Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,105 Members 52,317 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Official 2.3.5 Native Screenshot

Tip us?

gazspro
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Official 2.3.5 Native Screenshot

Hi guys,

Can anyone who has applied the official OTA 2.3.5 update tell me if the power and home button takes a screenshot?

Many thanks,
Gaz

owziee
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Unfortunately no... I wonder if HTC disabled it on purpouse just to f*** with us.
Google Nexus 4 & 7....
-------------------------------------------

raynehk14
Old
(Last edited by raynehk14; 29th December 2011 at 06:04 AM.) Reason: Extra info
Thanks Meter 0
I tried this app on my unrooted IS 2.3.5 and a toast message "screenshot saved to camera shots" appeared. I checked the folder /sdcard/DCIM/ and it did really screen captured. Strange enough the app saves also another copy of the screenshot in its folder too.

https :// market.android.com/details?id=com.edwardkim.android.screenshotitfree

So I'm pretty sure HTC did included the native screenshot API in the ROM, just out of unknown reason excluded the hardware key combination to trigger it... Guess I'll have to stick to the app above to make screenshots for now. Or maybe someone figure out how this app triggered the native screencap api.

gazspro
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you for the replies. It seems to work for the Desire HD which I find odd they would leave it out on the Incredible S.

I tried Screenshot It and it works well but my trial ran out and I don't see why I should pay 2.49 for a standard feature. Maybe an epic dev could create a simple app for us?