Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

Micromax Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Nook tablet won't turn back on!?

OP DssTrainer

28th December 2011, 08:15 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 33

412 posts
More
So I used my nook tablet all day yesterday and this morning. I put it down to goto lunch.. came back and noticed my wifi was not on.. I checked settings and it showed "Wifi turning off" and it was grayed out and just stuck.

I've seen this before with other android devices so no biggie. I powered the unit off.

Now it won't turn back on. Holding the power button now for about 20 secs and nothing.
The battery is at like 80% and I even plugged it in to see if it helped but no good.

I did root it at 1.4.0 and used the Block OTA method with titanium backup but nobody else seems to have a problem.

Is there a way to boot in recovery or something ? Perhaps a trip back to B&N will be needed.
28th December 2011, 08:16 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 33

412 posts
More
Ok.. holding vol down + power for around 8 secs got it back on. Weird
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DssTrainer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th December 2011, 08:54 PM   |  #3  
Flag Wolfforth, TX
Thanks Meter: 299

334 posts
Donate to Me
i have noticed this a few times. Not sure why but never lost anything
29th December 2011, 12:35 AM   |  #4  
Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 26

252 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DssTrainer

His happened to me once and I don't know what I did to get it back on. Glad that I now know, thanks.

Sent from my rooted Nook Tablet.
29th December 2011, 05:04 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 2

38 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DssTrainer

I had a similar problem. I couldn't get the tablet to turn on. I discovered in a Kindle Fire forum that you could get the Fire to start when stuck in the off position by holding down the power button for 20 seconds. I tried that with my Nook and it started right up.
13th February 2012, 04:33 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Thank! That worked! I was having the same issue. Said Wifi was turning off and all went blank and couldn't reboot. You gave me the answer.

Cheers.
13th February 2012, 03:31 PM   |  #7  
Flag Upstate NY
Thanks Meter: 12

13 posts
More
I have had the wifi "turning off" issue. Rather than turn off the nook, I used the menu that you get with a long press of the power button when you install either ROM manager or titanium backup, can't remember which. It has rebooted every time without issue.
14th February 2012, 01:06 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 56

146 posts
Talking
The Wifi issue is a known problem. You can set the wifi to stay awake when on the charger and this problem wont happen. Add the power widget so that you can turn the wifi off when not connectwd to the charger. This combo fixes the wifi issue. When your Nook experiences a kernel error it will appear as if it is off but if you hold it at angle, you will notice backlight is on. Just hold nook button and power and it will turn off...then power to reboot rom.
14th February 2012, 01:30 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 113

490 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by C64assembly

The Wifi issue is a known problem. You can set the wifi to stay awake when on the charger and this problem wont happen. Add the power widget so that you can turn the wifi off when not connectwd to the charger. This combo fixes the wifi issue. When your Nook experiences a kernel error it will appear as if it is off but if you hold it at angle, you will notice backlight is on. Just hold nook button and power and it will turn off...then power to reboot rom.

Actually, it's happened to me twice while I had WiFi set to never sleep when charging.
15th February 2012, 08:35 PM   |  #10  
Senior Moderator - Life Can't Beat Me
Flag Glosta
Thanks Meter: 5,050

5,039 posts
More
Moved To Q&A

We now have a Q&A section. Please post all questions there

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread