[ROM][Feb 6 2012] Pyr-o-Ice ICS 1.0.2 (Android 4.0.3,AOSPish desensed)|Cam&Camcorder
This is a thread for a Deprecated version of Pyorice ICS Desensed. SMS problem is no longer present in the newer versions so you might as well switch to that.
Pyr-o-Ice ICS 1.0.1 stable for HTC Doubleshot aka myTouch4GSlide
A Pyramid HTC ICS ROM conversion based on the leaked ROMs ports by RCTeam and RMK @ virtuous (Virtuous Inquisition). http://www.virtuousrom.com/
ICS AOSP 4.0.3 apps/gapps
/ Nova launcher beta 10 on htc's pyramid ICS framework and kornyone's HTC doubleshot kernel. ICS gapps preinstalled
. It retains some of the aspects of the Sense base: most notably Caller Screen. Also using HTC Camera app
(aosp doesnt work to full extent with the HTC libs that this ROM bases on).
Kernel with tun, encryption and cifs support.
FLASH IT AT YOUR OWN RISK! YOU MIGHT BRICK YOUR PHONE! (I DID NOT, BUT BE WARNED!)
0., Use latest CWM recovery and be S-off
1., Copy to SDcard
2., Full wipe needed
3., install the zip
4., After first boot, let the media scan (music) settle to fill your music apps and galleries, and read the TRICKS part below for useful tips.
5., Read this first post all through for a lot of information that might come handy!!
Stable, most stuff works with the known limitations, and it runs stable.
WARNING: DON'T SELECT System Settings / Wireless&networks More / Tethering&Portable Hotspot / Portable WIFI-Hotspot!!! It will freeze/reboot in cycle your phone!!! Use Barnacle + OpenGarden wifit tethering market apps instead, it works.
- DON'T TRY 1080p or MMS size in Video recording please, it doesnt work, and after it will make exit the Camera app when you try to take picture. If you did, a Reboot will fix it
Check "NOT works and What works part" and changelogs in second post, if theres any new versions later.
Credit goes to them for the base, and RMK for creatng a desensed, AOSP looking ROM.
Thank you RCTeam, rmk and Virtuous team! http://www.virtuousrom.com/
Kernel is based on Kornyione's kernel and kernel tree of romanbb. Credit goes to him for his masterwork. Thank you, Kornyone!
Also to romanbb for his OC/UV kernel tree on github. Thanks!
nebkat for Trebuchet
I've done additional tweaks to the pyramid libraries let the ROM work with WiFi, keyboard, lights, camera(photo) etc and a big heap of kernel testing.
This is my first ROM development, took a heap of time to tweak the ROM, a lot of trial and error, a heap of kernel debug and configuration, and some AOSP source code hacking went in.
- Call voice, SMS
- MMS sending/receiving (recommended app is handcent sms for that, works perfect, aosp one is buggy)
- Keyboard, hw keyboard rotation, softkeyboard when slided back
(with SW jpeg encoding, gemini off!), tap focus, 8MPx, HTC camera app included for that
- Camcorder up to 720
(1080p doesnt work)
- SMP architecture (Scoring ~47 FPS on nenamark2 here on stock speed)
- Mobile data
- Bluetooth (at least i've tested BT stereo audio and avrc, its not working with all the devices as its been reported)
- Gapps preinstalled (all works, gtalks video chat works!)
- GPS partially works if SIM card is in, but not the compass!
- youtube app
- FM radio
- Keyboard light, cycle though brightness setting if it doesn't trigger at firdt!
- tethering works with OpenGarden! (read TIPS -- doesnt work: the HTC or built-in tethering) GUIDE: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=564
- Notification led
- Data usage stats for mobile data
- Face unlocking (System Settings/Security/Screen lock)
- Google Music ICS, streaming
- wired/bt Headset buttons (wired buttons work only with Music apps, not on the call screen)
- usb storage, works only in an automatic way,and YOU NEED TO RUN A SCRIPT, check here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=328
, or use a commercial app from market (look for dual mount sd)
- native screenshot (press Power and VolDown exactly at the same time for 3 seconds!)
- built-in spell checking (GAPPS 4.0.3 LatinIME is now good)
- wired Headset buttons when calling and in music apps
- All sensors
- bluetooth tethering
- supports audio output to tv through jack-avc cable with my soon to be released bruteforce tvout app ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcAiX...O_Oul-CMi8yp3A
- If you dont use a specific CallerID app, with the default HTC caller id screen, you will have to unlock your phone first to see who is calling.
- WiFi calling
- Facebook full sync: you HAVE to manually merge contacts, no other way known so far
- Slide lock screen: touching anywhere unlocks, even if you dont slide it. (workaround use a pattern unlock, or custom locker )
- Caller screen and dialer buttons would need a resize, but ATM i cannot recompile those apks, i couldnt find a way yet
DEVELOPMENT FURTHER: NO ETAs
This is a call for other devs for help. Mostly these issues:
- etc., bugs
- wifi calling
I don't have a lot of time for developing stuff!
No ETAs on my side, don't ask for it. If things get resolved by me or other devs here, I'll update.
To quote myself on my intentions:
I must admit that as far as devving goes, im only willing to develop stuff that bothers me in my rom that i use on my phone... i have very little time for this, and i do this mostly to have ICS on my phone. So don't count on me releasing other ROMs than this, or ironing all the bugs. I love to have ICS on this doubleshot beast, but rarely will i fix something that doesnt bother my daily usage.
I'm updating new things on @illespal http://twitter.com/illespal
follow it there,
TRICKS HOW TO USE THIS ROM:
- If you're having trouble with occasional screen blackouts, please consider trying this:
Download Android Terminal Emulator from market. Start it, and type:
# echo -n 15 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/ondemand/up_threshold
- Screen on (trackpad wake replacement):
you can press Power button, but the Menu and Back button will also wake the phone (not the trackpad yet, to be fixed in keylayout/keychar).
- Wifi tethering
: read this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=564
will be scanned only on the second boot after fresh install normally, so Music apps will see your music on the second time. After that works as it should.
symbols key doesn't work, when set in keylayout it makes home button useless and doesn't work itself. Use Alt + Space instead (thx overhauling for the tip)
- Facebook sync
: seems it doesn't switch off when you switch the global sync off, go into app instead and switch it off there.
- Forced 2d GPU related info (apps too small sized)
Also, Forcing GPU Rendering under development options may cause some apps to go crazy and show up super, super small (They won't even fit on 1/3 of the screen). But disabling this option makes them go back to normal.... You could observe these effects on the "WordMate" app (And other similar ones).
- Caller ID when incoming call needs screen unlocking
- Full Screen Caller ID Lite from market can help the problem, it will override the lock screen.
Some applications did not work correctly for me, it crashes. If you can get Logcat of the crash posted here in this thread, that could be useful, tho I can't promise I'll
take care of them, but eventually if I or other devs have time it might be very usuful to have logcats.
BATTERY LIFE - CALIBRATION
- User experience,(thx overhauling and dillalade)
About too fast drain:
I had a similar issue until I recalibrated my battery.
Anker 1900mah, setCPU and this ROM:
Yesterday/Today achieved a full 30hours with anker. 1900mah.
But I did setup setcpu with some very very stingy profiles... Although it didn't seem to hinder performance much at all.
Nice.... Battery stats defo detail that screen is taking half of the battery consistantly (across all 4 of my ankers.)
Recalibration app on market: https://market.android.com/details?i...erycalibration
- Generally you'll have to charge to 100%, use this app and then do a few drain to around 0%, charge to 100% cycles.
If you are a dev and found something useful, post it please here. Thank you!
review by mcdeezy thx
(sensors working: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cxti9mZ2i5o
SCREENSHOT by st40611
(the fixes below in UPDATES (if there's any ATM) apply on this, dont forget to download them and flash after this installer, before first boot
If you like it, hit the Thanks button! Consider donation if you like what's provided here, it took a lot of time to get things work with doubleshot.
None since 1.0.2
AOSP status bar (system-ui) all credits to Shnizlon, thx
AOSP status bar with Battery percent Circle style all credits to Shnizlon, thx http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=2807
Sense based status bar, ICS blue icons with Extended Quick Settings tab http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1338
HTC Music with Beats settings, Courtesy of RMK40 and Virtuous team, made doubleshot pyroice rom installable:
- flash it, and use the HTC music app. There while playing press Menu, and look for Enhancement. Should work with 0.9.0 and above (1.0.0 and 1.0.1, 1.0.2)
Red theme http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1092
OC/UV kernels here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=866
for wifi tethering: barnacle tethering on market + https://market.android.com/details?id=android.tether
, BOTH needed, read here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=564
Just press Power + VolDwn exactly at the same time. If you want another way, look for Screenshot ER lite on market.
Notification pulldown power menu
Try widgetsoid 2.x from market. It can be personalized to show only in the Notification area (no widget), and color can be set to match the ICS blue. Very nice... Example shot: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1865
sdcard pc mounting with usb workaround (COSTS MONEY!I'm not affiliated with it, just mentioning)
this works with Pyr-O-Ice: https://market.android.com/details?i...ol.x.USB&hl=en
- mounting SDcard to PC and still can use it with the phone at the same time, and works flawlessly.... Also you can use a simple script instead the app: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=328
: market app to increase SD card read cache size. Speeds up SDCard read/write. Use at your own risk. https://market.android.com/details?i...mann.sdbooster
Jan-26-2012 - old 1.0.1: http://www.4shared.com/zip/JNLdRXOk/...e_ICS_101.html
Jan-25-2012 - old 1.0.0: http://www.4shared.com/zip/upKVAbvg/...e_ICS_100.html
Jan-20-2012 - old 0.9.1: http://www.4shared.com/zip/j_xGnNdJ/...e_ICS_091.html http://dev-host.org/3tbvd50uwwgr/pyr..._ICS_0.9.1.zip
Jan-10-2012 - old 0.3.0: http://www.multiupload.com/KE85LGVPF5
Dec-30-2011 - old 0.2.0: http://www.multiupload.com/F1QKN11WWC
Dec-25-2011 - old 0.1.0 version: http://www.multiupload.com/WCQ9JO4UER
I'm updating new things on @illespal http://twitter.com/illespal
follow it there,