Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,550 Members 51,223 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Verizon rolls out EL01 Update for its Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 4G LTE Version

Tip us?

mineshrai
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default Verizon rolls out EL01 Update for its Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 4G LTE Version

If you are a owner of Verizonís Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 4G LTE, get your device updated as Verizon has started rolling out EL01 update of Android 3.2. This major update includes TouchWiz for tablets along with many other bug fixes and performance improvements.........

http://mirolta.com/2011/12/29/verizo...g-lte-version/

dmmcd
Old
Thanks Meter 5
We'll see how long it actually takes to get it... Verizon support website still says "coming soon."

stang68x
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Looking forward to getting this.

saniol
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Will I be able to get this update even though I'm rooted?

Cloudscout
Old
Thanks Meter 6
ELO? Sweet!

Does it play "Don't Bring Me Down" while it's booting?

magneticzero
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by saniol View Post
Will I be able to get this update even though I'm rooted?
you can get the update but you are going to brick your device into reboot hell if you do. you need to go back to stock and apply the update properly and then you can reroot it.

and yes going back to stock via the odin file will wipe your device clean including the internal storage.
Sent from your girlfriends iphone

syphex
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I wonder how long it will take to get a manual download. I am really looking forward to this update and it hasn't hit my Tab yet.

MichaelMcC
Old
Thanks Meter 35
I walked in my office one day a week ago and my Verizon Tab 10.1 was in the middle of downloading an update. I knew one was coming so I assumed this was it so I just left it alone and walked out. 4 hours later it was still downloading so I figure it was hung up. I cycled power and it rebooted with the same 3.1 and when I checked for updates it said none available.
I have a stock 3.1 unrooted GT10.1 4G LTE. If it ever shows up again I'll repost.

redram38
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Has anyone gotten this update yet? I switched out my wifi only tab for this one. I should have looked at the lack of development on this one first I guess, but it is nice to have 4g when you need it. I am on sprint for my phone with no 4g coverage and I am amazed at the speeds I get with Verizon LTE 4g. Also the wifi on this tab seems to be a bit stronger. Could just be my imagination but it seems to hold a connection better

pcpimpin
Old
Thanks Meter 46

DONATE TO ME
I got the update but have a slew of issues. Wifi will not get IP address you have to static Auto rotation will not work and no USB storage. I also noticed the camera will not work at random times until I reboot same thing with games and apps. Thinking about using odin3 and restoring to 3.1

The Following User Says Thank You to pcpimpin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]