Rom 2.3.6 for (yp-g70) via odin3

Search This thread

diguitozito

Dec 13, 2011
Joselândia, Maranhão
I come to bring you the newest firmware for samsung galaxy s wifi 5.0 (yp-G70)
version 2.3.6 released in the East fits perfectly in the other the rest of the world, but if you have a (gb-70) (yp-g1) or similar other than the yp-G70, do not try this, this is a version released by samsung only eastward but I think that soon will also be arriving here via kies

Download the MD5 file that is in the rom: http://115.com/file/clje5a2g
XDA.png

password to unzip is: www.52samsung.com

well come on, you will perform the procedure with odin old.

Unzip the downloaded file
Place the apparatus in order
Download (press the lock button + volume down + Home at the same time)
Open Odin
XDA2.png

Click PDA and add the new firmware file in the case
CODE_G70ZCKP9_CL707714_REV01_user_low_ship_HOME.tar.md5
Connect the USB phone in and wait for the Odin recognize
Click Start and wait
Ready!

When he will restart in China you will be in the language options and change pro quiz you.
I made mine and I do not blame you're perfect for others!
DSC00024.jpg

Last edited:

rjsmith2007

Dec 27, 2010
Does anyone know what changes or enhancements have been made with this rom version? Have they added the froyo-only audio features back into the music player? Performance enhancements? Bug fixes?

Jesse6749

May 1, 2010
T.B.A
Do not flash this guys, I did and lost my capacitive buttons and it took me quite a while of searching to find a solution. But in the process I bricked my Player and I had to use Adam's bootloader recovery guide in combination with files from samfirmware.com to finally get my player back to normal again, but this is not something a new user can do.
So be very careful!!!

onurdndar

May 27, 2008
Do not flash this guys, I did and lost my capacitive buttons and it took me quite a while of searching to find a solution. But in the process I bricked my Player and I had to use Adam's bootloader recovery guide in combination with files from samfirmware.com to finally get my player back to normal again, but this is not something a new user can do.
So be very careful!!!

The US version is different from the rest of the world. Don't put roms intended for other regions on it, and vice versa. You should always do a bit of research before installing new roms, carefulness is indeed required!

Jesse6749

May 1, 2010
T.B.A
The US version is different from the rest of the world. Don't put roms intended for other regions on it, and vice versa. You should always do a bit of research before installing new roms, carefulness is indeed required!

I knew it would be different, but did not think it would disable the soft buttons.
I am just one of the many flash aholics here and could not resist LOL!!!!. :p:p
Good thing my experience flashing my phones and Adam's recovery guide and also some help on the samfimware.com forums helped me recover the player. :D:D:D

DoeBoi

Jan 18, 2011
so...have anyone (with yp-g70) tried pushing this? if so, did lose root access or having issues after?

diguitozito

Dec 13, 2011
Joselândia, Maranhão
So be very careful!!!

and put in the post this rom is designed to yp-G70, put yourself in galaxy palyer and 5-70 gb does not work

marcusmarcus

Dec 3, 2010
and put in the post this rom is designed to yp-G70, put yourself in galaxy palyer and 5-70 gb does not work

Actually you probably should make it more clear as the Galaxy PLayers are still yp-g70. Per Samsungs website here, the Galaxy Player is a YP-G70.
Galaxy%20Player2.jpg

Galaxy%20Player1.jpg

I think we need to start designating whether ROMs are for the version with or without the capacitive/soft home key.

Reactions: lardman

n64_ali

Feb 9, 2010
Just a question: for those of us that are rooted, is Odin/Heimdall the only way to get this update short of unrooting? Last I heard, Samsung Kies doesn't work too well (read, not at all) with rooted devices. Thanks.

lewrydiboys

Aug 13, 2009
brasilia
Yes, you will lose root, but you can do it again with SuperOneClick. I installed this rom, but my camera and music player are not working.

frozen199

Jul 16, 2010
London
I flashed this rom on my UK YP-G70 previously on 2.2.3 Froyo followed OP instructions. Everything went smoothly did a factory reset and wipe cache in recovery after flashing and everything works well including camera and music app. Market is missing though so I shall try find the latest market apk and see if I can install it.

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

Do not flash this, I was able to install the market, but I soon realised this firmware doesn't have the option to add a Google account and all Google applications are missing. I believe this ROM is for the China region hence a lot of option have been removed and is not suitable for other regions. Its a great shame because the ROM was very fast and battery life excellent. I am now going to flash 2.3.5

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I come to bring you the newest firmware for samsung galaxy s wifi 5.0 (yp-G70)
    version 2.3.6 released in the East fits perfectly in the other the rest of the world, but if you have a (gb-70) (yp-g1) or similar other than the yp-G70, do not try this, this is a version released by samsung only eastward but I think that soon will also be arriving here via kies

Download the MD5 file that is in the rom: http://115.com/file/clje5a2g
    XDA.png

password to unzip is: www.52samsung.com

well come on, you will perform the procedure with odin old.

Unzip the downloaded file
    Place the apparatus in order
    Download (press the lock button + volume down + Home at the same time)
    Open Odin
    XDA2.png

Click PDA and add the new firmware file in the case
    CODE_G70ZCKP9_CL707714_REV01_user_low_ship_HOME.tar.md5
    Connect the USB phone in and wait for the Odin recognize
    Click Start and wait
    Ready!

When he will restart in China you will be in the language options and change pro quiz you.
    I made mine and I do not blame you're perfect for others!
    DSC00024.jpg
    So be very careful!!!

I flashed this rom on my UK YP-G70 previously on 2.2.3 Froyo followed OP instructions. Everything went smoothly did a factory reset and wipe cache in recovery after flashing and everything works well including camera and music app. Market is missing though so I shall try find the latest market apk and see if I can install it.

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

Do not flash this, I was able to install the market, but I soon realised this firmware doesn't have the option to add a Google account and all Google applications are missing. I believe this ROM is for the China region hence a lot of option have been removed and is not suitable for other regions. Its a great shame because the ROM was very fast and battery life excellent. I am now going to flash 2.3.5

Actually you probably should make it more clear as the Galaxy PLayers are still yp-g70. Per Samsungs website here, the Galaxy Player is a YP-G70.
    Galaxy%20Player2.jpg

Galaxy%20Player1.jpg

I think we need to start designating whether ROMs are for the version with or without the capacitive/soft home key.