Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,332 Members 52,931 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stepwise guidance to your dell streak official gingerbread 2.3.3 upgrade 407 ROM

Tip us?

therakez
Old
(Last edited by therakez; 29th December 2011 at 06:21 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Angry Stepwise guidance to your dell streak official gingerbread 2.3.3 upgrade 407 ROM

1. download repairtool.zip from http://downloads.streakdroid.com/djsteve/
2. select the driver from this folder after unzipping repairtool, while updating the dell streak usb driver in your PC
3. then download the recovery image of 407 from the following link http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki...treak#Official
4. download update package 407 from same link.
5. download multirecovery flasher " http://www.4shared.com/file/p22LB2uD/MultiRecoveryFlasherv051.html" and unzip it in c:\ drive
6. rename the update package into update.pkg if its in other name
7. place that update.pkg into sd card and recovery.img into the multirecovery flasher folder and name that multirecovery flasher into some easy name like "streak".
8. then make sure that dell streak is recognized in your computer
9. then turn your dell streak off and wait for 5 sec and then press power button as well as camera button at the same time and it will show a white screen with fastboot option on the right top side
10. then wait untill there is a msg like, 'waiting for fastboot device'
11. wait for 10secs and then plug your usb cable of dell streak into your computer.
12. wait for fastboot mode_ txt.
13. then go to the command prompt in your computer (press start-accessories-command prompt)
14. then type ('"c:\.......) cd\ " )
15. then type (" c:\)cd streak ")
16. then type ("c:\streak)fastboot -i 0x413c flash recovery recovery.img ")
17. press enter, and wait untill success report pops up.
18. then type ("c:\streak)fastboot -i 0x413c reboot "")
19. dont let the phone reboot instantly press both volume up and down as well as the power button at once
20. then phone will turn on in recovery mode
21. select option "2. upgrade rom from update.pkg from sdcard option" with the help of volume down key and press camera button to start then press camera button after a confirmation option screen is displayed then wait untill updated and there will be bit delay to open to home screen dont freak out
22. done you are using a olleh 2.3.3. rom
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to therakez For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

r3ddr460n27
Old
Thanks Meter 4
thank you for this useful post. it is a big help for us dell streak owners

can you please add to your post how to get rid of blinking/flashing led lights (menu, home, back) because some of us have this kind of problem after flashing stock 407 olleh rom. thank you!

therakez
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Cool Reply

I had such a blinks while i did for the first time upgrading to custom ROM but it blinked for just 3 times twice thats all. If you follow my steps to upgrade the ROM i hope it wont blink and wont have any problem for any one. Because i spend lots of time and collected all the information needed to upgrade my streak. I did researched for whole one day to find the dell streak ADB driver and collected all the steps that is easy to help other fellow mates to have a recent upgrade to their Dell Streak.

And I formatted my dell streak with same steps for like more than 6 times already and never had any problem. And couple of time i did with the streakmod and didnt had problem as well. I think this is the easy and detailed information to upgrade to gingerbread 2.3.3 without any problem. I saw lots of problems and lack of information in others post. So, i decided to post a detail and easier steps so mates with dell streak can enjoy the gingerbread 2.3.3

All the best guys with upgrading
The Following User Says Thank You to therakez For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Kingpappy
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by therakez View Post
1. download repairtool.zip from http://downloads.streakdroid.com/djsteve/
2. select the driver from this folder after unzipping repairtool, while updating the dell streak usb driver in your PC
3. then download the recovery image of 407 from the following link http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki...treak#Official
4. download update package 407 from same link.
5. download multirecovery flasher " http://www.4shared.com/file/p22LB2uD/MultiRecoveryFlasherv051.html" and unzip it in c:\ drive
7. place that update.pkg into sd card and recovery.img into the multirecovery flasher folder and name that multirecovery flasher into some easy name like "streak".
8. then make sure that dell streak is recognized in your computer
9. then turn your dell streak off and wait for 5 sec and then press power button as well as camera button at the same time and it will show a white screen with fastboot option on the right top side
10. then wait untill there is a msg like, 'waiting for fastboot device'
11. wait for 10secs and then plug your usb cable of dell streak into your computer.
12. wait for fastboot mode_ txt.
13. then go to the command prompt in your computer (press start-accessories-command prompt)
14. then type ('"c:\.......) cd\ " )
15. then type (" c:\)cd streak ")
16. then type ("c:\streak)fastboot -i 0x413c flash recovery recovery.img ")
17. press enter, and wait untill success report pops up.
18. then type ("c:\streak)fastboot -i 0x413c reboot "")
19. dont let the phone reboot instantly press both volume up and down as well as the power button at once
20. then phone will turn on in recovery mode
21. select option "2. upgrade rom from update.pkg from sdcard option" with the help of volume down key and press camera button to start then press camera button after a confirmation option screen is displayed then wait untill updated and there will be bit delay to open to home screen dont freak out
22. done you are using a olleh 2.3.3. rom

Sent from my Dell Streak using XDA App

ganpath
Old
Thanks Meter 0

which file has to be renamed

droido101
Old
Thanks Meter 4
thank you this is an informative post.

therakez
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
when you download the update package from http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki...treak#Official, it should be named as update.pkg

1006corp
Old
Thanks Meter 0
is it possible to install it on all dell streak 5 devices like unlock versions? my device region is 00 , can i install it on my device?

andy1weir@hotmail.co.uk
Old
Thanks Meter 20
I think the flashing led's is becUse of a mismatch in baseband and rom ( i think) deffo a mismatch of something

Sent from my Dell Streak using xda premium

luv_u_shark
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi is there any video tutorial as i am finding this a bit difficult.Anyone please do help me with installation of gingerbread.Thanks in advance