Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,480 Members 44,946 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[CMC-GUI] [DAILY] [PPA] Cyanogenmod Compiler Daily [Depreciated]

Tip us?

johnwayne007
Old
Thanks Meter 178
Quote:
---------- Post added at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

Just the SDK & SDK tools isn't enough. Assuming you've installed the tools mentioned in the second post, and you're on 64-bit Ubuntu (according to the Android source documentation, ICS requires 64-bit), then you're choosing something wrong. Are you trying to compile CM9 or AOSP ICS?

Oh I didnt know i needed 64bit Ubuntu, i got it redownloaded and am in the process of getting the tools and stuff re-downloaded and installed. I'll give it another try later tonight or tomorrow. I'll be compiling CM9 at least to start with.
Devices

ATT LG Optimus G (TwistedKat 2.4)
Asus Nexus 7 (Stock 4.4.2)

colonel_panic
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Hmm...SBF'd back to stock GB on my DX to get all the prop files, still a couple missing.....got farther on the build, but it still choked on one of the missing prop files. What to do?

GJSmith3rd
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Default Distcc - Distributed Compiler Support

Any plans to incorporate distributed compilers like Distcc? Is this something that can be done outside of and in combination with CMC?

I created a build of CyanogenMod 7 following the instructions on aorth's blog but the first build time took 4.5 hours with my hardware. This has proved to be somewhat discouraging and I haven't attempted to build since.

Distcc built in support could be very helpful for those of us with older hardware, unbearable build times and spare 64 bit boxes lying around.

bassgoonist
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Can anyone help me with this error during compiling? I've done this with 2 other people on their computers, and for some reason when I go to do it for myself it breaks...I'm certainly not a complete noob when it comes to linux...

target SharedLib: libc (out/target/product/supersonic/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libc_intermediates/LINKED/libc.so)
frameworks/base/core/res/res/values-el/strings.xml:434: error: Error parsing XML: not well-formed (invalid token)
make: *** [out/target/common/obj/APPS/framework-res_intermediates/src/R.stamp] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
Note: sdk/sdkmanager/libs/sdkuilib/src/com/android/sdkuilib/internal/widgets/AvdCreationDialog.java uses or overrides a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
There was an error while building.

ak_hepcat
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJSmith3rd View Post
Any plans to incorporate distributed compilers like Distcc? Is this something that can be done outside of and in combination with CMC?

I created a build of CyanogenMod 7 following the instructions on aorth's blog but the first build time took 4.5 hours with my hardware. This has proved to be somewhat discouraging and I haven't attempted to build since.

Distcc built in support could be very helpful for those of us with older hardware, unbearable build times and spare 64 bit boxes lying around.
I used the "remote" features of ADB to build on a separate box.

as long as the build box can talk to the phone over wireless, you can use ADB to connect via the network instead of via USB.

See my previous post on doing exactly this.
The Following User Says Thank You to ak_hepcat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lithid-cm
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 2963
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassgoonist View Post
Can anyone help me with this error during compiling? I've done this with 2 other people on their computers, and for some reason when I go to do it for myself it breaks...I'm certainly not a complete noob when it comes to linux...

target SharedLib: libc (out/target/product/supersonic/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libc_intermediates/LINKED/libc.so)
frameworks/base/core/res/res/values-el/strings.xml:434: error: Error parsing XML: not well-formed (invalid token)
make: *** [out/target/common/obj/APPS/framework-res_intermediates/src/R.stamp] Error 1
Note: sdk/sdkmanager/libs/sdkuilib/src/com/android/sdkuilib/internal/widgets/AvdCreationDialog.java uses or overrides a deprecated API.
Cool. Seems like a bad XML format

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

Quote:
Choosy moms choose JIF, the others JFIO
Twitter | Google Plus | Scripts | Github | AOSCompiler

ak_hepcat
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:

Do you have a different version of java installed on that box than on the other two?

bassgoonist
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ak_hepcat View Post
Do you have a different version of java installed on that box than on the other two?
I have several versions of the jdk install. open jdk6 and 7, and sun jdk6. I may not have installed them in the same order...

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by lithid-cm View Post
Cool. Seems like a bad XML format

Is that supposed to mean something to me?

lithid-cm
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 2963
Quote:
I have several versions of the jdk install. open jdk6 and 7, and sun jdk6. I may not have installed them in the same order...

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

Is that supposed to mean something to me?
Not sure

Quote:
Choosy moms choose JIF, the others JFIO
Twitter | Google Plus | Scripts | Github | AOSCompiler

bassgoonist
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lithid-cm View Post
Not sure

Haha, ok.Thanks. Either way I know it works great...so it must be something I did wrong. Thanks for making it

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe