Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,983 Members 45,986 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nook tablet won't turn back on!?

Tip us?

DssTrainer
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Default Nook tablet won't turn back on!?

So I used my nook tablet all day yesterday and this morning. I put it down to goto lunch.. came back and noticed my wifi was not on.. I checked settings and it showed "Wifi turning off" and it was grayed out and just stuck.

I've seen this before with other android devices so no biggie. I powered the unit off.

Now it won't turn back on. Holding the power button now for about 20 secs and nothing.
The battery is at like 80% and I even plugged it in to see if it helped but no good.

I did root it at 1.4.0 and used the Block OTA method with titanium backup but nobody else seems to have a problem.

Is there a way to boot in recovery or something ? Perhaps a trip back to B&N will be needed.

DssTrainer
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Ok.. holding vol down + power for around 8 secs got it back on. Weird
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DssTrainer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

albertwertz
Old
Thanks Meter 299

DONATE TO ME
i have noticed this a few times. Not sure why but never lost anything
Check out my Youtube Channel. I demo how to Root/ Unroot and demo several games and essential apps for many devices!
Donate to support my productions..
List of Devices: Samsung Galaxy SIII, Nexus 7, Nook Tablet, Asus Transformer, Notion Ink Adam. If you have a demo request, let me know.

Check out my Channel by clicking here.

skyward01
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by DssTrainer View Post
His happened to me once and I don't know what I did to get it back on. Glad that I now know, thanks.

Sent from my rooted Nook Tablet.

Singingdrum
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DssTrainer View Post
I had a similar problem. I couldn't get the tablet to turn on. I discovered in a Kindle Fire forum that you could get the Fire to start when stuck in the off position by holding down the power button for 20 seconds. I tried that with my Nook and it started right up.

kcwalk
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thank! That worked! I was having the same issue. Said Wifi was turning off and all went blank and couldn't reboot. You gave me the answer.

Cheers.

Gwindli
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I have had the wifi "turning off" issue. Rather than turn off the nook, I used the menu that you get with a long press of the power button when you install either ROM manager or titanium backup, can't remember which. It has rebooted every time without issue.

C64assembly
Old
Thanks Meter 55
The Wifi issue is a known problem. You can set the wifi to stay awake when on the charger and this problem wont happen. Add the power widget so that you can turn the wifi off when not connectwd to the charger. This combo fixes the wifi issue. When your Nook experiences a kernel error it will appear as if it is off but if you hold it at angle, you will notice backlight is on. Just hold nook button and power and it will turn off...then power to reboot rom.

ckevinwelch
Old
Thanks Meter 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by C64assembly View Post
The Wifi issue is a known problem. You can set the wifi to stay awake when on the charger and this problem wont happen. Add the power widget so that you can turn the wifi off when not connectwd to the charger. This combo fixes the wifi issue. When your Nook experiences a kernel error it will appear as if it is off but if you hold it at angle, you will notice backlight is on. Just hold nook button and power and it will turn off...then power to reboot rom.
Actually, it's happened to me twice while I had WiFi set to never sleep when charging.

original_ganjaman
Old
Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 4834
Moved To Q&A

We now have a Q&A section. Please post all questions there

Age, catamite - fac mihi hunc diem felicissimum