.. Keep that cavity pressed with a pin
5) Keeping it pressed use the download mode combo- Volume down + Home + Power pressed.
6)Wait and try it a couple of times and your phone will enter download mode
7)Flash to a stock firmware

Also thanks to sakindia123 for giving me a suggestion of making a thread on this ...

Hit the THANKS button if it helped you !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image0365.jpg
Views:	16927
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	830036  
Last edited by Adi_Pat; 26th December 2011 at 01:56 PM.
The Following 42 Users Say Thank You to Adi_Pat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th December 2011, 07:08 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Solapur, Maharashtra
Thanks Meter: 1,722

3,315 posts
More
thanx buddy for this info
27th December 2011, 07:31 AM   |  #3  
Flag Mumbai

1,210 posts
Donate to Me
More
Ya sure !

Sent from my GT I9003 using XDA app-
Galaxy SL
CF Root
XXKPH
Cranium Rom V.3.1
The Following User Says Thank You to Adi_Pat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th February 2012, 02:00 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1

1 posts
Unhappy All trials failed
Hello,
after i've updated my Galaxy S GT-I9003 with an official Rom JPKPE Gingerbread 2.3.6, and after rebooting, it stucked at bootloop, i've tried everything suggested on web and forums, and lastly your solution, with no benefit.

the problem i noticed that when i press on wipe data/factory reset in recovery mode it tells me :

-- Wiping data...
Formatting /data...
Formatting /dbdata...

E:format_volume: rfs format failed on /dev/block/stl10

Formatting /cache...
Data wipe complete.

so, is the corruption of the format volume rfs that causes the issue of bootloop
and is this a soft brick of the phone, or hard brick, could it be solved or the phone is dead?

i tried rooting it with CF-Root and bagaria.
if i converted the format to ext4, will that solve the issue.
if so, what are the steps to do that and from where can i get the software that i'll convert by

Note: i've started updating with the XXKPQ ROM putting the PIT file then i downloaded the JPKPE after i issued that problem of bootloop

another Question, is it right that i update with the PID file only knowing that i couldn't find any other files for phone and CSC for this version.

Hope any body could help me to get my phone to life again.
Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to rizo99 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th February 2012, 02:29 PM   |  #5  
Flag Dehradun
Thanks Meter: 227

718 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rizo99

Hello,
after i've updated my Galaxy S GT-I9003 with an official Rom JPKPE Gingerbread 2.3.6, and after rebooting, it stucked at bootloop, i've tried everything suggested on web and forums, and lastly your solution, with no benefit.

the problem i noticed that when i press on wipe data/factory reset in recovery mode it tells me :

-- Wiping data...
Formatting /data...
Formatting /dbdata...

Formatting /cache...
Data wipe complete.

so, is the corruption of the format volume rfs that causes the issue of bootloop
and is this a soft brick of the phone, or hard brick, could it be solved or the phone is dead?

if so, what are the steps to do that and from where can i get the software that i'll convert by

Note: i've started updating with the XXKPQ ROM putting the PIT file then i downloaded the JPKPE after i issued that problem of bootloop

another Question, is it right that i update with the PID file only knowing that i couldn't find any other files for phone and CSC for this version.

Thanks

First flash xxkpe
then kpq (or jpkpe)
9th February 2012, 05:48 PM   |  #6  
Flag Mumbai

1,210 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rizo99

Hello,

-- Wiping data...
Formatting /data...
Formatting /dbdata...

Formatting /cache...
Data wipe complete.

Thanks

Your phone still enters recovery mode right.. and Enter into Download mode and Flash XXKPE with latona.pit .. then see if it boots up correctly.. then flash XXKPQ...
11th February 2012, 04:26 PM   |  #7  
Flag Coronel
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
Bricked Phone
Hi, I tried your method, but I couldn't enter downloading. I was flashing a stock rom and after flashing the latona, I stupidily forgot to reboot my phone in downloading and I flashed the stock rom with the phone off...then I was not able to enter downloading...does anybody know some possible solution?

P.S. I know it was really stupid :/

I recovered my phone!!! thanks to this post http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1486616 Thank you all devs and xda...you don't know how I love you at this moment
Last edited by The__Ripper; 11th February 2012 at 05:04 PM.
11th February 2012, 05:04 PM   |  #8  
Flag Dehradun
Thanks Meter: 227

718 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by The__Ripper

Hi, I tried your method, but I couldn't enter downloading. I was flashing a stock rom and after flashing the latona, I stupidily forgot to reboot my phone in downloading and I flashed the stock rom with the phone off...then I was not able to enter downloading...does anybody know some possible solution?

how were you able to flash anything if phone was switched off
12th February 2012, 01:00 AM   |  #9  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 704

2,459 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by The__Ripper

I recovered my phone!!! thanks to this post http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1486616 Thank you all devs and xda...you don't know how I love you at this moment

Yea exactly what devilhell said. Its impossible to hardbrick your phone technically if you haven't flashed any bootloader on it.

Cheers

Sent from my GT-i9003 powered by MIUI
14th February 2012, 07:16 AM   |  #10  
Flag Mumbai

1,210 posts
Donate to Me
More
As long as your boot partition and recovery partition is not corrupted your phone is recoverable. If boot partition is corrupt your phone will not boot. So as long as your phone boots it is recoverable.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using XDA App

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread