Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,714 Members 46,002 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] - [3/21/2012] - MikRunny v1.13 - [Sense 3.5 | 2.3.5 | Tweaks | Odex | CDMA]

Tip us?

mexiking713
Old
Thanks Meter 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtheis23 View Post
I got it working when I get off work I can better explain what I did if no one beats me to it
That would be great thank you. I have not been able to figure it out.
Current Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Black)
Rom: JasmineROM
Recovery: SafeStrap
Memory: 32GB internal + 64GB Sandisk MicroSDXC
Case: UAG Navigator, Trident Aegis (Black) & Otterbox Commuter (Black)
Screen protector: Nillkin Tempered Glass

kenosuke117
Old
Thanks Meter 53

DONATE TO ME
Anyone know why my on my contact the ones that are synced with Facebook their pictures are very blurry and nasty looking anyone can help on why are how to fix it?

Sent from my PG8610000 using XDA App

R32_Rocky
Old
(Last edited by R32_Rocky; 4th January 2012 at 09:30 PM.)
Thanks Meter 122
I am having the hardest time with this ROM, but it is not really the rom's fault.

When I flash this ROM (both v1, and 1.01), I also flash Chad's last best kernel, 09. I setup the ROM, and test the various parts of it, and everything seems to work just fine.

It is when I try to restore programs with Titanium BU, that the ROM goes bad, constantly locking up within a few minutes of booting up. So it must be something that starts up around the time the boot process is settling down. One in particular, and I use the most, is System Tuner Pro. I have restored it both ways - with, and without data. Has anyone else had problems with System Tuner running on 3.5 roms?

As for all my other programs restored with TB, I have tried doing it various ways. This last time, I was even quite choosy on what I restored, and how. Things like System Tuner, MailDroid, and other system type programs I only restored just the app, no data. Then I restored regular programs that I use (Alarm Clock Plus, Gentle Alarm, some games, etc) with data. But this restore stalls, and I have to manually end the restore with the back arrow a number of times.

I then rebooted, ROM still worked, did not freeze - even after System Tuner had been restored (no data, and not touched yet). Completed the rest of the restore, then rebooted, and now the ROM begins to freeze.

I was even careful not to restore any 3.0 skins, purchased live wallpapers, old Sense widgets, anything like that. So I am really stumped on what to do. Could try My Backup Pro instead, perhaps? Would anyone maybe have a list of known apps that cause problems with 3.5 based roms that I could make sure I don't use? Things like maybe CPU Spy, Better Battery Stats, Battery Widget Pro (from same dev as System Tuner), Google+, anything? Cause everything does currently work just fine with my current 2.3.4/3.0 CleanROM DE 2.0 SP1 Rom. Thanks.

Oh, and this freezing happens at near exactly the same time (after the TB restores), every boot, and on every 2.3.5/3.5 based ROMs I have tried - this one, JoelZ, and Vin's.

ovrrdrive
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Rather than using tb why don't you just try installing the apps from the market and see if that works?

Or, you can try using System Tuner to do the backup and restore tasks. I installed the latest version from the market on this and it's working fine. I've also restored the 3 or 4 apps I actually care about from System Tuner and they all work fine. I'm a firm believer in installing as much from the market and doing as little restoring from old installs as possible. I like to keep data as fresh as the system if I can.

I really haven't had any issues with anything other than the known bugs.

R32_Rocky
Old
Thanks Meter 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovrrdrive View Post
Rather than using tb why don't you just try installing the apps from the market and see if that works?

Or, you can try using System Tuner to do the backup and restore tasks. I installed the latest version from the market on this and it's working fine. I've also restored the 3 or 4 apps I actually care about from System Tuner and they all work fine. I'm a firm believer in installing as much from the market and doing as little restoring from old installs as possible. I like to keep data as fresh as the system if I can.

I really haven't had any issues with anything other than the known bugs.
Hmm, yeah I knew Tuner did backups (wow, what a Swiss Army Knife of an app that program is, huh?!), but never thought to try it. Maybe I will. Just as for reinstalling from the market, yikes. I have around 200+ apps I would have to download. Guess it is time to clean house (a LOT).

tatnai
Old
(Last edited by tatnai; 4th January 2012 at 11:03 PM.)
Thanks Meter 209

DONATE TO ME
I noticed that on mine too. you could try Friends Sync, you can set the picture quality, I used it on ICS, looks like it's supposed to be compatible with Android 2.x as well.
[ LG Mako Nexus 4 ][ TWRP 2.7.1.0 ][ many Android 4.4 custom roms thx atl4tis, DariosF, AOSPA, and others ]

[ LG Hammerhead Nexus 5 ][ stock - wife's phone ]

Retired:[ HTC Jewel EVO 4G LTE ][ water damage by wife ]
Retired:[ HTC Shooter EVO 3D ][ water damage by wife ]
Retired:[ HTC Supersonic EVO 4G ][ still works (because I didn't let my wife use it) ]
Retired:[ HTC Vogue Touch ]
[ resold ]

ovrrdrive
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by R32_Rocky View Post
Hmm, yeah I knew Tuner did backups (wow, what a Swiss Army Knife of an app that program is, huh?!), but never thought to try it. Maybe I will. Just as for reinstalling from the market, yikes. I have around 200+ apps I would have to download. Guess it is time to clean house (a LOT).
200 apps... Yeah, I feel your pain. I'd be using backups if I needed all that crap on my phone too.

I only actually use about 20 apps so that's all I keep on there. Big difference between my situation and yours there.

STP does automated batch backups. It's worth a try...

jtheis23
Old
(Last edited by jtheis23; 4th January 2012 at 11:41 PM.)
Thanks Meter 212

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbidj View Post
Hey mexiking I remember your name over from a few post on cricketusers any chance you have gotten mms to work on this rom with cricket?
http://dev-host.org/g8j1gomhs0xe/Cricket.zip

in this zip there is an mms.apk and telephonyprovider.apk since the rom is odex so we are gonna have to do a couple extra steps, use root explorer put both the apk's in system/app then set permissions to rw-r-r then delete both mms odex files and both telephonyprovider odex files you'll prolly get a FC after deleting the tele. odex files and it will keep popping up it's cool just pull batt boot into recovery wipe cache and dalvik then fix permissions reboot then with apn backup and restore put the sprint.xml file into your apnbackuprestore folder on your sdcard. then open apn b&r delete apn's and reboot. then open apn b&r and restore the sprint.xml reboot and bam should have working mms on cricket. there also is another file its the latest cricket prl i joined with the latest sprint prl (hybrid) if you wanted to try it out i have 4 bars all the time when i used to have 1 or 2

pm me with any questions

edit: oh yeah dont forget under the mms setting to set the limit to 500k that is the most cricket will allow you to send

edit2: the mms and telephonyprovider apks have worked on every sense 3.5 Rom I have tried
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jtheis23 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mexiking713
Old
Thanks Meter 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtheis23 View Post
http://dev-host.org/g8j1gomhs0xe/Cricket.zip

in this zip there is an mms.apk and telephonyprovider.apk since the rom is odex so we are gonna have to do a couple extra steps, use root explorer put both the apk's in system/app then set permissions to rw-r-r then delete both mms odex files and both telephonyprovider odex files you'll prolly get a FC after deleting the tele. odex files and it will keep popping up it's cool just pull batt boot into recovery wipe cache and dalvik then fix permissions reboot then with apn backup and restore put the sprint.xml file into your apnbackuprestore folder on your sdcard. then open apn b&r delete apn's and reboot. then open apn b&r and restore the sprint.xml reboot and bam should have working mms on cricket. there also is another file its the latest cricket prl i joined with the latest sprint prl (hybrid) if you wanted to try it out i have 4 bars all the time when i used to have 1 or 2

pm me with any questions

edit: oh yeah dont forget under the mms setting to set the limit to 500k that is the most cricket will allow you to send

edit2: the mms and telephonyprovider apks have worked on every sense 3.5 Rom I have tried
Sweet it worked thank you

Sent from my Evo 3D powered by MikRunny
Current Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Black)
Rom: JasmineROM
Recovery: SafeStrap
Memory: 32GB internal + 64GB Sandisk MicroSDXC
Case: UAG Navigator, Trident Aegis (Black) & Otterbox Commuter (Black)
Screen protector: Nillkin Tempered Glass

simongabriel
Old
Thanks Meter 41
On the Warm thread there is mention of issues with SU and TB, and I thought maybe it was related to Chad's 09 kernel? I didn't pay attention to all of the details, and maybe it's just a 3.5 with the 09 kernel that's the problem, but might wanna check that thread to see if there are similar issues to what you are seeing?

Tags
mikrunny=mikpimpin, the mik mik!
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe