No registration required

[Q] Android Group MMS/SMS

OP JoshJ22

27th December 2011, 10:10 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 12

63 posts
More
Do any of u guys know how to send a group MMS/SMS and have all of the responses show up in the same thread? I know that it is possible to send a group MMS by adding a period in the subject and sending it to multiple people, but the replies do not show up in the same thread; they show up in the individual responders threads. I know that it is possible since it works very well on the iPhone, so I was just hoping that it is also possible on Android and maybe I just haven't figured it out yet. IMO, it's an awesome feature, and seems like a simple feature to implement (I'm just guessing here as I have an almost non-existent knowledge of Android SMS/MMS protocols).

I came across this thread while looking for a solution, but all that was suggested is using other group chat like apps, that involve using data, and requiring the other parties involved to download a specific app.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=774990
28th December 2011, 10:30 PM   |  #2  
Flag Isabela, PR
Thanks Meter: 6

127 posts
Donate to Me
More
I have found multiple threads in different forums, all say the same. Use an app and ask everbody to use it... It seems that the Verizon Messages app does group messaging. I am with Sprint, so its not available for download to my phone.
28th December 2011, 10:49 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 12

63 posts
More
Yea, I'm on ATT so I also can't use it

Sent from my I897 using xda premium
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
goup sms, group mms, group text, mms, sms
Previous Thread Next Thread