- Download SystemUI.apk
- Make sure /system is remounted R/W. This can be done with Root Explorer or ES File Explorer. If you get a "Read-only filesystem" error this is the step you missed.
- Replace /system/app/SystemUI.apk with the downloaded one.
At this point it is normal for the status bar to disappear. If it starts Force Closing repeatedly, pasting again should stop it so that you can continue to fix the permissions.
- Make sure the file is owned by the root user and group.
- Make sure the permissions of the file are 644, or read, write for user and read for group and other.
- Reboot and enjoy!
- No more QuickNav bar when you press the n button
- n button acts like a standard Home button
- Permanent back and menu buttons