Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,471 Members 42,000 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[CMC-GUI] [DAILY] [PPA] Cyanogenmod Compiler Daily [Depreciated]

Tip us?

lithid-cm
Old
(Last edited by lithid-cm; 2nd January 2012 at 01:50 AM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 2963
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingblue8z View Post
That worked like a charm. Ran ./android and installed the platform-tools, ADB is functioning perfectly with my G2x in VirtualBox. But now it seems your git is being hammered...

[EDIT] Nevermind, it just worked... Left the error in here so I will know what this means in the future.

Code:
matt@android-dev:~$ git clone https://github.com/lithid/CMC.git
Cloning into CMC...
error: RPC failed; result=22, HTTP code = 504
fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly
Or am I just assuming?
Yea thats usually what it means.

You can also get the latest stuff in zip format from this link.
https://github.com/lithid/CMC/zipball/master

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

Quote:
Choosy moms choose JIF, the others JFIO
Twitter | Google Plus | Scripts | Github | AOSCompiler

flamingblue8z
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Yep, worked and I was able to extract files from the G2x. Question, though, with the option 3 to extract the files from the G2x, why is it when I went to start compiling CM, it extracted them again? It's the same device, lge/p999 at the bottom. Just seemed odd that I had already done it with option 3, and then upon selecting option 8, it extracted them again. *shrug* It's going along pretty well, though I see lots of warnings and errors related to individual files in the compile. It hasn't stopped once, though, still pegging my CPUs, so I guess those errors and warnings aren't serious? They're usually "invalid syntax used" or something of that nature, with a suggestion given. IDK, I know it's most likely not anything you have control of, guess the nature of the CM source being constantly updated makes for an interesting build because some things work and some don't, and that is dynamically changed when updates are uploaded to the repo? This is my first time ever compiling from source, so excuse my n00b-ish nature. I have pretty much learned everything using XDA over the years, and never truly understood much of what goes on in compiling code from source. I just know it's a resource-intensive process, which hopefully my 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo handles in at least a reasonable amount of time. You did mention ICS is available as well, compiling it I guess requires some sort of updated "stuff" to target specific devices that CM as of yet doesn't support? I noticed also in the past posts that you mentioned ICS source downloads with the repo sync, so changing to compiling for CM9 when it does become available for the G2x will be as simple as a repo update and changing from GB to ICS in the Setup Repo options? Will a whole new full sync be necessary?

Sorry for so many questions. I promise, these are my last ones for a while. My roommates want to play CoD Black Ops.
Current devices:
T-Mobile HTC One S (rooted stock 4.0.3)
Motorola Xoom wifi (rooted stock 4.0.4)
T-Mobile HTC HD7 (unmodified)

Retired T-Mobile branded devices:
T-Mobile G2x LG P999 (rooted v21y 2.3.4)
T-Mobile G2 (rooted stock 2.3.4)
Samsung Vibrant
Blackberry Bold 9700
T-Mobile myTouch 3G (32B Magic)
T-Mobile G1
T-Mobile HTC TouchPro II (Stock 6.5)
T-Mobile Wing (HTC Herald) (Just2Clean 6.1)
T-Mobile MDA (HTC Wizard) was running 6.0

intangibleDroid
Old
Thanks Meter 590
Quote:
That worked like a charm. Ran ./android and installed the platform-tools, ADB is functioning perfectly with my G2x in VirtualBox. But now it seems your git is being hammered...

[EDIT] Nevermind, it just worked... Left the error in here so I will know what this means in the future.

