Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,758 Members 46,378 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][24 Feb] IceCreamSandwich Development/Discussion Thread

Tip us?

rukin5197
Old
Thanks Meter 813

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKid2 View Post
Hi,

I have checked two of my cm7 kindles, and both seem to scale properly while connected to secure network. How are you checking cpu scaling at idle, under network load etc?
I checked mine with browser active but no real traffic on wireless device.

I loaded app from app store to check cpu, is there somewhere in cm7 that displays info
without third party app?

Thanks
Dont know if this will help, but i use the app setcpu to check my cpu rankings. But CM7 has also incorporated cpu settings into Settings>Cyanogenmod Settings>Performance settings>Cpu Settings
Just food for thought

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

fulvi3tto
Old
Thanks Meter 2
flashed ICS but Market doesnt' work, it says there is no internet connection but this isn't true, googleframework crashes everytime i open market and even if i don't open it.
I tryed to install Face Detect but i says application not installed, i cannot mount sdcard, i will make some more tests and restore CM7.
Anyway thank you for your awesome work devs.

flamingBurrito
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Is the Trebuchet launcher not supposed to have a dock like the phones do?

THalladay
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulvi3tto View Post
flashed ICS but Market doesnt' work, it says there is no internet connection but this isn't true, googleframework crashes everytime i open market and even if i don't open it.
Are you using the Google Apps from CM7 / pre-ICS install? Or are you using the ICS Google Apps that are linked in the OP? I had problems with Market when I was still using the leftover market. But I re-loaded ICS + the ICS Google Apps, and it works well now.
The Following User Says Thank You to THalladay For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fulvi3tto
Old
(Last edited by fulvi3tto; 27th December 2011 at 07:32 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by THalladay View Post
Are you using the Google Apps from CM7 / pre-ICS install? Or are you using the ICS Google Apps that are linked in the OP? I had problems with Market when I was still using the leftover market. But I re-loaded ICS + the ICS Google Apps, and it works well now.
probably is that the problem, anyway i will flash CM7 back as i experienced a big error with the KF, more infos here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...4#post20738934

bl1nkk
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 391

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingBurrito View Post
Is the Trebuchet launcher not supposed to have a dock like the phones do?
It's not supposed to have a dock

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk
Press if I helped you.

PePPaZ
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Just a quick but important thought, if USB host and storage works for ics, can be we plug in a USB thumb drive or external micro sd to expand the storage to 32gb or so? sorry if I missed that part of the dev phase. I don't even care if there is a small dongle in the USB port as long as I can bring movies and shows with me beyond the cloud and internal storage.

GS3
ROM: Stock (until CM10 is finished!)
Kernel: Stock

bborror
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKid2 View Post
Hi,

I have checked two of my cm7 kindles, and both seem to scale properly while connected to secure network. How are you checking cpu scaling at idle, under network load etc?
I checked mine with browser active but no real traffic on wireless device.

I loaded app from app store to check cpu, is there somewhere in cm7 that displays info
without third party app?

Thanks
I'm using setcpu to see if the CPU scales at idle. If you open the application the current CPU speed is displayed at the top. I will watch top in adb shell while changing wifi settings in a bit and report my findings. I personally hope this is all a fluke

Sent from my DROIDX using xda premium

jutley
Old
Thanks Meter 305
Is there going to be a official alpha release or update?
Device 1 LG G3 D855 16gb Gold stock
Device 2 Google Nexus 2013 32gb rooted Developer L preview 2 rom
Device 3 IPad air 16gb silver (jailbroken pandu)
Device 4 Nvidia shield stock 4.4.2
Device 5 Dell Alienware M17 R5 16gb ram, I7 4700mq R9 M290X 4gb.

bborror
Old
Thanks Meter 0
So after watching top it seems that nothing is putting demand on the cpu to force it to scale up...

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda premium