Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,883 Members 41,860 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Ics] unofficial cm9 by jokersax 8/23/2012

Tip us?

jokersax11
Old
(Last edited by jokersax11; 24th August 2012 at 01:48 PM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 7,047

DONATE TO ME
Default [Ics] unofficial cm9 by jokersax 8/23/2012

This Kanged CM9 Alpha build is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.0 (ICS), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
 **Disclaimer** * these are alphas so understand that means things are broken * * I am not part of the Cyanogenmod Team * * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. * Change Logs Disabled during alpha, please read thread.

Stages

* Alpha- means something major is broken. Goal is to get major stuff working

* Beta- means little things are still broke but most big stuff is fixed. Goal to clean up code and fix little issues so we can submit to cm to become official

* Stable- official cm rom.

* After stable- tweaking, Also adding features.
CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 9 to the Motorola Photon 4G?, or coming from another ROM?
  1. Root the Photon.
  2. Unlock the Bootloader.
  3. Flash the recovery on my site in cwm
  4. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
  5. Flash This ROM.
  6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 9?
  1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
  2. Flash CyanogenMod.
  3. Flash gapps.

Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
  • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
  • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
  • Please use Pastebin when possible.

Download Links:

ROM: Link
Quote:
Latest version: check site
Gapps: Link
Quote:
Latest version: check site
Other

New touch based installer at jokersax.com no more confusing wipes or methods of flashing.

Credits:
Quote:
joxersax11 -King Kollaborator iservin -Wiki Master cybik xboxfanj turl shabbypenguin ebbinger_413 sky24987 DethMetalz69 cougarcougar Focus.lau mrinehart93 Cyanogenmod Team koush/romracer/calkulin - 5027pre3 Recovery shabbypenguin - AIO Root the2dcour - Unlocked bootloader ranmasaotome510 - updated OP

The Photon dev team and turl would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
Like my work donate via the donate button
The Following 237 Users Say Thank You to jokersax11 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Kevets
Old
Thanks Meter 101
Mighty ambitious but good luck!

I'm sure many will offer their help.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kevets For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

FrameCityJackal
Old
Thanks Meter 212
I've been playing with a serious Alpha of cm9 on the thunderbolt. Thanks you Lau
Help me pay off my student loans please
http://www.gofundme.com/8hr6jc
The Following User Says Thank You to FrameCityJackal For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Lancerz
Old
Thanks Meter 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokersax11 View Post
first of all thank focus.lau

http://bbs.189store.com/forum.php?mo...tra=#pid511942

this will start off using his version. eventually i will get source downloaded(hopefully today), and ill begin getting all the bugs worked out.

this version was provided by focus.lau, i modified it to make it semi usable. 99% of the credit to this point is all focus.lau! i simply fixed a few issues preventing boot up using stateside photons. it can be modified in the same way miui was by adding parts from this and that and getting alittle more function.

my plans are to get cm9 source downloaded and find time to bang out all the necessaries to get cm9 fully working. its going to be a long road but we gots the cm9 before 2012!

currently uploading/fixing data/phone
Joker, you are da man!
The Following User Says Thank You to Lancerz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Custodian
Old
Thanks Meter 346
On the ball joker!! Thanks!!

Sent from my MB855 using XDA App

jokersax11
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 7,047

DONATE TO ME
ok i gotta get some sleep, cm9 source issues are now resolved so i should be able to start building in a day or so.

i this modified this build so it wasnt in chinese and so it would flash on our photons with our recoveries.

you guys can tweak and mod and try to get this build going all you want. im uploading so be patient if its not there yet.

have fun.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to jokersax11 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

FrameCityJackal
Old
Thanks Meter 212
The op is questionable

Posts by wdl900 edited on 2011-12-27 20:36

Pro: you are still not official 4.0 for the news of trouble? You still waiting for official cm9 it? ? Tell you that from today you do not have to wait, now let you taste the taste of 4.0, because we do a large egg, ha ha, did not ask you served? I was served, and sincerely thank the selfless dedication of the egg show! !
Since there is no official version of the kernel, this release is trial version, not the complete version, but it was enough, because we have taken a historic moment Egg a ~~~~~~~~~~~
Special thanks to XDA here on FXP, CM team, as well as Pharaoh, show video, the child generation to the show, and all who support the show eggs, axes have you even more exciting! ! !
The version of the source code is compiled based on cm9, moto photon official kernel, version experience, as well as imperfections ~ ~ ~ ~
Note: This version of the version to be perfect in CM7, based on the upgrade (7.2 to be a perfect version of the first brush, brush after the first restart, and then transferred to recovery under the brush CM9) brush cm9 card before, do not wipe, otherwise the phone will FC, we remember ah, as to the issue of FC, eggs will be perfect after the show, we can support a ~~~~~

Kovyrshin
Old
Thanks Meter 8
That's really interesing. Going to flash it before 2012.

Can anyone provide info about things that work and that don't?

dxl880517
Old
Thanks Meter 23
I have to say, Chinese are great!! LOL, I have flashed this rom, the biggist problema are camera and sd card, and games often fcs, most of the time they cannot be opened at all, but it's a gaint step towards cm9. I appreciate your and those developers' work very much. together we can build our perfect cm9. I am testing it right now.

The Following User Says Thank You to dxl880517 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

FrameCityJackal
Old
Thanks Meter 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxl880517 View Post
I have to say, Chinese are great!! LOL, I have flashed this rom, the biggist problema are camera and sd card, and games often fcs, most of the time they cannot be opened at all, but it's a gaint step towards cm9. I appreciate your and those developers' work very much. together we can build our perfect cm9. I am testing it right now.

Whats wrong with the sd card and have you tried a 3rd party camera app?

Tags
atrix, awesome club, beta, better than sex, cheater, cm9, cyanogenmod 9, droidtweak.com, goldfish, great rom, i drink your milkshake, i love ice cream, icecreammypants4icecreamsandwich, ics, joker is a beast, kilroy was here, location set by green men, motorola electrify, motorola photon, my phone is cooler than yours, redbull gives u wings