Code:
matt@android-dev:~$ git clone https://github.com/lithid/CMC.git
Cloning into CMC...
error: RPC failed; result=22, HTTP code = 504
fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly
Or am I just assuming?
I got it working using git:// instead of https://

Not sure if that helps anyone.

lithid-cm
Old
Thanks Meter 2963
Quote:
Yep, worked and I was able to extract files from the G2x. Question, though, with the option 3 to extract the files from the G2x, why is it when I went to start compiling CM, it extracted them again? It's the same device, lge/p999 at the bottom. Just seemed odd that I had already done it with option 3, and then upon selecting option 8, it extracted them again. *shrug* It's going along pretty well, though I see lots of warnings and errors related to individual files in the compile. It hasn't stopped once, though, still pegging my CPUs, so I guess those errors and warnings aren't serious? They're usually "invalid syntax used" or something of that nature, with a suggestion given. IDK, I know it's most likely not anything you have control of, guess the nature of the CM source being constantly updated makes for an interesting build because some things work and some don't, and that is dynamically changed when updates are uploaded to the repo? This is my first time ever compiling from source, so excuse my n00b-ish nature. I have pretty much learned everything using XDA over the years, and never truly understood much of what goes on in compiling code from source. I just know it's a resource-intensive process, which hopefully my 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo handles in at least a reasonable amount of time. You did mention ICS is available as well, compiling it I guess requires some sort of updated "stuff" to target specific devices that CM as of yet doesn't support? I noticed also in the past posts that you mentioned ICS source downloads with the repo sync, so changing to compiling for CM9 when it does become available for the G2x will be as simple as a repo update and changing from GB to ICS in the Setup Repo options? Will a whole new full sync be necessary?

Sorry for so many questions. I promise, these are my last ones for a while. My roommates want to play CoD Black Ops.
I created the option to extract-files.sh only because after the compile is finished I have it checking for files deleted. For example. If you check remove languages option. It will create a file ~/.CMC_DELETED_FILES in this file is a path and name of what was changed. In order to not break the repo in anyway I have it removing the path that was edited for me to remove the languages. If that path is in that file then it remove that path. At the end of the compile it will do another repo sync to put the original files back in place. While this isn't the best way to do this. Its the easiest. I plan on creating a backup folder where i backup files that were edited then restore them after the compile. That is a little more complex and something I am working on as well as a decent aosp plugin. I hope I helped answered some questions for you.

About the warnings and such while building. That's the nature of the beast. It also depends on the build tool versions, os version etc. etc.

In order to switch to ics, you will need to remove the GB branch repo and redo everything for ics.

Quote:

flamingblue8z
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Gotcha, very good lessons learned. The build just finished 5 minutes or so ago, and this is the last bit of it...

Code:
Optimizing LatinIME.apk...
Zipping package...
Signing package...
Cleaning up...

Package complete: /home/matt/Development/CM-GB/out/target/product/p999/update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-G2x-KANG-signed.zip
ab0f05ba1042cd8b27eb0ff0976c1959  update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-G2x-KANG-signed.zip

/home/matt/CMC/tools/f/compile_functions: line 431: [: : integer expression expected
With that last line of code, I'm guessing it will help you out, but hopefully has no bearing on whether or not I can flash that zip file? I was dumped back to the main menu, as I guess is to be expected since the compile completed. I'll find where the latest GApps are and download them, flash em, and see how this works out. I just want to prove whether or not it's possible for me to compile my own ROM, so far it seems I just was able to, thanks to your tool. It sure did take a while though, I'll have to see if I can figure out how long it took overall. The best part is that you will have AOSP available via plugin. That is going to make your tool a VERY hot commodity for amateur devs. Hopefully an explosion of ROMs based on AOSP will come from this. It's a very exciting time, and I really wanna thank you for your dedication and hard work.
Current devices:
T-Mobile HTC One S (rooted stock 4.0.3)
Motorola Xoom wifi (rooted stock 4.0.4)
T-Mobile HTC HD7 (unmodified)

Retired T-Mobile branded devices:
T-Mobile G2x LG P999 (rooted v21y 2.3.4)
T-Mobile G2 (rooted stock 2.3.4)
Samsung Vibrant
Blackberry Bold 9700
T-Mobile myTouch 3G (32B Magic)
T-Mobile G1
T-Mobile HTC TouchPro II (Stock 6.5)
T-Mobile Wing (HTC Herald) (Just2Clean 6.1)
T-Mobile MDA (HTC Wizard) was running 6.0

lithid-cm
Old
(Last edited by lithid-cm; 2nd January 2012 at 04:22 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2963
Quote:
Gotcha, very good lessons learned. The build just finished 5 minutes or so ago, and this is the last bit of it...

