I am very pleased to announce that the Samsung Epic 4G SPH-D700 is now officially a CyanogenMod-supported device.
Team EpicCM's github repositories have been merged into CyanogenMod's.
The first official build from this merge, 7.2.0 RC0, is now available.
Borrowing from Decad3nce's preamble:
CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.
THIS IS NOT SAMSUNG TOUCHWIZ AND NEVER WILL BE. DO NOT ASK ABOUT IT IN THIS THREAD. THANK YOU.
#include <std_disclaimer.h> /* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
Visit the CHANGELOG for a full list of changes and features!
WATCH THIS VIDEO ON MTD:
- First time flashing CM 7 to your Epic (or coming from another ROM)?
1. Unlock/root your device and install Clockwork Recovery
2. Do a Nandroid backup!
4. Install the ROM
5. Optionally install the Google Addon
- Upgrading from earlier CM7 or nightly build?
1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
2. Install the ROM (your Google apps will be backed up automatically)
HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?
- Was it a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get me the full output.
- Pastebin links preferred
*Coming soon* Please visit the CyanogenMod Wiki for step-by-step installation walkthroughs and tons of other useful information.
We also now have an official subforum on the CyanogenMod forum site.
The mirror lists have moved to the CyanogenMod Forum.
Download google applications
Thank you to EVERYONE involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging and documenting! Enjoy!
The current buglist:
WiFi Hotspot is broken. Third-party apps are known to work.
Charging notification LED does not light until full charge is reached
Video playback for certain encoders
Other than those (relatively) minor bugs, this rom is nearing a somewhat completion.
- Fixed brightness control (noobnl)
- WiFi appears to be stable. You may need to wipe old settings. (decad3nce, noobnl, uberpinguin)
- Official build
- Fixed bad cached download mounts (noobnl)
- Fixed overlay for video encoding/decoding (decad3nce & noobnl)
- Fixed e911(mkasick)
- Fixed most of the dhcpd cluster****(a couple more issues left)
- Fixed init.d
- Fixed cache errors
- Fixed issues with logwrapper
- Wifi is still screwy
- Stage1/Stage2 inits
- Updates from upstream
- Backup/Restore fixed
- Updated prebuilt modules
- Compiled kernel from source MAJOR THANKS to mkasick and Rodderik
- Fixed torch overlay
- Fixed MMS overlay
- Fixed incoming call routing
- Fixed mic feedback/whistling
- Adjusted APN for MMS - receiving works, sending fixed
- Fixed application notification LED based on a tip from DRockstar
- Fixed haptic feedback with a patch from jt1134
I recommend using the EI22 modem.
Please note flashing someone else's kernel may ruin your experience with this rom and I advise against it. This rom is a result of many tiring hours from Decad3nce, jt1134, Uberpinguin, nubecoder, mkasick, nullghost, dameon78, wispofattes, DRockstar, and many many other contributors.