Code:
Optimizing LatinIME.apk...
Zipping package...
Signing package...
Cleaning up...

Package complete: /home/matt/Development/CM-GB/out/target/product/p999/update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-G2x-KANG-signed.zip
ab0f05ba1042cd8b27eb0ff0976c1959  update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-G2x-KANG-signed.zip

/home/matt/CMC/tools/f/compile_functions: line 431: [: : integer expression expected
With that last line of code, I'm guessing it will help you out, but hopefully has no bearing on whether or not I can flash that zip file? I was dumped back to the main menu, as I guess is to be expected since the compile completed. I'll find where the latest GApps are and download them, flash em, and see how this works out. I just want to prove whether or not it's possible for me to compile my own ROM, so far it seems I just was able to, thanks to your tool. It sure did take a while though, I'll have to see if I can figure out how long it took overall. The best part is that you will have AOSP available via plugin. That is going to make your tool a VERY hot commodity for amateur devs. Hopefully an explosion of ROMs based on AOSP will come from this. It's a very exciting time, and I really wanna thank you for your dedication and hard work.
Yea the zip where package complete is at works. Its just my expression code erroring. Ill fix it.

Edit: Expressions fixed. Let me know how the flashing goes!

Quote:

1of16
Old
Thanks Meter 39
so...now i got some error while compiling...

Code:
/home/heinzelp/CMC/tools/f/compile_functions: Zeile 429: build/envsetup.sh: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
make: *** Keine Regel, um »installclean« zu erstellen.  Schluss.
/home/heinzelp/CMC/tools/f/compile_functions: Zeile 432: brunch: Kommando nicht gefunden.
There was an error while building.
-nePress \e[1;32menter\e[0m when you are ready to try again.

find: "out/target/common/docs/gen": Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden

make: *** Keine Regel vorhanden, um das Target »out/target/product/vision/obj/lib/libaudioalsa.so«, 
  benötigt von »out/target/product/vision/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libaudio_intermediates/LINKED/libaudio.so«, zu erstellen.  Schluss.
make: *** Warte auf noch nicht beendete Prozesse...
target StaticLib: liblsof (out/target/product/vision/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/liblsof_intermediates/liblsof.a)
target StaticLib: libc_nomalloc (out/target/product/vision/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libc_nomalloc_intermediates/libc_nomalloc.a)

lithid-cm
Old
Thanks Meter 2963
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1of16 View Post
so...now i got some error while compiling...

Code:
/home/heinzelp/CMC/tools/f/compile_functions: Zeile 429: build/envsetup.sh: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
make: *** Keine Regel, um »installclean« zu erstellen.  Schluss.
/home/heinzelp/CMC/tools/f/compile_functions: Zeile 432: brunch: Kommando nicht gefunden.

find: "out/target/common/docs/gen": Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden

make: *** Keine Regel vorhanden, um das Target »out/target/product/vision/obj/lib/libaudioalsa.so«, 
  benötigt von »out/target/product/vision/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libaudio_intermediates/LINKED/libaudio.so«, zu erstellen.  Schluss.
make: *** Warte auf noch nicht beendete Prozesse...
target StaticLib: liblsof (out/target/product/vision/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/liblsof_intermediates/liblsof.a)
target StaticLib: libc_nomalloc (out/target/product/vision/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libc_nomalloc_intermediates/libc_nomalloc.a)
What phone?

Quote:

1of16
Old
Thanks Meter 39
htc vision aka htc desire z

lithid-cm
Old
Thanks Meter 2963
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1of16 View Post
htc vision aka htc desire z
Maybe its not seeing what you are choosing. I don't know german so I can't sift through all the errors. But maybe there are issues because this was wrote in english and its getting a german response?

Quote:

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe